Diaco livid post-game | The Boneyard

Diaco livid post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone here Diaco's post-game interview with Joe D after the game?

I was expecting a calm response, well we shot ourselves in the foot, it's too bad we played well enough to stay in the game in a tough environment yada yada

But what I got was Diaco being pretty enraged at how dumb his team was for a couple of minutes...without naming names he was talking about the Adams kick and the Sherrif pick at the 20 to Ed Too Tall Jones.

Does TIC post the interviews online because honestly you guys have to hear it. Breathtaking. He cut Joe D off after 2 or 3 questions and just walked away. I've never heard that side of Bob Diaco before. Not much uplifting stuff that you're used to.

Reaction Score

I was expecting a calm response, well we shot ourselves in the foot, it's too bad we played well enough to stay in the game in a tough environment yada yada

But what I got was Diaco being pretty enraged at how dumb his team was for a couple of minutes...without naming names he was talking about the Adams kick and the Sherrif pick at the 20 to Ed Too Tall Jones.

Does TIC post the interviews online because honestly you guys have to hear it. Breathtaking. He cut Joe D off after 2 or 3 questions and just walked away. I've never heard that side of Bob Diaco before. Not much uplifting stuff that you're used to.

Honestly, he should be pissed. They beat themselves tonight. They were right there for three quarters and then mental mistakes cost them the game. It didn't help that BYU throws to a bunch of Groots out there but still...

Reaction Score

Good for him. Absolutely appropriate to be critical of those to plays. #22 let the entire team down. And, #4 has to remember that his offense doesn't score enough even with gret field position for him to saddle them with stupid plays.

Reaction Score
The Viking said:
Anyone here Diaco's post-game interview with Joe D after the game? I was expecting a calm response, well we shot ourselves in the foot, it's too bad we played well enough to stay in the game in a tough environment yada yada But what I got was Diaco being pretty enraged at how dumb his team was for a couple of minutes...without naming names he was talking about the Adams kick and the Sherrif pick at the 20 to Ed Too Tall Jones. Does TIC post the interviews online because honestly you guys have to hear it. Breathtaking. He cut Joe D off after 2 or 3 questions and just walked away. I've never heard that side of Bob Diaco before. Not much uplifting stuff that you're used to.
I'd like to see some fire under their butts. I agree the Adams play cost us a chance at the game. Hopefully this is a sign that there will be consequences for dumb stuff. Whether or not the yard thinks it was a silly call. Throw a ball into the stands? 15 yards. Period. I can't image one anyone doing it again.

Reaction Score

Good, we need to break our losing ways.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Good. When people get sick and tired of being sick and tired, they make changes.

Reaction Score
Near the end of the game I noticed the look Diaco had on the sideline and commented that I thought this performance will give him an opportunity to rip the team to get their attention. After preaching peace and love and the positive culture of success he now can be the brutal dictator for a week. Expect some player personnel changes and don't think that tirade wasn't meant for his coordinators to hear also. The play calling was putrid on O and the schemes on D that garnered nothing from the Michigan game, were highly suspect.

Reaction Score

I heard it. It was unbelievable. As I recall it went something like this:
Joe D.: "Well coach, once again the team battled hard but they came up short.
Diaco: "Oh come on, don't give me that crap! Once again we threw away a very winnable football game because of two minutes of inexplicable football - once again! We can not continue to make these kinds of mistakes. They are costing us very winnable football games! During the onside kick the ball was just out there flopping around. We knew it would work but none of our guys expended any effort to go after it."
Joe D: "Coach, mental mistake by Andrew Adams cost your team."
Diaco: "It was beyond stupid."
Joe D: "Noticed that you were talking to the refs after that. What were you saying to them?"
Diaco: "They were telling me what happened. Like I said, it was beyond stupid."
Joe D: "Coach, your QB Bryant Sheriffs, was under a lot of pressure all game. He took a lot of shots but he kept getting back up & battling."
Diaco: "Oh I don't know, I'll have look at the tape."

Joe D. seemed to me to be shaken by Diaco's demeanor. He couldn't conclude the interview fast enough. Casey Cochran noted afterwards that he had never seen Diaco so angry, or least show that level of anger to the press. Diaco believes it was a game they should have won. I have to agree with him.

I watched the game on TV with the sound down & listened to the radio broadcast. Joe D. is a terrible play by play guy for football. They need to get someone else. Joe D. should stick to calling basketball games. He really sucks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, some of you were willing and able to stay up for the post-game at that hour, after that loss? Kudos to you and thanks for tranacribing HCBD's comments.
No problem. I probably didn't capture every quote but that's the gist of it. Joe D. was acting a bit weird. He kept talking about everyone having to get out of Dodge. Is Orsillo available yet? He has some time before he begins his new gig out in SD (just kidding).

Reaction Score
Diaco has a right to be angry. There were a lot mistakes on the field last night including whiffing on blocks, a terrible pass by our quarterback, failing to recovery a real good onside kick attempt, and of course one of the worst mental errors I have ever seen committed by one of our captains. A little less love and a little more anger may be what this team needs. The 15 yard back breaking penalties need to end.

Reaction Score
Did he throw verducci under the bus for ridiculous play calling and for causing us to continue to burn time outs unnecessarily because we can't get a dad gum play in from the sidelines?
I don't recall him throwing the offense under the bus but he would have been justified if he did. The offense seemed totally unprepared for their defensive schemes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BD looked like he was sporting a 10 pm shadow. Maybe it was evil BD or someone fed him after midnight. We had no business being within 20 let alone leading in the third quarter. There were so many things wrong. It started with the protection and the off coverage. Williams got abused all night and Stewart went back to zone covering no one in particular. But the game turned on the obvious on side kick attempt. You could see Tarbutt scanning the front line of BYU looking for a target spot tipping the play. BYU botched the hands play. Nearly all of our success was a direct result of BYU mistakes.

The three things that did look good were the inside run defense, the deep coverage (non-williams division), and Newsome. Sherriffs may be getting close to Whitmer level PTSD. It looks like it is affecting his play and decision making. I don't think he has any idea how much time he is going to have.

Homework for the week is to figure out a counter play for the blitz.

Reaction Score
Couldn't disagree more about Williams. I thought he had a pretty good game. Unless you think it's his fault that we were in a zone.

Reaction Score
I don't recall him throwing the offense under the bus but he would have been justified if he did. The offense seemed totally unprepared for their defensive schemes.
....and the defensive secondary seemed totally unprepared as well.........

Reaction Score
I'm glad he's angry but at this point of his UConn career, he hasn't done anything that Pasqualoni didn't accomplish in the same seat.

Reaction Score
Wow.

What color is the sky in your world?
What is NOT true about that statement?

P never had a 2-10 year. His teams could have beaten Nova and Army. DB is 4-13 as UConn coach. Take away the talk. You are what your record says you are.

I hope Diaco is the next Lombardi. I'm glad he's mad. But after 2-10 he has a LOT to prove. Prove it. Show me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Happy to hear coach mad. I want a mad team down in Florida next week. Almost as if he's throwing down the ol Bill Parcells gauntlet- "when are you guys going to get tired of losing?"

Reaction Score
What is NOT true about that statement?

P never had a 2-10 year. His teams could have beaten Nova and Army. DB is 4-13 as UConn coach. Take away the talk. You are what your record says you are.

I hope Diaco is the next Lombardi. I'm glad he's mad. But after 2-10 he has a LOT to prove. Prove it. Show me.
how many times did PP win two games in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom