Discouraging, But you Never Can Tell... | The Boneyard

Discouraging, But you Never Can Tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10452933/college-football-realignment-era-ended

In other words, the tectonic plates that produced one earthquake after another over the past 16 years are done shifting for a while. And peace and quiet settled over the land.

"I believe that it's true and I hope that it's true," Swofford said, "because I think the collegiate landscape athletically needs that for a period of time. It will be healthy for major college athletics."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10449917/american-athletic-conference-focusing-future

Reaction Score
Nothing makes my blood boil like reading these quotes. Fortunately only Swofford had declared the realignment over.

Reaction Score
he's really not in the best position to be speaking about CR - one can immagine UMd's lawyers pouring over his every word

Reaction Score
I think he realizes he made a lot of enemies in CR and the kitchen's too hot now?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
ESPN is now referring to itself as a tectonic plate? The hypocracy about an article from Swofford and ESPN calling for an end to realignment in the interest of college sports makes me want to pick up a pitchfork and drive on down to Bristol.

Reaction Score
WestHartHusk said:
ESPN is now referring to itself as a tectonic plate? The hypocracy about an article from Swofford and ESPN calling for an end to realignment in the interest of college sports makes me want to pick up a pitchfork and drive on down to Bristol.

I'm right behind you

Reaction Score

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Greaseball Swofford is the last one who should be talking about what is healthy for college athletics. His constant raids of the BE has led to more travel for student athletes - oh right, who gives a rats ass about student athletes.

Of course the presidents of those former BE schools are just as guilty.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I wouldn't believe what comes out of his mouth. He's a snake oil salesman.

Reaction Score
This sucks bawls. Not that I think Swofford speaks with any sincerity or credibility but like most, fear it is long term. I think we need an AAC survival guide. This way we can streamline Husky fans towards universal continued existence while benefiting only suitable factions and not bestowing our capital to the evil overlords that we want to join as soon as they invite us.

Reaction Score
"The conferences with the biggest media rights packages carry the most allure. With the exception of the Big Ten, which will negotiate new rights deals next year (the league's current contracts expire in 2016), the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC have media agreements that extend into the next decade."

Besides Swofford being an idiot and hypocrite, this stood out to me. The whole article is about realignment being over, but then...maybe not. Combine this with the B1G office opening in NY: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/95904/delany-big-ten-mind-set-must-be-national.

Hmmmm...

Reaction Score
And, ESPN is hoping realignment is over for the ACC as the ACC is the only G5 conference that ESPN owns all the rights.

Reaction Score
ESPiN is hoping the realignment is over. ESPiN is merely using its head puppet to spread the news. ESPiN used Swofford to start the P5 designation too. It seems like Swofford is ESPiN's spoke person on all things dealing with conferences.

Let's hope B1G will start up the CR train again regardless what ESPiN is saying.

All UCONN fans should get together and burn down ESPiN. They are one of the major reasons why we are stuck in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Swofford remimds me of a guy taking a swing and hitting someone in the face. Then when that guy goes to beat the crap out of him, he says "Whoa, why don't we cool off. Violence isn't the answer."

Reaction Score
Yeah...ya gotta like John.

The John Gotti of conference commissioners.

Sure, there is Delany and Slive...but it is the Teflon John who hides the dagger behind his smile. Maybe Swofford is a Sicilian name.

Reaction Score
Swofford's is a pawn, nothing he says should be taken seriously. He's the one looking over his shoulder now. It's Slive and Delaney's game that he plays in.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This sounds like weakness and desperation. Strength is saying that you are happy with your current membership and think you have the best conference in America, not "I sure hope-think realignment is over."

Best case scenario is the UMD lawsuit invalidates the $50m exit fee as punitive which necessarily means that a GOR is punitive, thus opening the floodgates (around the country).

Reaction Score
I think he realizes he made a lot of enemies in CR and the kitchen's too hot now?

Like 88% of the State of Connecticut to start. The 12% BCU wannabees dream of going to the East Windsor Cracker Barrell with him.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Swofford is channeling Bowlsby of the Big 12 who said over a year ago....

"My opinion," he told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday, "is college athletics would be well served by some period of smooth water and not all of the angst and disorganization that goes with moves from one league to another."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom