Diaco in NYC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man, they couldn't have picked a worse location for the Boston event. Out of the city on the way end of a T line, annoying as all crap to drive to after work - blugh. There's only about 5,000 easily accessible by train and/or car bars/restaurants in and around Boston that would be infinitely better than out at Alewife.

Reaction Score
Talked with him for a few minutes last night in Hartford. Diaco was great, took the time to talk to everyone . He oozed confidence and pride regarding how they are building the program, the type of kids they are bringing in.....he's a great listen if you've never had the chance.

I'll give him credit, I couldn't talk to 100 strangers without a drink in my hand, don't know how he does it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Diaco couldn't have been more personable or engaging to everyone that showed up. Actually took the time to answer questions and took pictures with everyone.

I think he truly gets it as it pertains to fan/alumni engagement and this was cool to have in NYC.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The Boston event is at: Jasper White’s Summer Shack (Cambridge) (149 Alewife Brook Parkway) on Thursday, June 16.

Any Yarders heading to the event?

I will be there. 5 min walk from my apartment. Very excited

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Man, they couldn't have picked a worse location for the Boston event. Out of the city on the way end of a T line, annoying as all crap to drive to after work - blugh. There's only about 5,000 easily accessible by train and/or car bars/restaurants in and around Boston that would be infinitely better than out at Alewife.

Location works for me but I realize it's prob not the easiest for most. Traffic gets really bad over there between 5-7 so plan accordingly. I have been wondering if the event is actually supposed to be at the back bay location and they just have the wrong address listed

Reaction Score
UConnFootballMay 18, 10:41pm via Twitter for Android
A great night at @VanDiemens_nyc on Wednesday as the Coach Diaco Road Tour came to New York City#UConn6thBorough
plug.jpg

Reaction Score
Love the plum suit! I'm thinking about adopting his fashion sense, but I don't think I could pull it off.

Reaction Score
I subtly asked him who he's looking forward to playing the most in the near future: Oklahoma or Texas. I don't think he quite understood where I was going with my question because he looked baffled by it lol, but he answered Oklahoma anyways. He also mentioned he'd love to get ND on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I'll give him credit, I couldn't talk to 100 strangers without a drink in my hand, don't know how he does it.
No surprise, undersized, ex-B1G conference LBs may not lack in confidence. For example, plum, seriously is that the color (?), sports jacket. Great tour idea; well played UConn!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Anyone hitting this one in Branford? I'm contemplating it but don't want to be the loser by himself. First drink is on me.
Man, wish I could be there. My hometown. And we kept our boat right in front of the Dockside Grill on C dock at Bruce & Johnson's Marina for many years. What a great location for this event, right on the harbor, especially if the weather is nice. This is killing me, but I think I've recruited one or two local alums and a few mutual friends to attend in my absence.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I will be there. 5 min walk from my apartment. Very excited
Lucky you, I'm south shore and as someone else noted it's going to be a horror show to get there. But I've got the okay from the wife so gonna make this happen, traffic be damned.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Lucky you, I'm south shore and as someone else noted it's going to be a horror show to get there. But I've got the okay from the wife so gonna make this happen, traffic be damned.

Yea the alewife area traffic is terrible between 5-7 so plan accordingly. Look for the guy that looks like my avi and that's me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you're in the area take a half day at work and hit the joint early. It isn't that complicated.

Reaction Score
I subtly asked him who he's looking forward to playing the most in the near future: Oklahoma or Texas. I don't think he quite understood where I was going with my question because he looked baffled by it lol, but he answered Oklahoma anyways. He also mentioned he'd love to get ND on the schedule.
Wasn't Kelly or someone at ND quoted as saying they tried to play a game at some point with an ND coach who gets a gig elsewhere? Maybe it was the AD - can't recall exactly who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom