Dez does himself proud! | The Boneyard

Dez does himself proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really impressed by Ryan Donahue's instincts, "The whole coaching staff changed and I thought it was going to be better," Donohue said. "I just didn't get along with them. I didn't agree with their philosophies and stuff".

After reading these articles I'm predicting a 12-1 season. We lose to Bama by 10 in the title game.

Reaction Score
Let's hope that the quarterback situation is fixed. Let the best competitor win the position during spring practice & move from there. Last year's qb by committee didn't work. Here's hoping also that the wide receiver position is improved.

Reaction Score
Let's hope that the quarterback situation is fixed. Let the best competitor win the position during spring practice & move from there. Last year's qb by committee didn't work. Here's hoping also that the wide receiver position is improved.

Not sure I believe we need a starter before summer, but before opening game would be nice.

Reaction Score
No reason to rush the process. Let the new guys process the playbook, keep working in the gym, refining footwork hand offs etc. I would like to think it's a wide open race. Whitmer came here to play, hence why he transferred from Illinois to JC in the first place. One has to think he has to be a favorite, but who knows. While at face value it seems like the same race as last year. I think things are a little different. There were no QB's last year with any kid of experience. This year we have 4 who have played at the collegiate level. One a stand out at the JC as a first year starter, our returning starter, a wildcat QB who looked quite good at times and a returning sophomore in Nebrich who athletically is as gifted as they come. Should be a fun position battle to keep an eye on all spring and summer.

F

fortebleedsblue

All of the blogs seem to reach an agreement that Joe Williams is fast/explosive etc. I'm looking forward to more feed back on how he does with pads on. Also what I've heard about Shakin Phillips seems to match blog reports. With Shakim, smith and that Clemson transfer this WR corps is going to be in good shape.

The QB and Oline development preseason will be critical.

Reaction Score
I'm really impressed by Ryan Donahue's instincts, "The whole coaching staff changed and I thought it was going to be better," Donohue said. "I just didn't get along with them. I didn't agree with their philosophies and stuff".

That quote caught my eye too. It made me wonder what players who played for FHCRE and who are still here think about HCPP's 'philosophies and stuff.' Then again, I think Donahue's follow on comment is just as interesting. "The defensive coordinator ran a completely different scheme than Coach Brown runs. You know Coach Brown is about pressure, pressure, pressure. They wanted to kind of sit back and wait. … That's not me. I'm attack." IMO, based on that last comment, I guess we can expect to see a continuation of the FHCRE bend-but-don't-break style of defense when we play Maryland on September 15th.

Reaction Score

Trigger TDH comment in 3 ... 2 .... 1 ...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whats TE going to look like behind griffin?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I just got really excited about the thought of a double barrel of Williams returning kicks this year

Reaction Score
Not sure I believe we need a starter before summer, but before opening game would be nice.

Agreed, but I sure hope they've at least narrowed it down to 2, worse case 3 by end of Spring. It would be nice to have it as a 2 man competition going into summer camp so those two can get all the reps in camp with the 1's. Name your starter a good 1-2 weeks before your first game, and commit to it. No more rotation, just pick the starter and work your offense. Would be nice for some coninuity this year.

Reaction Score
No reason to rush the process. Let the new guys process the playbook, keep working in the gym, refining footwork hand offs etc. I would like to think it's a wide open race. .

if we don't have a starter, or at least have it narrowed down quite a bit, by the summer i'm going to take it as nobody we brought in is any better than who we already had. to me that's a pretty bad sign. ideally someone will be so much better that he knocks our socks off in the spring game or at least knocks P's socks off in practice. i certainly don't mind if they use a wildcat package for one of the more mobile backups, but i hope we at least know who our main guy is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom