Dimwit Andrea Adelson... | The Boneyard

Dimwit Andrea Adelson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
most females at espn are very pretty. she is the one who brings that to most and not all.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have to say that Adelson is perhaps the worst blogger on the planet, which is possibly why she was put on the Big East blog by ESPN. If anyone wanted further proof on a conspiracy theory involving ESPN against the Big East, Adelson is the smoking gun. She makes me pray that they still had Brian Bennett on the BE blog, and he wasn't all that great.

p.s., it has nothing to do with her looks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I have to say that Adelson is perhaps the worst blogger on the planet, which is possibly why she was put on the Big East blog by ESPN. If anyone wanted further proof on a conspiracy theory involving ESPN against the Big East, Adelson is the smoking gun. She makes me pray that they still had Brian Bennett on the BE blog, and he wasn't all that great.

p.s., it has nothing to do with her looks.

i was just about to type basically this. she makes bb look like god. her only goto argument for things is well the acc has been bad for years but......

oh and shes not a looker

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She at least is picking UConn as her dark horse candidate for league champion this year...

Regardless of BB or AA, ESPN's Big East board is filled with nothing but Pitt and WVU trolls. It's mind numbing.

Reaction Score
She at least is picking UConn as her dark horse candidate for league champion this year...

Regardless of BB or AA, ESPN's Big East board is filled with nothing but Pitt and WVU trolls. It's mind numbing.

I don't even bother looking at the comments. A number of the stories posted in the lunchtime links are Dez articles. Not much value in the Big East blog. Learn way more on twitter. I know some of you hate it!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Yeah, she did. But then she followed it up by saying we are a "very dark horse!" to Christian Fauria (sp?), another numbskull that finds his way onto the Big East Blog for commentary. Also, BNich is right on the money with his comment, since about 70% of AA's articles on UConn are actually Dez's articles; sometimes 4 days old or even older. Finally, every article that references the Big East has some snarky, derogatory comment from her, as do her Q&A's with Big East fans. Yes, Andrea, we get it; we aren't the SEC...but we're not the MAC either! I find myself on that blog less and less. And you are absolutely right; the WVU/Pitt fans are ridiculous, and only TexasCardsFan (or whatever his name is) stands up for any other team in the BE. To say it's mind-numbing is being extremely nice...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing personal, but I find it pretty distasteful that it's not possible to discuss a female sports journalist without relating her worth to how pretty she is.

Nothing personal, but find it pretty distasteful that we got the ugly one.

Reaction Score
her blogs aren't worth much, but to be fair neither are any of the other ESPN bloggers so i dont' know that we need to take it personally.

Reaction Score
her blogs aren't worth much, but to be fair neither are any of the other ESPN bloggers so i dont' know that we need to take it personally.

I don't know, the Big 10 blog is kept up pretty well. And as far as other sports go, I think the NFL blogs and the ESPN New York blogs are awesome. I guess that could be because I dont read a message board for my pro teams though.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Nothing personal, but I find it pretty distasteful that it's not possible to discuss a female sports journalist without relating her worth to how pretty she is.

I agree with you, but...

Let me put it this way.... if she was any good at her job... no one would give to about how she looks.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but...

Let me put it this way.... if she was any good at her job... no one would give to ****s about how she looks.

You really think so? Nothing about females in sports journalism has led me to believe this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You really think so? Nothing about females in sports journalism has led me to believe this.

John Madden is possibly the ugliest man on the planet, yet is one of the best color commentary guys in football. Has he ever shown up in the studio? Other than Jim Brown, who is an ugly dude, the Fox NFL studio crew is filled with pretty boy ex-jocks like Howie Long and Deion Sanders. Kirk Herbstreit is an idiot, and he got that gig at like 24 and has held it for over 10 years. Rocket Ismael is marginally better than Herbstreit, but are you really telling me these are the two smartest guys they can find for Gameday Live?

While I agree that looks matter more for a female sports journalist than a male one, it isn't like they put a bunch of ugly dudes on camera either.

Even in newscasting this holds true. All the women on Fox and MSNBC are very to fairly attractive, and even Maddow is a little butchy but not ugly. You have to give CNN props for putting Candy Crowley, who must weigh 250, and Christian Amanpour, who scares small children, in front of the camera. They are absolutely the best in the business at what they do, but the fact they are on camera at all is a credit to CNN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have to give CNN props for putting... Christian Amanpour, who scares small children, in front of the camera.
Harsh, funny, but harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer