Diamond Deshields to UNC | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields to UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
nah just saying how its even crazier the UNC-BUNCH did it on the SAME day

well, if those kids wanted a splash of attention they certainly got one. One has to wonder....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We know that the recruits called in their verbals. We have heard nothing from UNC about any acceptance of these verbals.
Can the school comment until the LOI is received?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
well, if those kids wanted a splash of attention they certainly got one. One has to wonder....
They watched LeBron 2 years ago. I think that is exactly what they were looking to do.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Correction, RoyDodger. Xylina was dithering and Geno made her mind up for her. Easily understood, coming on the heels of the Samarie Walker debacle.

Whether Geno forced her into it or not, she chose UNC.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
They watched LeBron 2 years ago. I think that is exactly what they were looking to do.
Yep. Diamond even tweeted a pic of her and said "Takin my talents to Chapel Hill" or something like that.

Ashamed I looked at a 17 year old's Twitter, but here we are.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I disagree... they didnt call a press conference or wait til the deadline.

Reaction Score
I bet Dawn Staley will gladly talk to her if she wants to stay in SC. Something tells me she is not going to be left out in the cold wishing that some university will get her a scholarship.

That's certainly possible. Her PG teammate for the last 3 years, Khadijah Sessions, has signed with SC for the fall. This must be pretty disappointing for Brown though. She was a long-time UNC commit. She committed to UNC before her freshman year of high school and is now entering her senior season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Whether Geno forced her into it or not, she chose UNC.
Roy, she did not choose UNC over UCONN since Geno had removed UCONN as an option. her choice of UNC had nothing to do with UCONN.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Can the school comment until the LOI is received?

There are folks with more knowledge than I of the actual recruiting rules who can answer that with some authority...guys?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There are folks with more knowledge than I of the actual recruiting rules who can answer that with some authority...guys?
No, the school cannot comment until the girls sign their LOIs. People need to understand that oral commitments are not official - they don't bind either party. It's simply an announcement. Therefore, they are unregulated by the NCAA or the Clearinghouse and have no effect on other NCAA rules, such as commenting on recruits.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No, the school cannot comment until the girls sign their LOIs. People need to understand that oral commitments are not official - they don't bind either party. It's simply an announcement. Therefore, they are unregulated by the NCAA or the Clearinghouse and have no effect on other NCAA rules, such as commenting on recruits.

thank you

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Roy, she did not choose UNC over UCONN since Geno had removed UCONN as an option. her choice of UNC had nothing to do with UCONN.

Icebear, it's a little late, but I want to point out that I didn't say or imply what you're saying. I simply said the following:

By the way, has anyone noted that this will be the second recruiting class in a row in which a major UConn recruit chose UNC? Xylina McDaniel, as you may recall, will be starting there in the fall.

Xylina McDaniel was a major recruit of UConn (she certainly was discussed extensively on this board in that role) and she did choose UNC. Simple, declarative statements. No implications intended.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure if its been posted or not...... but its amusing that Deshields plays for the Blue Devils in high school, and will be playing for the Tar Heels in college.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure if its been posted or not...... but its amusing that Deshields plays for the Blue Devils in high school, and will be playing for the Tar Heels in college.

And she has practically been "tarred and feathered."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This thread is still alive??!?

It's about to run up against the one-week rule, or the sell-by date....or something like that ...:p

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Icebear, it's a little late, but I want to point out that I didn't say or imply what you're saying. I simply said the following:

Xylina McDaniel was a major recruit of UConn (she certainly was discussed extensively on this board in that role) and she did choose UNC. Simple, declarative statements. No implications intended.
My point was simply that X was no longer a UConn recruit. She was a former UConn recruit.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My point was simply that X was no longer a UConn recruit. She was a former UConn recruit.

Yet she would have been a Husky had she committed when originally offered. Had she verballed when offered would that have meant that Geno had offered to a player who was not a good fit for the UCONN program?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And, somehow, "I Got You, Babe" seems to be pretty apt!
I think the Sony Digimatic is about to flip to midnight on this one....

1969_Clock_radio.png

If something new come up on this topic feel free to start a new thread.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom