DJ back in CT | The Boneyard

DJ back in CT

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to him on the new role, I hope that coaching suits him again... I read that article from SI(?) and figured he was done with it.

Best of luck sir!
Wow....I read the article as well....guess he didn't mean any of it. Of course, he does have the right to change his mind and I'm sure his family will enjoy having him back in the area. Good luck Coach Hernandez!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Wow....I read the article as well....guess he didn't mean any of it. Of course, he does have the right to change his mind and I'm sure his family will enjoy having him back in the area. Good luck Coach Hernandez!

When I read that article and thought "This writer wrote the story they wanted to writen. "

It did not come off as authentic - the writer knew what story he wanted and then filled in the details that fit that story and ignored everything else.

Reaction Score
Welcome back DJ. You made a smart move returning to CT. I believe the people here will not judge you for the actions of another, but rather will recognize you for the person they know YOU to be. Good luck DJ... Another Husky comes home! ;)

Reaction Score
This is surprising. Thought he'd be done with it all after everything that went down with his brother, but I guess football is in his blood. Wishing him the best at Ledyard.

Reaction Score
I am shocked as I thought he was done with football and had a successful roofing business in Texas.

I wish him well and would be surprised that if successful, he winds up on a future UCONN staff.

Reaction Score
Being a business owner is rough especially in a manual labor field/trade. That SI article made it seem like roofing in Texas was fun. I helped a friend do a roof in CT once. Not fun at all.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Glad to see him back. Wish him great success at Ledyard and beyond.

Reaction Score
Agree - stunned in a way.

@ucjoet - your friend of a friend of a friend info was closer than we thought?
Thanks huskymedic. My source was a friend who knows one of DJ's old coaches at Bristol Central. I belive the old coach accidentally met up with DJ, and DJ told him the story. By the time I heard the story, the high school mentioned was Hand HS.

Again surprised to hear he is back in CT, but wish him the best of luck. His father and uncle were both considered very good athletes in their day ( just a little older than I ), but DJ and Aaron took it to a different level. We all know the athlete Aaron was, but in HS DJ (overall) may have been better. I believe he is the only athlete in Bristol history to be named all-state in 3 sports ( football, hoop and baseball ) in the same year.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
When I read that article and thought "This writer wrote the story they wanted to writen. "

It did not come off as authentic - the writer knew what story he wanted and then filled in the details that fit that story and ignored everything else.
But you really have no basis for that, other than that's your opinion.

Reaction Score
Thanks huskymedic. My source was a friend who knows one of DJ's old coaches at Bristol Central. I belive the old coach accidentally met up with DJ, and DJ told him the story. By the time I heard the story, the high school mentioned was Hand HS.

Again surprised to hear he is back in CT, but wish him the best of luck. His father and uncle were both considered very good athletes in their day ( just a little older than I ), but DJ and Aaron took it to a different level. We all know the athlete Aaron was, but in HS DJ (overall) may have been better. I believe he is the only athlete in Bristol history to be named all-state in 3 sports ( football, hoop and baseball ) in the same year.

He did interview at Hand also so the info was correct

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Congrats to DJ. He deserves a chance to get out from under the black cloud his brother's situation has put him under. He must have a great desire to get back into coaching, because I can guarantee he'll be making less money as a HS football coach than he was with his roofing business. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
Being a business owner is rough especially in a manual labor field/trade. That SI article made it seem like roofing in Texas was fun. I helped a friend do a roof in CT once. Not fun at all.

I shingled a roof once in college. I don't think the real carpenters watching me do it had ever enjoyed their job that much. As my brother in law once said: "You are so lucky God created desk jobs."

Reaction Score
D.J. Hernandez Named Football Coach At Ledyard High School

>>Buonocore said Hernandez also received high recommendations from UConn coach Randy Edsall, who coached Hernandez in Storrs; former UConn offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach and current Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead; and former UConn offensive coordinator Rob Ambrose, current Towson State coach. Buonocore said in addition to the football position for Hernandez, who holds a master's degree in school counseling from UConn, he'll be Ledyard's student support/in school suspension supervisor starting on Jan. 30.<<

In-School Suspension Supervisor... I wonder if they have outlawed stairs and burpees in Ledyard?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom