Direct TV & Costco... | The Boneyard

Direct TV & Costco...

Reaction Score
So I walked into Costco in Waterbury yesterday & see a manned Direct TV kiosk. (Costco had previously been selling DISH Network)
I asked the rep. how long Direct TV had been available through Costco & he replied that it began being introduced 17 months ago & was now available through all Costcos nationwide.

Synopsis of conversation:
$ 1.00 to have Direct TV tech come out to your home for siting check
$300.00 installation fee waived for Costco members after financial background check
Installation of dish on roof preferred (no charge) otherwise installation fee elsewhere

I was asked how much my cable bill is: @ $ 280.00 for 2 phone lines (going to delete 1 as kids are grown & have cell phones), internet service, full Cox Package along with HBO & Starz & Contour DVR service.

His reply:
Most popular package $76.95 (goes to $ 116.00 after introductory period) + $ 30.00 for 2 premiums which the customer can change once a month
- No fee for monthly autopay (nominal fee for mailed bill)
-only pay CT. sales tax-no other cable fees
-recommend that keep landline & internet with COX Cable
-$ 200.00 in store gift card from Costco for signing on with Direct TV

Now I have to figure if it's worth switching. Mrs. coachcap said that she'd leave the decision to me. If she had her druthers, we will purchase an Apple TV device, & go basic cable with the rest of the bundle intact minus the 2nd phone line.

Reaction Score
I like the way their on demand works. But whenever there is a thunderstorm during a game you really want to watch, (like the last 3 minutes of the US /Portugal World Cup match), you'll be screwed.

Reaction Score
Glad you mentioned on demand. If you get their wired on demand boxes, there's no charge. If you want the wireless (to be able to move the boxes from room to room or patio) there's an installation fee.

Reaction Score
Directv does funny stuff with your bill that will drive you batty. I usually scream at them on the phone once every six months about something. Then the next month they're offering you a bunch of free channels that usually results in funky billing. So it's a vicious cycle. I still like it more than the cable though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom