Did Uconn do enough to this off-season? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Did Uconn do enough to this off-season?

Reaction Score
IMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg

Reaction Score
Got to give us high off season marks
1. Held the coaching staff together
2. Got ALL our returning core players to return (Diarra, Ball, Stewart, Johnson, Ross, Singare)
3. Got a bruising Center to fill a need with a 2 yr window
4. Got an impact 5* shooter with size & winning pedigree
5. Got a seasoned ncaa experienced lead guard with a 2 yr window
6. Handled the Karaban NBA with such class that it has Alex back with love for the program & fire to run it back
7. Lost Roumoglou who I think had potential but handled that with equal class (poor kid was buried behind talent)
8. Kept freshman Nowell & Abraham committed in spite of quality additions to compete with for time
9. Reportedly had meeting with Diarra about his upcoming roll (which may have been prep to expect to still come off the bench)
10. Doing great prep work to have us involved with multiple 2025 5* & 4* players to keep the ball rolling
11. Being everyplace to capitalize on the publicity of repeat & three peat to build buzz about UConn in CBB
12. Evidently keeping us very competitive with NIL to have a deep squad that didn't seek competitive 'bids'
13. Supported all our NBA prospects to achieve their dreams

Pretty hard to do better. A+ in my book
For the record, my A+ is getting shaky and subject to revision. BUT, my gut says he stays. I think he values what the impact will be on everybody else, and that the payday from UConn is mega money in its own right. NBA can still be in his future.

Reaction Score
As pointed out, in a couple or few years he could ride the Knicks to a title and make himself a sports immortal.

pj

Reaction Score
For the record, my A+ is getting shaky and subject to revision. BUT, my gut says he stays. I think he values what the impact will be on everybody else, and that the payday from UConn is mega money in its own right. NBA can still be in his future.

Agree. If it's true that UConn is offering $10 million per year and the Lakers $15 million, how can LA be better for a northeast guy with the team he has here and the rebuilding job he has there?

I think he stays. He can wait for the Knicks (or Celtics or Nets) job to open up.

Reaction Score
Agree. If it's true that UConn is offering $10 million per year and the Lakers $15 million, how can LA be better for a northeast guy with the team he has here and the rebuilding job he has there?

I think he stays. He can wait for the Knicks (or Celtics or Nets) job to open up.
Its not about the money. The higher taxes and cost of living offset the difference. It’s about the challenge and his ego. I will be surprised if old parents and happy wife don’t win. He leaves in future for knicks or Celtics. Hopefully 7-10 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom