Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Louisville coach Jeff Walz will settle for nothing less than NCAA title | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Louisville coach Jeff Walz will settle for nothing less than NCAA title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Always enjoy talking with Jeff; I'm going to miss him this season, with them not coming up here.

In this week’s podcast, Jeff Walz commented that at Louisville, he does not worry about winning conference championships, he worries about national championships.

Think about that for a second. This is a head coach in his first year in the prestigious, fierce and intense Atlantic Coast Conference, taking on established conference members Duke and North Carolina, to name two. Last year Notre Dame, a perennial national power joined the conference.

Yet Walz has his sights set not on winning the conference championship, but the big prize, the NCAA title. Heck, even Geno Auriemma said that defending champion Connecticut’s first goal is the conference championship. When you have one title as a top assistant, then make five trips to the Sweet Sixteen and two trips to the finals in your seven years as a head coach, it is easy to have lofty aspirations.

http://post original url/Rkg7P4szBf

Reaction Score
Everytime I try to paste the link, it shows up as something different.

Let's try this:
upload_2014-12-4_16-2-13.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I enjoyed listening to Jeff's interview. I haven't been able to sign up for Verizon's College BB package yet so I haven't seen Louisville play yet.

Reaction Score
I'm able to watch Louisville play Iowa on the Watch ESPN thing.

Reaction Score
Tell Jeff we're sorry but the NCAA title is reserved for UCONN.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
We absolutely destroyed Iowa. Played 2nd string for most of the last 11 minutes and we still won by 30+. Bria Smith and Mariya Moore played suffocating defense. I was very impressed with the effort on both sides of the ball tonight. Bigger test coming on Sunday. I am very close to saying that I believe this is a better team than last year. It is still early, and we still need to play a T10 team, but these freshman are very, very exciting. Bria Smith is playing like the Mc D's All American we have been waiting to see. Exciting times for the Cardinals.

Reaction Score
Jude made a few "Shoni-like" passes in the second half. I think they're headed for a showdown with ND in February!

Great test this weekend against Kentucky.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Like most coaches, Jeff overstates how talented the weak teams they've played as part of their OOC Schedule. :)

Number of interesting games between top 10 teams in next couple of weeks. How about having coaches/media experts discuss the games on your podcast.

Reaction Score
Like most coaches, Jeff overstates how talented the weak teams they've played as part of their OOC Schedule. :)

Number of interesting games between top 10 teams in next couple of weeks. How about having coaches/media experts discuss the games on your podcast.

I kind of chuckled when he threw that out there. Yes, Western Kentucky is a quality mid-major, but his early schedule before last night was really not impressive.

With Iowa, Kentucky and Cal in December and then the ACC schedule, they'll get plenty of tests.

I like the make up of this team. They could be a legit Final Four candidate if they can get another outside shooter to roll. They're only taking around 10 threes per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom