Did any of our verbals not formally commit? | The Boneyard

Did any of our verbals not formally commit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not too wrapped up in this but I'm curious if we lost anyone at the last minute that we thought was locked in. From the other direction, did we steal anybody who had verbal'd somewhere else?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
not so far to both

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
On Medics 2016 Recruiting thread, I see 20 verbals, but only 16 on the Signing Day Central page. Who are the PWOs? Or are they a bit slow on the Recruiting page?

Reaction Score
On Medics 2016 Recruiting thread, I see 20 verbals, but only 16 on the Signing Day Central page. Who are the PWOs? Or are they a bit slow on the Recruiting page?
PWOs don't have to sign a LOI they aren't scholarship. At least that's what I think in my brain thingy

Reaction Score

Any surprises out there? Guy we didn't know about?

No real surprises. Only "loss" was Lonsdorf but that was known last week.

16 + 3 PWO and Tre Bell transfer = 20. but now seeing we may be adding another PWO per Des (Tom King).

List here: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/2016-offer-commit-list-only.79253/

King not added yet.

Husky25

Reaction Score
PWOs don't have to sign a LOI they aren't scholarship. At least that's what I think in my brain thingy
I understand that. I just didn't know who among the Blue names are PWOs. I saw from another thread that the PWO commits in blue font are Donaldson, Allmendinger and Giaconia, and Tre Bell and according to Desmond Conner, Tim King, a 6-4, 335-pound nose tackle is coming in as a preferred walk-on, and will be an OL.

Reaction Score
I understand that. I just didn't know who among the Blue names are PWOs. I saw from another thread that the PWO commits in blue font are Donaldson, Allmendinger and Giaconia, and Tre Bell and according to Desmond Conner, Tim King, a 6-4, 335-pound nose tackle is coming in as a preferred walk-on, and will be an OL.

desmondconner 1:15pm via Twitter for iPhone
CORRECTION: Jack Giaconia, is the nose from Valley Regional headed to#UConnFootball as a preferred walk-on likely on OL my bad

He just got coach and player twisted.

Husky25

Reaction Score
desmondconner 1:15pm via Twitter for iPhone
CORRECTION: Jack Giaconia, is the nose from Valley Regional headed to#UConnFootball as a preferred walk-on likely on OL my bad

He just got coach and player twisted.
I saw it. Decided to let a sleeping dog lie. So it looks like 18 guys plus Levenberry (Bell sitting out). I plan on listening to the press conference but it is, by and large, on to 2017 in terms of recruiting for me.

Reaction Score
I saw it. Decided to let a sleeping dog lie. So it looks like 18 guys plus Levenberry (Bell sitting out). I plan on listening to the press conference but it is, by and large, on to 2017 in terms of recruiting for me.

If you include Levenberry - you need to include Billy Williams.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Andy Gresh on TIC said at least twice that we flipped a couple of Syracuse commits today. Is that even close to accurate?

Reaction Score
Andy Gresh on TIC said at least twice that we flipped a couple of Syracuse commits today. Is that even close to accurate?

Guess it depends on definition of flipped - but both Brouse and DeGeorge were at one time Cuse commits before coaching change.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I don't think he meant we "flipped" them today. Cam DeGeorge was a Syracuse verbal but swapped to us a while ago.

Reaction Score
Slightly OT - just tried to read Des' story. OMG- spelling errors, missing words, unintelligible points ... How can this guy have a job as a writer?

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-signing-day-0204-20160203-story.html

"The technically have two more additions to the class in linebacker E.J. Levenberry and tight end...."

""Four of the top 10 players in Connecticut are now Huskies," coach Bob Diaco said at Rentschlker Field, where he was discussing the class.." Hmmm new name.

"Nine of the players are considered athletes or play on the offensive side of the ball..." Hmmm, the rest may shocked they are non-athletes.

Reaction Score
BlueDogs. ... consider yourself blocked by Des on Twitter. .....

Reaction Score
As an aside, the freaking comments on the courant stories about UCONN are BRUTAL. What a bunch of uninformed jacka$$es

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom