Diaco: QB Job Up For Grabs Between Shirreffs, Anderson; UConn 4th In AAC East Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco: QB Job Up For Grabs Between Shirreffs, Anderson; UConn 4th In AAC East Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
let's be honest for a second here...do any of us on here that follow this team think that Bryant Sherrifs actually played well enough last yer to leave without a reasonable doubt that he was far and away the clear cut starter? I thought that Bryant's performance at the position was one we had not seen in a long time...but I also thought there was a LOT of room for improvement. It's not like this offense racked up 30 plus points per game. It will be interesting to see how he performs in camp. To see of he makes the same mistakes he made last season or if he has grown and progressed to the next level.

Yes. I do. When you look at his numbers and put them in the context of our OL play, I think he -- if healthy -- is a clear #1 who is unlikely to be challenged. And the comment that he needs to take care of the ball -- he did that last year. AGain, I don't put stock in what coaches say, but I just found that statement either puzzling or scary.

Reaction Score
Yes. I do. When you look at his numbers and put them in the context of our OL play, I think he -- if healthy -- is a clear #1 who is unlikely to be challenged. And the comment that he needs to take care of the ball -- he did that last year. AGain, I don't put stock in what coaches say, but I just found that statement either puzzling or scary.

Totally agree. GA was a third string qb last year and shirreffs was more than decent. I think it's just hot air.

Reaction Score
Whoops. Accidentally posted on my gfs account. This is UConn phil

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Am I crazy? Camp just opened and I expect every position to be up for grabs. Nothing to see here as far as I'm concerned.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Whoops. Accidentally posted on my gfs account. This is UConn phil

No harm, no foul. But if we start hearing you're posting on her Pinterest account by mistake then we might have to consider some sort of punishment.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Me too. Got my parking pass today.

Holy crap. I just realized I didn't get my parking passes with my tickets today. They always come the same day, right?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Holy crap. I just realized I didn't get my parking passes with my tickets today. They always come the same day, right?
I'm short parking as well. Going to find my invoice now!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm short parking as well. Going to find my invoice now!

I booked mine online and that website couldn't be more difficult to navigate so I'm surprised I got the actual tickets. They called me in June telling me I didn't pay my seat donation. I renewed my tickets in February, donations included and had to send them my email confirmation to prove it. They had no clue.

Edit: just realized I took this thread off course a bit. Back to the QB competition talk!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thought Anderson looked capable, except for the interception, in the Spring Game. Very sharp actually.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BS is the best QB on the roster. He's serviceable to good, seems like a great kid and very competitive. That said, we need depth and it appears that Davis is not there yet. So, Diaco is getting Anderson ready and putting some competitive heat on BS. Makes perfect sense.

I assume Anderson is an athletic kid as well and I wonder if we don't see him in spots to run which might also preserve BS a bit. Just speculation.

I suspect UCONN is in the market for a QB transfer or JUCO. I just don't see the depth we need unless Davis and Williams or one of walk-ons really start coming on.

I took the comment as being more about Davis than Shireff.

Diaco hasn't even mentioned Davis. This isn't an end of the world scenario. He's RS Frosh. But, I do believe it was a "Get your act together and start performing at a higher level" comment by not mentioning Davis at all in the QB competition.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
I booked mine online and that website couldn't be more difficult to navigate so I'm surprised I got the actual tickets.

This! After renewing my ST online I had to make a separate call to add in a parking pass. The optimist in me always hopes that the ticket renewal gets easier the following year but I am always disappointed with the online experience. I was relieved when I opened my package yesterday to find the correct tix and pass.

Reaction Score
Thought Anderson looked capable, except for the interception, in the Spring Game. Very sharp actually.
I thought the exact same thing about Davis. One really rotten throw.

Reaction Score
Ok, so what about that statement that Jazz Clax made about Diaco? Is Clax like transfering to Notre Dame or something?
I see that entire post got the ol' "bump" ... I was wondering what that was about too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom