Do we have a DC yet? | The Boneyard

Do we have a DC yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I miss the story of our new DC or are we waiting for Dan Reeves to finish coaching one of the college all star games to announce him as our new defensive guru.

Can you imagine PP, GDL and Dan Reeves all on the same coaching staff? Defibulator...check....Ensure...check...Fixodent...check.

All kidding aside...who's our guy for defense?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I heard Phillp Drummond got interviewed.Uconn wanted a different stroke at DC

Reaction Score
Do we have an OC yet?

My guess is the delay in announcing Weist is just a required formality because of the need to post the state job opening. I think the fact that we are now trying to land the QB from Ohio signals Weist is onboard.

Reaction Score
Did I miss the story of our new DC or are we waiting for Dan Reeves to finish coaching one of the college all star games to announce him as our new defensive guru.

Can you imagine PP, GDL and Dan Reeves all on the same coaching staff? Defibulator...check....Ensure...check...Fixodent...check.

All kidding aside...who's our guy for defense?

People were speculating that Hughes would get the job but if that were happening I think it would already be announced.

pj

Reaction Score
People were speculating that Hughes would get the job but if that were happening I think it would already be announced.

Not necessarily. It may depend on other factors like GDL's job search opening up a spot, and who is available for the other assistant positions.

Reaction Score
we still need a rb coach and a special teams coordinator too.

Reaction Score
I hope Hank gets it. He's a great guy, he's loyal and he's always done a good job for us. I think he'd be a great choice unless PP has the connections to get us another Don Brown.

In retrospect, I wish Hank got the head coaching job but that may have been a disaster anyway, who knows?......

Reaction Score
I hope Hank gets it. He's a great guy, he's loyal and he's always done a good job for us. I think he'd be a great choice unless PP has the connections to get us another Don Brown.

In retrospect, I wish Hank got the head coaching job but that may have been a disaster anyway, who knows?......
There would have been a large number of defections if he got the job. That is from players I was friends with on the team at the time of the coaching search. As bad as HCPP has been, it was a better choice.

Reaction Score
You just reminded me of the bad old days. Edsall would get three punts blocked in a game and after say, "The scheme is fine. Lyndon does a good job there. We just didn't execute."

It was nearly as bad last season. Instead of blocked punts, we had about a 1 yard average on all returns.
Might as well have had a monkey running the offense, and ST

Reaction Score
There would have been a large number of defections if he got the job. That is from players I was friends with on the team at the time of the coaching search. As bad as HCPP has been, it was a better choice.

can you say why ???

Reaction Score
can you say why ???
I wasn't given definitive reasons and I didn't press for a further explanation. I have a few assumptions as to why some players may have disliked the hire, but I don't want to speculate about something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom