Dez saya may be - may be - a surprise comming & Wayne Morgon to SU | The Boneyard

Dez saya may be - may be - a surprise comming & Wayne Morgon to SU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would be a nice bonus to this recruiting class.

Sorry for misspelling Morgan and says.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe he heard that there was going to be free Prime Rib and Caviar at the event tomorrow? Maybe that is the big surprise?!:)

Reaction Score
Maybe he heard that there was going to be free Prime Rib and Caviar at the event tomorrow? Maybe that is the big surprise?!:)

LOL - first time I spent on the Dez chat - never again. He does some nice tweeting but it was a recruting chat and I dont think he was able or wanted to answer anyones questions. A bunch of 'I dont knows'.

Now he might, maybe, have some inside info....maybe, I dont know, we will see, I am done making predicitns, but for the overall chat I gave it a 'D'.

Reaction Score
LOL - first time I spent on the Dez chat - never again. He does some nice tweeting but it was a recruting chat and I dont think he was able or wanted to answer anyones questions. A bunch of 'I dont knows'.

Now he might, maybe, have some inside info....maybe, I dont know, we will see, I am done making predicitns, but for the overall chat I gave it a 'D'.

Gotta give Des a little bit of a break on those chats, sometimes people ask the dumbest questions quite frankly. I mean we haven't even been to spring ball and several people are asking for predictions for starters, records, impact players etc. When he hasn't seen the players play, beyond just that what other response is there?

Reaction Score
I visit every chat he has had, and I keep asking myself why at the end of it. I think we find out more info communicating with each other than we get from Dez regarding recruiting.

Reaction Score
I visit every chat he has had, and I keep asking myself why at the end of it. I think we find out more info communicating with each other than we get from Dez regarding recruiting.

He's occasionally pretty funny, and he does a good job moderating to allow fans to post their opinions. Also he posts during the work day which is a big reason I read the chat.

In all reality, the best way to get Dez to answer questions you have is to either email or tweet him.

Reaction Score
your right, but remember he's a beat reporter for the football team, not a recruiting reporter, any info he gives us on recruiting should be considered a bonus, before Des when the football season ended typically so did the football coverage from the Courant. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Dez is a great guy who does a very good job covering the Huskies. He offers the most blog posts, tweets, chats etc on Husky football. He might not have the x & o's down or offer many insider recruiting tidbits, but he's always working for us.

Reaction Score
Just think how far we have come as a fan base since Dez replaced Courchesne on the beat. We went from having ZERO coverage by what some consider the flagship paper in CT to having year around stories, an interactive mailbag and blog, chats... and a reporter who is VERY accessible to the fan base! We should consider ourselves lucky we have a reporter like that covering our team!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Dez covers our boys like they're big-time, and that's all we can ask.

I can deal with a 'sub-par' noonday chat or two over the alternative, anytime...

Reaction Score
Can't people just be happy he took an hour out of his day to talk with others share his opining and fill us in on a few things. I'm sure he has plenty of information he is not yet able to make public. He probably has some inside information he just isn't allowed to speak about it. This was the first year I was aware of Dez's hard work and dedication to filling in us Uconn football aficionados. I consider myself a pretty die hard and loyal Uconn fan, some of you guys make me look like a band wagoner.

Dez does a great job and keeps many up to date on a lot that is going on with the UConn football program. So let's just appreciate it, get off his case and see how things unravel tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom