Did UMass really hold our offense to 13 pts for 3 quarters? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Did UMass really hold our offense to 13 pts for 3 quarters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First taste of BCS competion for Whitmer. Did he make mistakes......yes. Will he improve as the season progresses.......YES!!!!

I don't know how much PP was playing with the OL.......but he has to determine what MAY work best......the time for him to experiment was last night.......with all positions as required to get a feel for his team outside of practice situations.

The wildcat is a waste. Why not say we have 3 downs to make 10 yards. McCummings may be an exceptional athlete......so find a position where his abilities and skills are more productive. We might as well hand the opposing team our play book.....most of the time it will be a running play.

Remember Orlovsky.....Keron Henry experiment (00-04?). Keron was not very good at the QB position.....but he became a decent receiver for Dan O.!

Reaction Score
It's more than fair to observe the fact that we failed to dominate the line of scrimmage against essentially a 1-AA defensive line. It's more than fair to observe that Whitmer made a few puzzling decisions and a few poor throws. It's more than fair to argue that the Wildcat was used too much.

It was a decent start. The defense looks like we thought it would. Special teams look solid. But there was a lot to not like about last night, and lots of room for improvement.

Absolutely. Offense is still not balanced. Need more throwing and the team seems to have two good receivers for the job - Smith and Davis. A team with a really good offense would have hanged 450 yards on UMass, easily. Oregon would have dropped 500 maybe 600 yards of total offense. Maybe we'll see improvements. If not, it is going to be a very long season on the Island of Misfit Toys again.

Reaction Score
I agree with the general sentiment. Hate the Wildcat

i didn't like the way we used it last night, but it was great at times last season. I'm hoping we kept it simple just to warm up McCummings (keep in mind he was hurt all last summer) and also to not tip our hand too much to NCState. it'll get better

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
i didn't like the way we used it last night, but it was great at times last season. I'm hoping we kept it simple just to warm up McCummings (keep in mind he was hurt all last summer) and also to not tip our hand too much to NCState. it'll get better
Having your 1st team offense in for most of the game vs a 1AA opponent while struggling to pass/run the ball also sends up a big red flag... Not to mention having to resort to trick plays and other gimmick plays to move the ball down the field against a 1AA team...

To the guy that said Oregon would have posted 600yds on UMass... yes they would have done so BUT they would have done so with the 3rd team in after the half...

Reaction Score
Having your 1st team offense in for most of the game vs a 1AA opponent while struggling to pass/run the ball also sends up a big red flag... Not to mention having to resort to trick plays and other gimmick plays to move the ball down the field against a 1AA team...

To the guy that said Oregon would have posted 600yds on UMass... yes they would have done so BUT they would have done so with the 3rd team in after the half...

Not to bug you with facts, but UMASS is in the MAC. Why are you here? I would think you would be worried on how to turn the tables on that superpower down in New Orleans that you're going to try to not lose to again.

Reaction Score
Having your 1st team offense in for most of the game vs a 1AA opponent while struggling to pass/run the ball also sends up a big red flag... Not to mention having to resort to trick plays and other gimmick plays to move the ball down the field against a 1AA team..

I guess the idea of using your 1AA game (against a MAC opponent mind you) to tune up some things on offense would seem foreign to a Rutgers fan, but you just keep staying classy as always
rutgers.jpg

Reaction Score

Pathetic trolling. If you're going to do it, at least do it right.

Reaction Score
I guess the idea of using your 1AA game (against a MAC opponent mind you) to tune up some things on offense would seem foreign to a Rutgers fan, but you just keep staying classy as always
rutgers.jpg

Be fair to RU. They've beefed up their OOC. This year they only have one FCS team on the schedule.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Be fair to RU. They've beefed up their OOC. This year they only have one FCS team on the schedule.
The only time we have ever had more then 1 FCS game on schedule was in 2009 when Navy canceled at the last minute... Ever since 2007 it's been 1 BCS OOC, 1 1aa, 1 academy, 1 academy/non-BCS ooc...

But I guess I should also include the other 1aa game played every year... this year it will be played in week 5 at our place...

BTW UMass is NOT a MAC team despite how many times you like to repeat it... This is their first year as an FBS, having played at the FCS level for decades... You were facing a team with FCS level talent and depth throughout the team... to think otherwise is delusional... UMass will likely be battling Akron for the MAC basement this year... You play like that vs Temple this year and you might actually lose... nevermind the rest of the Big East conference slate...

Reaction Score
The only time we have ever had more then 1 FCS game on schedule was in 2009 when Navy canceled at the last minute... Ever since 2007 it's been 1 BCS OOC, 1 1aa, 1 academy, 1 academy/non-BCS ooc...

But I guess I should also include the other 1aa game played every year... this year it will be played in week 5 at our place...

Good grief you're lame.

There. I've acknowledged your existence. Now go home.

Reaction Score
... You play like that vs Temple this year and you might actually lose... nevermind the rest of the Big East conference slate...

Hmmm Temple "only" won by 31 vs a true 1-AA team (Nova). So I guess they suck too. The way this guy is talking you might think Rutgers is Alabama or something.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i hope central connecticut ends up in the big east 2! with uri, bc, prov, vt and all the other losers. your last couple posts have been random at best. i know bball season is close so your providence fetish is heating up but please, leave alabama alone. that school has done nothing to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom