Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably not that relevant, but thought it was worth mentioning that Arike Ogunbowale, a highly regarded women's hoops prospect, Stone's close cousin and brother of of UW third-string running back Dare Ogunbowale, just committed to Notre Dame to play basketball. Wisconsin was in her final group.

I continue to believe that you guys will get him. I think his dad probably wants him to go to Wisconsin, but I think Stone wants to go to UConn.

No matter who gets him best of luck this year. Real nice team and expectations are high but Bo will have them chomping at the bit to win it all after last year.

And if you get Diamond, congrats - rather it be you if not US!

Reaction Score
"this bad" how would you even know how badly he wants him? off appearances ( ie twitter) and assumptions? please, KO wants every recruit BAD. thats the way it should be seen. probably stone more than others, and when adams was on the market. No way in hell does Mack deserve this kind of crazy hype like he's a burger boy.

btw napier got very little hype on here (scout), a lot of skepticism. understandably it was a different era in social media.
I think most people are high on Mack because, by all accounts, he is a pure shooter, which many of us think is more of a need than a slash and drive type wing. I don't think most people expect him to be an All-American type coming out of high school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't really know where to put this but...
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
@MattEhalt they may be getting stone and Newman!!!!

How accurate is this?
Braziller always gives that guy a hard time about UConn and recruiting because he's a Cuse guy and said something along the lines of Ollie not being able to recruit when he was hired. Any time UConn lands a recruit, Braziller makes sure this guy knows about it haha.

But we're out of it for Newman. Had an in home scheduled with him and it was cancelled a while back, and he's never visited nor has he made any plans to visit.

Reaction Score
Case in point, here's what he said about Briscoe possibly cutting to St. John's, Kentucky an Missouri that lead to that Stone and Newman reply:

@MattEhalt: @NYPost_Brazille And you tell me not to worry about UConn' s recruiting....

Reaction Score
Newman had a Q and A last night on Twitter. Someone asked him if he was "seriously interested" in UCONN. He said yes. Too lazy to look for the link.

pj

Reaction Score
Newman isn't deciding until next May and will have to decide between pros and college as well as among colleges. If Stone comes here, Newman definitely gets interested in UConn. If Mack doesn't come here, or someone leaves early, we'll have a scholarship.

Reaction Score
I'll be honest I am not the most twitter savvy but I just went and checked both of their pages and do not see that tweet any time in the recent past. How old is that tweet?

I think you'd only see it if you were following both of them? I'm pretty mediocre at this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Newman isn't deciding until next May and will have to decide between pros and college as well as among colleges. If Stone comes here, Newman definitely gets interested in UConn. If Mack doesn't come here, or someone leaves early, we'll have a scholarship.

Newman is not coming to UConn, nor will he be playing overseas.

He'll commit to the SEC - I suspect Kentucky which is one of the reasons they're keeping Briscoe at an arm's length.

pj

Reaction Score
Newman is not coming to UConn, nor will he be playing overseas.

He'll commit to the SEC - I suspect Kentucky which is one of the reasons they're keeping Briscoe at an arm's length.

I agree that Kentucky leads and knows it. For us, Newman is a longshot. But if we get Stone, and after we beat Kentucky again for our fifth title, I have to believe he'll have interest. Remember he doesn't decide until May and the tourney will be a clear indicator of who prepares guys best for the pros.

Reaction Score
only recruits that matter are ones that report for day 1 practice with the correct uni on

expand horizons and read a classic or invent a new hobby for self

recruits are transparent

if a guy is humble with skills and work ethic & coachability and is not afraid of playing signif d and is not a mommys dude: then there is potential for huskyville and vice versa

you can profile these guys miles away, they are students of game, gym rats with big hoop iq and good genl iq who wish to embrace clg experiential and dev on maslow ranking scales

the rest are just messin with ya because reality is they enjoy teasing cat 5 dudes on bell curve

hit the rd jackson to dev your game

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
only recruits that matter are ones that report for day 1 practice with the correct uni on

expand horizons and read a classic or invent a new hobby for self

recruits are transparent

if a guy is humble with skills and work ethic & coachability and is not afraid of playing signif d and is not a mommys dude: then there is potential for huskyville and vice versa

you can profile these guys miles away, they are students of game, gym rats with big hoop iq and good genl iq who wish to embrace clg experiential and dev on maslow ranking scales

the rest are just messin with ya because reality is they enjoy teasing cat 5 dudes on bell curve

hit the rd jackson to dev your game

The Chap'er speaks of guys like Lyman, Rob Sell., Rudy J, C.But., Taliek, Adrien, Giffey and of course, KO and Ricky Moore...

Connecticut's Superglue....

I like.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Wisconsin 247 mod says this is a ncaa violations. I think he is wrong. Borges not quoting or talking with a unsigned recruit but a player who is discussing a recruit. He said no go...

It's not a violation.

Borges reporting on a conversation is not a violation and Nolan speaking to Stone is not a violation.

Reaction Score
It's not a violation.

Borges reporting on a conversation is not a violation and Nolan speaking to Stone is not a violation.

I agree with both ur point s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69