Dino Babers | The Boneyard

Dino Babers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else a bit jealous yesterday watching that offense work? Imagine when he gets his guys in on the turf in the dome. What was also clear was that he was flexible in his game plan - he saw a weakness in our defense and a coach not willing to adjust and attacked it unmercifully. Looks like Syracuse made a good hire (as long as the defense gets cleaned up).

We need this exact type of coaching profile - a guy who has proven he can coach an electric offense at a lower level school. This whole "we don't have the players to run an exciting offense" excuse is ridiculous - if you can do it at bowling freaking green and eastern Illinois, you can do it at UConn.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't know what game you were watching, but other than the throwing 8 feet in the air to a freak athlete, cuse did almost nothing on offense. The score starts and end with their receiver, the pick six, and our inability to punch the ball in on short yardage.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I can't say I was really jealous. They just exploited us over the top like every other team has done this season. They weren't really any good.

Reaction Score
They had 450 yards of offense on our defense, which is considered at least decent. They consistently caught us off guard with pacing and just the fact that they would consistently take shots down field is light years ahead of where we are at. keep in mind this is his 4th game - and also, that freak athlete he was throwing the ball up to was brought in by babers, and clearly wasn't utilized at MD considering he looked like Calvin Johnson yesterday. If you want to completely take credit for their offense yesterday go ahead, but I liked what I saw.

Reaction Score
I give Babers credit. It was far beyond just #7. Maybe in his SECOND year ... he can have a RB too.

Reaction Score
You need to give credit where credit is due. He saw that Diaco was playing soft with no pressure on their QB, so he exploited it. The fact he has a good receiver just means he coached to his strength like a good coach should do. Their QB is also way ahead of our QB as far as accuracy and pocket presence.

Meanwhile, we are stuck with a coach that runs 3 straight times up the middle and a QB that can't throw with slightest distraction.

Reaction Score
You need to give credit where credit is due. He saw that Diaco was playing soft with no pressure on their QB, so he exploited it. The fact he has a good receiver just means he coached to his strength like a good coach should do. Their QB is also way ahead of our QB as far as accuracy and pocket presence.

Meanwhile, we are stuck with a coach that runs 3 straight times up the middle and a QB that can't throw with slightest distraction.

I don think it's up to Diaco or the DC whether or not we put pressure on the QB.... We just have ZERO pass rush!

Reaction Score
I don't know what game you were watching, but other than the throwing 8 feet in the air to a freak athlete, cuse did almost nothing on offense. The score starts and end with their receiver, the pick six, and our inability to punch the ball in on short yardage.

Wisdom!

Reaction Score
You need to give credit where credit is due. He saw that Diaco was playing soft with no pressure on their QB, so he exploited it.

Absolutely correct. Soft with our DB's---lots of cushion---and no blitzing with our LB's. After the umteenth completion there was still no adjustment. That's tantamount to coaching malpractice.

Reaction Score
Last year Syracuse was 118th in total offense. After 4 games this year, 25th. So far, Babers looks impressive to me.

Yea but last year they had no talent, just like us this year.

Reaction Score
Anyone else a bit jealous yesterday watching that offense work? Imagine when he gets his guys in on the turf in the dome. What was also clear was that he was flexible in his game plan - he saw a weakness in our defense and a coach not willing to adjust and attacked it unmercifully. Looks like Syracuse made a good hire (as long as the defense gets cleaned up).

We need this exact type of coaching profile - a guy who has proven he can coach an electric offense at a lower level school. This whole "we don't have the players to run an exciting offense" excuse is ridiculous - if you can do it at bowling freaking green and eastern Illinois, you can do it at UConn.

He represents the type of hire UConn regularly refuses to make -- an offensive hire for a team starved of offensive production. Orlovsky said it himself. The team hasn't had a halfway reliable offense in over a decade. That's why I shamelessly suggest Art Briles. Put him through sensitivity training if you have to. And if not him (understandably), then find the best offensive coordinator/coach you can find. But stop repeating the same history of hiring defensive coaches for a team that has had zero offensive identity for about a decade or more, especially in an age of spread and air raids.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Syracuse had one weapon and wisely abused us with it. I was impressed except for their inability to slow their pace at the end of the first half, which allowed us to score a TD. Awful clock management there...other than that, ge seems good.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Syracuse had one weapon and wisely abused us with it. I was impressed except for their inability to slow their pace at the end of the first half, which allowed us to score a TD. Awful clock management there...other than that, ge seems good.
Or our awful clock management which allowed them to kick a field goal at the end of the half.

Reaction Score
Awful clock management that allowed them to score again before the half expired. He believes that scoring points wins games. Diaco believes that controlling TOP wins games.

I'll take that kind of clock management that wants to maximize scoring opportunities over Uconn's clock management.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="We just have ZERO pass rush!

BINGO![/QUOTE]

You can't be serious? You can't get to the QB with 3 DLs unless they are super human. If that's not working, you blitz LBs from multiple locations or even safeties or corners on occasion just to create different look to confuse the defense.

For Diaco, he rushed 3 guys on third and long and repeatedly put one or two corners on an island 1 and 1 like he did with Summers. Opposing QB, with time due to lack of pressure, exploited it mercilessly like Cuse did. At minimal, he should have put 2 guys on the receiver that burned us for 270 yards at all times.

Sorry, that's just bad coaching and total lack of feel or adjustment. Cuse coach in 4th month already look like an upgrade and we got our PP clone in the making.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99