Dez, UConn Spring Football Practice 12 News And Notes | The Boneyard

Dez, UConn Spring Football Practice 12 News And Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chip's blog

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

• Shamar Stephen is huge. At one point while on the sidelines, he walked in front of myself and Joe D'Ambrosio of WTIC and completely obstructed the field from us. I had to slide a few feet to the left. But at least we may have a nickname for him: Eclipse.

Reaction Score
From Dez' blog:

"As Pasqualoni mentioned Berlin’s Max DeLorenzo showed his stuff today – again. He’s been showing the last week and change bowling people over and showing his stuff on the outside. If he keeps running the way he’s been running, like Joe Williams, it’s hard to see how he doesn’t get carries this year, may not be a ton but Max DeLorenzo can and will break on you. Sio Moore was calling him Mike Alstott throughout the day. “We can’t stop Mike Alstott out there?’"

Sounds like a kid who is scared of contact.

Reaction Score
Chip's blog

• Shamar Stephen is huge. At one point while on the sidelines, he walked in front of myself and Joe D'Ambrosio of WTIC and completely obstructed the field from us. I had to slide a few feet to the left. But at least we may have a nickname for him: Eclipse.

That's impossible!! No way anyone walks in front of Joe D and you can't see some part of him.

Reaction Score
"Chandler Whitmer hit Nick Williams on the fly in stride with a pass over the outstretched arms of Blidi Wreh-Wilson and into Williams’ waiting mitts for a touchdown. Johnny McEntee came back, going into the other end zone seemingly ran the same play with Williams but the ball sailed over Williams’ head out of bounds."

Well I guess it settles THAT question....

Reaction Score
I would like to know who they are trotting out at rb in obvious passing situations. To say that the tb's had trouble pass blocking last year would be an understatement (although McCombs showed improvement as the year went on). I keep hearing about Osieski making noise in the passing game. Why not have him in as a single back on 3rd downs? Or as an H Back?

Reaction Score
Chip's blog

There could never be a full eclipse of Joe D's head........

THC

Reaction Score
As a former Berlin Redcoat, i'm really excited about DeLorenzo. This kid could be really good if he'd only stop shying away from contact. What a croc those posts were.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
"Chandler Whitmer hit Nick Williams on the fly in stride with a pass over the outstretched arms of Blidi Wreh-Wilson and into Williams’ waiting mitts for a touchdown. Johnny McEntee came back, going into the other end zone seemingly ran the same play with Williams but the ball sailed over Williams’ head out of bounds."

Well I guess it settles THAT question....

Yes, it's silly to base anything on a single throw. Yet, I came away with the exact same impression.

So, I guess that means no order of magnitude upgrade at QB this year. Just throw it to our guys and hold onto the ball.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01