Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 74 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why? If we're dead with him, as you say, why? Just so we can have another bitch session about how we had him locked and lost him? I really don't get the fascination with simultaneously telling us that your sources say we have no chance, yet continuing to obsessively monitor his press and season.

Let. The. Thread. Die.

First off there is no BY rule you have to click and read every thread. Simple concept. 2nd never say never with recruiting until they sign (that is the fun of it) . 3rd I try to add some ounce of content or info on crap threads like this.

Could we land stone sure could he sign with Wisconsin or Maryland sure... if the rollercoaster is to much then get off (that was a joke, sarcasm off)

Reaction Score
Did I head write Stones farher and Bo are in a 40 year relationship? Is this all a sat,act grades issue and Wisconsin is the first choice?

Reaction Score
Did I head write Stones farher and Bo are in a 40 year relationship? Is this all a sat,act grades issue and Wisconsin is the first choice?

Yes yes not sure

Reaction Score
Someone posted one of his games. Watched it. Felt Enoch is similar to KF currently. More developed on the offensive end then the defensive end. Had a tendency in this game to not motor and rode the pine because of it. Went back in and was high octane. Kid is developing. Same as Kentan. Both have the tools but both lack experience because they only recently started playing bb. People expecting him to come in and transform the position probably have it wrong.

However he can play the five which I don't feel KF could do as well. And that allows KO to employ a lineup of PN and AB more frequently given the additional five fouls Enoch could provide.
Well he does have a better frame than KF also so definitely won't get pushed around as much either. KF definitely gets pushed around by bigger players. He is rated higher than KF was in the top 100. If he can give us anything next year that will be a plus.

Reaction Score
We will need something from Nolan, Lubin or Enoch next year no doubt. Not sure how much improvement we can expect from Kentan although one can hope it's dramatic.
I really had high hopes for KF this year. Parts of him seem to have regressed. OK rebounder, and an occasional dunk, but I was hoping for more blocks. He was actually moving away from a a guy driving uncontested for a layup. WTF? These guys need a lot of seasoning. High school is almost too late to start playing. Court awareness is poor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really had high hopes for KF this year. Parts of him seem to have regressed. OK rebounder, and an occasional dunk, but I was hoping for more blocks. He was actually moving away from a a guy driving uncontested for a layup. WTF? These guys need a lot of seasoning. High school is almost too late to start playing. Court awareness is poor.
he barely gets any time and doesnt get the ball enough to talk about his offensive game... in two years he's probably played a total of 10-15 total games, if that

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Granted, Stone is likely to land elsewhere, but with the way Hamilton and Adams can pass, he would feast.
im looking forward to that next year... the players just need to finish when they get the ball...i feel/hope that this team is going to play fast like ollie envisioned when he got here

Reaction Score
he barely gets any time and doesnt get the ball enough to talk about his offensive game... in two years he's probably played a total of 10-15 total games, if that

?????

Facey has played in every game this year and is averaging 23 mpg.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
?????

doesnt seem it, especially when hamilton is playing at the four... i would like to see them design more plays for him on the block than brimah at this point

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well he does have a better frame than KF also so definitely won't get pushed around as much either. KF definitely gets pushed around by bigger players. He is rated higher than KF was in the top 100. If he can give us anything next year that will be a plus.
Ratings have pitfalls so even though I don't dismiss them I don't categorically accept them. Enoch plays the five now for his team and the coaches are grooming him as a back to the basket player. But his instincts are as a stretch four. KO will be able to play him as both a 4 and 5. Enoch's contributions next season will depend on how quickly he can integrate the flow of the game vs. having to consciously process what he learns in practice.

For all the things AB has to still learn he has been quick to absorb some things. Hopefully he can integrate others and be a well rounded player. KF has taken a step back because, at least so far, he hasn't integrated any of the coaching recommendations into the flow of the game. The game is still too fast for him.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
?????

But recently his playing time has been reduced. KO is starting PN against teams with bigger front lines and DHam against smaller teams.

Reaction Score
doesnt seem it, especially when hamilton is playing at the four... i would like to see them design more plays for him on the block than brimah at this point

Why don't you ask the NCAA to keep different statistics. Maybe you would argue better if, instead of minutes per game, they kept track of how many minutes per game it feels like they are playing.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Why don't you ask the NCAA to keep different statistics. Maybe you would argue better if, instead of minutes per game, they kept track of how many minutes per game it feels like they are playing.
Last seven games:

ECU 18 minutes
Tulane 13 minutes
Tulsa 10 minutes
SMU 22 minutes
Memphis 18 minutes
Tulane 12 minutes
East Carolina 13 minutes

Definitely he has played less than his seasons average recently. Only came close in the SMU game in which there was a blowout and KO was desperately trying anything. Swag is correct about his impression.

Reaction Score
Last seven games:

ECU 18 minutes
Tulane 13 minutes
Tulsa 10 minutes
SMU 22 minutes
Memphis 18 minutes
Tulane 12 minutes
East Carolina 13 minutes

Definitely he has played less than his seasons average recently. Only came close in the SMU game in which there was a blowout and KO was desperately trying anything. Swag is correct about his impression.

No, he is getting less minuts. Because he averaged more than 23 for most of the season and, in KO's opinion (which is certainly reasonable whether you agree with it or not) did nothing to deserve it.

By the way, if you need me to explain what an "average" is let me know.

Reaction Score
It was definitely silly to suggest that "in two years he's probably played a total of 10-15 total games, if that".

Maybe if you watch games out of the corner of your eye with the volume off, you could be forgiven for being that far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom