Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the concerns I would have if Geno did decide to go after or accept a transfer from Diamond is how it might affect those girls who are soon to be coming in or those still contemplating UConn. It might make a few of the new girls feel betrayed because Diamond might walk into a position that they themselves were vying for. I wouldn't like it too much if I were someone who signed with UConn in good faith with a legitimate shot for playing time that might be taken away by a Johnny come lately who originally walked away from an opportunity to play for Geno.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Andy's best days are behind him.
He had some? ;)

This seemingly knowledgable and prophetic blogger on the GA site that accurately predicted the DD news, also stated that DD was open to Lander's pitch. Sorta came away with the impression she was his to lose...probably means she's headed to TN! :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
When you transfer, don't you have to sit out a year? So, she will have two years left whereever she goes, won't she?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When you transfer, don't you have to sit out a year? So, she will have two years left whereever she goes, won't she?

She'll have three years of eligibility left. But yes, she will have to sit out a year before she gets those three. You don't burn a year sitting on the bench.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Two years staying in the ACC or one year if transferring to another conference like the SEC.

Reaction Score
She wouldn't have to sit out two years if she transfers to another ACC school. Have no idea how any of you came up with that idea.

The year she would have to sit out would count towards her eligibility, however.

Reaction Score
No more crazy than any other speculation out there but... Would DD have transferred if A'ja HAD committed to UNC?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Apparently down the road in Chapel Hill

diamonds_arent_forever_by_ctd_official-d31bwd1.png

:D

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Two knee injuries before reaching college is a lot to recover from. I hope she can be, but that certainly puts a question mark next to her name. But as it currently stands, UCONN does not have a top 10 commit from 2013, 2014 or 2015. That is not to say that one or more of the players may not perform at a much higher level than their ranking, like Davis did for Baylor this year.

ETT, you seem concerned about Uconn's recruiting. I appreciate it even of I am misreading your sincerity.

These 4 players are excellent. Ekmark is maybe the best shooter in her class. I'm sure you have read all about Nurse since you are a regular here. You like to use Davis. We like to use Faris and Dolson.

The main thing to remember is next year these four players will be playing with Stewart, KML, Jefferson, Stokes, Chong, Banks and Tuck. Not a lot of pressure. Geno will get them ready for the NCAA tourney.

The following year, they still have Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck and Chong along with the four now sophomores.

Looks like two championship caliber rosters to me.

Uconn is in play with some terrific talent in the 2015 class. Maybe we can wait until the 2015 class starts committing in earnest before we worry.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Word on the street in Columbia is that she is transferring to Tennessee or South Carolina.
If you're getting word on the street, look out for the traffic! :)

Seriously, thanks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No more crazy than any other speculation out there but... Would DD have transferred if A'ja HAD committed to UNC?
Perhaps the most interesting question of the day. I think it depends on Diamond's reason for wanting to leave. Maybe both she and A'ja were concerned about possible sanctions at UNC.

Reaction Score
\
Perhaps the most interesting question of the day. I think it depends on Diamond's reason for wanting to leave. Maybe both she and A'ja were concerned about possible sanctions at UNC.

I think Wilson seriously considered one school and one school only at that was USC.

Reaction Score
With tight situations at most positions, but five 2s, I don't think UConn will run out to chase after yet another 2.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Or did she truly not know where Wilson was going to go? If Wilson chose NC would Diamond have stayed? You're right the timing is very interesting.

Timing at least in part would seem to relate to going to the team year ending banquet last night, collecting any team awards for the resume!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
HuskyNan said:
It's Tennessee, people. Multiple sources.

I saw somewhere it might be [another] package deal , with Cooper and possibly Durr. Have you seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom