Dez, News And Notes From Spring Practice No.3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dez, News And Notes From Spring Practice No.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Frustrating. Yup - and any player doing that is a Jaguar, and makes a coach insane.

No - Running backs don't commonly signal that they are out of gas.

Have you ever actually played a football game? You have the slightest idea what a football team will do with a key player in the huddle that waves to the sideline to come off the field in the middle of a game.....because they're TIRED?

You see players waive to come off the field, because they probably just broke something, and can't move something, not becuase they're tired. '

Jaguars.

My work here in this discussion is done.
Yes, RBs commonly signal they want to be taken out. It is a common occurrence.

Reaction Score
Frustrating. Yup - and any player doing that is a Jaguar, and makes a coach insane.

No - Running backs don't commonly signal that they are out of gas.

Have you ever actually played a football game? You have the slightest idea what a football team will do with a key player in the huddle that waves to the sideline to come off the field in the middle of a game.....because they're TIRED?

You see players waive to come off the field, because they probably just broke something, and can't move something, not becuase they're tired. '

Jaguars.

My work here in this discussion is done.

Jordon Todman tapped out of almost every game for a blow. I mean, I appreciate the education and all, but I'm just telling you what I saw on a regular basis. If memory serves he was a pretty good college back and lead the nation in carries his last season.

Reaction Score
You want to go on record saying that Todman tapped out of almost every game because he was tired? Wow. You may have seen something, but I highly, highly, highly, doubt that Jordan Todman was waving to the sidelines to be pulled out of almost every game.

I can't believe where this discussion is going. In football players don't wave to their coaches to come off the field because they're tired. Not if they ever want to go back on the field. There's no crying in baseball, and football players don't tap out of games because they're tired. Not on championship teams. No way.

No, RB's don't commonly signal to coaches that they want to be taken out in the middle of a game. That might be the single dumbest thing I've ever read here.

A lot of times, you see players pointing and waving when they're coming or going off the field, not at coaches, but at other players that they know are supposed to be in the offensive package subbing in and out for the next play call set or they are responding to signals from the side line based on the next play's offensive package.

This kind of communication that goes on during a football game, is why Bill Belichick went to the lengths he did to video tape everything he possibly could against the rules, when 'scouingt' other teams until Mangini blew the whiste on him, and why you commonly see multiple people sending in signals from the sidelines with most of them dummies.

Holy mackerel. Football 101.

We didn't have anybody to sub in and out regularly in the offensive backfield last year aside from the QB position.

I guarantee you that the coaches look forward happily to the probability that they will be able to sub in and out regularly in the backfield this year (other than the QB).

Wow wow wow.

Reaction Score
So, when JT was tapping his helmet jogging to the sidelines, what do you think that meant?

You're lost. And it would be cute if you weren't so damn condescending.

Reaction Score
So, when JT was tapping his helmet jogging to the sidelines, what do you think that meant?

You're lost. And it would be cute if you weren't so damn condescending.

It's insultingn to a player that's trying to make it in the league. Put up a clip about what you're talking about. Otherwise I'm not saying anything else specific about this.

I don't think you have a clue as to how unbelievably illogical it is for a football player to be waving at coaches to be pulled off the field for fatigue,and for the coaches to pay attention, and for that player to continue to have the respect of anybody else on the field, or on the sidelines...... when the coaches expect htem to be out there and part of the next play.

Todman played through multiple injuries, and he actually had a player behind him in the offensive game plans in Frey that was experienced, knew the offense and the coaches felt reliable with.

Yes,my tone is condescending. Because the concept that a football player would intentionally "tap out" of a game, because they're tired? One of our own? A RB? Insulting.

Reaction Score
Ok, guess I won't be checking into this thread anymore.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Ok, guess I won't be checking into this thread anymore.

so lets get to the meat of the potato of this thread.

RANDY EDSALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Everyone who sees guys asking out all the time are wrong. He's right. What you see what your own eyes don't matter.

Carl is never wrong -- or, perhaps, he can't admit he's wrong.

Reaction Score
Everyone who sees guys asking out all the time are wrong. He's right. What you see what your own eyes don't matter.

Dude can kill a thread like no one else.

Think back to JT in the Temple Game in 2010. After he hyper extended his elbow he clearly wasn't the same. We kept feeding him the ball however, and eventually he was stripped of the ball and it was returned for a momentum changing TD. But hey he wasn't a Jaguar, he was "ram tough".

Reaction Score
Watch an NFL game Carl. Players "tap out" all of the time. Including running backs.

Reaction Score

I tried Palatine, I really tried, but I'm unable to scroll on without typing POT TO KETTLE

Reaction Score
RIght. You answered you're own issue. Should have had another RB in there. Didn't have one. Give the coaching staff a little bit of credit. They've been around a LONG time.

So you have an issue with the play call? Play action pass.......after a 65 yard run..........that's really going to fool a defense and get them to bite on the play fake, our passing attack was so devastating last year.

I'll take a player that wants the pig in his hands and falls down because they can't run anymore any day, and I'd keep giving it to him, if it's the only thing that's working. I want 100 players like that. I love that kid.
Do you ever read what you write? Why would you want a running back that fell down when you hand him the ball?

Reaction Score
Carl this ain't 1957. Guys don't play both ways. The game is much more athletic/intense/specialized. There are these things called 2-back systems for a reason. Jordan would always ask out after a long run or 2-3 carries in a row. It wasn't even a big deal. Fatigue is when injuries happen, mistakes. Not a knock to take a blow, its a smart play, standard really...

I know you painted yourself onto a corner here but this is a losing battle, for sure.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Football players go all out until the whistle is blown and never will take them selves out of a game because of fatigue. They tap out because the coach says so period. The players don't run the ship the coach does. Coaches will tell you to stay on the ground if your hurt, or get your ass off the field. College is not the pros they don't get paid to play. The coach decides for you. If you can't get the job done, you will be tired from sitting on the bench.

Reaction Score
Once again.

In football, you do not substitute players to "spell" someone on offense. .

just stop it. you sound like a lunatic. what do you mean you don't "spell" offenseive players? i'd say in at least 90%, if not every single football game i've watched i've seen a backup RB get some carries. i'm sure you'll say it's to give the defense different looks, or some other pearl you pull out of you rear, but sometimes it's because a RB or WR just sprinted at full speed for a long distance. if a RB isn't tired after a 60 yard run then he didn't run as hard as he could, and that's a problem

Reaction Score
No, RB's don't commonly signal to coaches that they want to be taken out in the middle of a game. That might be the single dumbest thing I've ever read here. .

you have 1320 posts. i imagine at least 3/4 of them are dumber than this. to me dumb is trying to tell a group of 25 people that they didn't see something we all clearly saw, and that's a RB tap to come out of a game. i every RB i've ever seen in the NFL or 1A just wasn't a real football player like you are.

Reaction Score
Do you ever read what you write? Why would you want a running back that fell down when you hand him the ball?

if you read the rest of his gem of a post you'll see he says "because it's working." Carl, how can you expect to be taken seriously if you say your RB falling down every play could ever be "working"

Reaction Score
Football players go all out until the whistle is blown and never will take them selves out of a game because of fatigue. They tap out because the coach says so period. The players don't run the ship the coach does. Coaches will tell you to stay on the ground if your hurt, or get your ass off the field. College is not the pros they don't get paid to play. The coach decides for you. If you can't get the job done, you will be tired from sitting on the bench.

Thanks. You get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99