Distractions 'Til November | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Distractions 'Til November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would modify the rule on transfers: either you sit out the first 5 games of the season, OR the last game of the season(NCAA tourney included).

Obviously, if you make the post season then you won't know when you're playing the
last game of the season. (unless you make it to the championship game).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
huskyd, Natalie will surprise you this year. The hand, the cast / wrap and not playing with the starters did not help. From day one she will be the starting center, throwing outlet passes to Crystal to Gabby to Katie Lou for the layup. with Napheesa there for the putback.

What happened to Kia and Saniya? Very sly that one you slipped in matey!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Definition: Boat---a hole in the water in which you throw money. Sailed PR, Vieques, St Thomas, St. Croix then I filled up the hole and spend the money.

No doubt correct; I got rid of the grand ole lady pictured because no much how much I spent, there was no getting her right or serviceable. So what did stupid me do...buy a 1980's vintage C&C...I just want to sail (while I still can) on the LI Sound, my happy hunting ground.

And no Signor...not sailing back to Guatemala Back where I belong...but seriously thinking of flying down in Sept. Really miss the Volcanos. River, Antigua et al...Will make a bee-line to Atitlan if it materializes

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No doubt correct; I got rid of the grand ole lady pictured because no much how much I spent, there was no getting her right or serviceable. So what did stupid me do...buy a 1980's vintage C&C...I just want to sail (while I still can) on the LI Sound, my happy hunting ground.

And no Signor...not sailing back to Guatemala Back where I belong...but seriously thinking of flying down in Sept. Really miss the Volcanos. River, Antigua et al...Will make a bee-line to Atitlan if it materializes
We will keep a light in the window.

Reaction Score

I had mine shipped from New Orleans to PR--I'm not much of an wide open seas sailor. But if you want to get away from "it all" sailing is perfect. Your attention is on sailing, no stupid thought creep in, you are occupied. Sailing can be very peaceful. I could sail easily from Roosevelt Road (former NAS) marina to Vieques,or St thomas or St Croix--but I had a few hair raising moments too. The sea is not an open book, clear, bright smooth once minute--waves 14 ft high the next. Ran aground 2 miles out from Vieques--surprise, surprise. Got to look closely at those charts.. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hell of lot more than that going on. This is gonna be a great summer. :D

Triple Crown starts this weekend with the Kentucky Derby.

Champions League final is May 26th.

Copa America Centenerio is 6/3 - 6/26. And that's right here in the USA.

UEFA Euro 2016 is 6/10 - 7/10

Wimbledon is 6/27 - 7/10

Tour de France is 7/2 - 7/24

EPL starts 8/13, La Liga 8/21, Serie A 8/21

Then the kids are back in school. :D
For some these things are held dear. To me not a one do give a fig. Also since I live in NYC and the kids are no longer at home, children back to school means public transportation is a loud, haranguing, disrespectful, dangerous hazard to those of us above 40.

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes vs Dr. Elizabeth Williams comparison will resume.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah, I broke down and as guilted by ThisJustin, signed up for the WNBA League Pass for a ridiculously low $15 for the season. Root, root, root for my Huskies in the WNBA and my Mercury most of all, albeit the Storm and Sun and whatever that team is that has Moriah(I'm working on it! Dagnabit!) are not too far behind.
Does it include ant preseason games or just the regular season?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How about them Leicester Foxes, huh Meyers??
Well since it wasn't gonna be us, it's pretty cool it's them. (especially since Spurs fell short)

Reaction Score
With my sentimental favorite and independent Tim Wilkerson and Courtney Force (daughter of a legend and married to Indy racer Graham Rahall) now tied for the lead in NHRA Funny Car class, it looks to be a very exciting season in NHRA Nitro Drag Racing. Life is good!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
May is officially (by Act of Congress) Military Appreciation Month.

May 8 is VE-Day and (started President Reagan in 1994) Military Spouse Appreciation Day.

May 16 is Armed Forces Day.

May 30 is Memorial Day.
July 4 is Independence Day.

Many opportunities to beat the drum and wave the flag

Reaction Score

The '80's C&Cs are terrific boats! Good for you. Enjoy!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I would modify the rule on transfers: either you sit out the first 5 games of the season, OR the last game of the season(NCAA tourney included).

Well, that's problematic, of course. It's also overly punitive.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just for the record: The President's Cup is in the fall of 2017. The Ryder Cup is this coming fall at Hazeltine in Minnesota.
The Ryder Cup has some similarities to the olde days of UConn/LadyVol....lots of heat with a side dose of snarkiness.

When Hazeltine was brand new they held the US. Open there...maybe around 1970. Veteran pro Dave Hill....an AA at snarkiness...played a practice round and declared that they had ruined a good farm.

Reaction Score
Hell of lot more than that going on. This is gonna be a great summer. :D

Triple Crown starts this weekend with the Kentucky Derby.

Champions League final is May 26th.

Copa America Centenerio is 6/3 - 6/26. And that's right here in the USA.

UEFA Euro 2016 is 6/10 - 7/10

Wimbledon is 6/27 - 7/10

Tour de France is 7/2 - 7/24

EPL starts 8/13, La Liga 8/21, Serie A 8/21

Then the kids are back in school. :D
what about the Giro that started yesterday? Its the hardest race of the three grand tours!!!!!

Reaction Score
huskyd, Natalie will surprise you this year. The hand, the cast / wrap and not playing with the starters did not help. From day one she will be the starting center, throwing outlet passes to Crystal to Gabby to Katie Lou for the layup. with Napheesa there for the putback.
That is the big question for next season, who will be the 5th starter (assuming Kia, Lou, Napheesa and Gabby will be starters. There has been some BYers assumption that CD may be a starter. The following season will be a logjam for the starting lineup!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
what about the Giro that started yesterday? Its the hardest race of the three grand tours!!!!!
Thought about adding that, but figured I'd be pushing it with The Tour as it was (for most people).

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
May is officially (by Act of Congress) Military Appreciation Month.

May 8 is VE-Day and (started President Reagan in 1994) Military Spouse Appreciation Day.

May 16 is Armed Forces Day.

May 30 is Memorial Day.
July 4 is Independence Day.

Many opportunities to beat the drum and wave the flag
The patriotic decorations at my house come out before Memorial Day and remain through the 4th of July (yes, we do a lot of seasonal decorating). Of course, one local restaurant, "Biscuits Cafe" (owned by a veteran with children in the military) is decorated entirely in patriotic theme (plates, figurines, teddy bears, and just "stuff") all year round.. Does a great business.

For all the patriotic decor that is available, I'm always surprised by how seldom you see anything displayed. Did have an ex-marine up the street when we first moved here, he displayed the marine and national flags; we also had someone with a 20 foot or more built in flag-pole flying the US flag, but they seem to have moved. Gave a nice feel to the neighborhood.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
For all the patriotic decor that is available, I'm always surprised by how seldom you see anything displayed. Did have an ex-marine up the street when we first moved here, he displayed the marine and national flags; we also had someone with a 20 foot or more built in flag-pole flying the US flag, but they seem to have moved. Gave a nice feel to the neighborhood.

Admirable sentiments in your post, but let me help you stay out of trouble. Ain't no such thing as an ex-Marine. If currently inactive, "former Marine" is acceptable. Ditto for Paratroopers. These folks are feisty and fussy.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom