Depth Chart Info | The Boneyard

Depth Chart Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's close. Tough to tell if that's right. Plus, we go from a 4-3 to a 3-4 on any given play. So there's that.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Will Beals be the #2 WR? He seemed to lose the favor of the coaches late in the season and we saw more of Hergy...also, he may make more sense in the slot. Knappe is RT, Peart is LT. If Marshe Terry does start opposite Obi, we're going to have some serious height in the secondary. He's 6-4 and Obi is 6-3.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Will Beals be the #2 WR? He seemed to lose the favor of the coaches late in the season and we saw more of Hergy...
I think it comes down to a Brady-ism.

Any interviewer, ever: "Tom, who's your number 1 target?"
TB12: "The guy that's open."

EDIT to correct possible misquote: "number 1 target" should read "favorite receiver."

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think it comes down to a Brady-ism.

Any interviewer, ever: "Tom, who's your number 1 target?"

TB12: "The guy that's open."

True. Even still, he had the most successful freshman campaign of any UConn receiver. I'm hoping for big things.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think Knappe will be LT, Pert on bench and Levy as RT.

Reaction Score
Mayala is a physical freak but hasn't shown much. We need somebody other than Thomas to step up. If we could have a solid #2 it would go a long way. Then hopefully Battle and McLean can become a threat in the RZ. We have a solid crop of TE's.

Reaction Score
that depth chart is off... I see it this way coming into training camp:

1st Team (offense):
WR - Noel Thomas
WR - Hergy Mayala
LT - Knappe
LG - Hopkins
C - Crozier
RG - Levy
RT - Peart
TE - Bloom
TE - Myers
QB - Shireffs
RB - Newsome

2nd Team (offense):
WR - Lemelle
WR - Beals
LT - Rutherford
LG - Hashemi
C - Oak
RG - Rutherford
RT - Levy
TE - Lee
TE - Zolman
QB - Anderson
RB - R. Johnson

2nd Team (defense):
DE - Lawley
DT - Atkins
DT - Marrinan
DE - Stapleton
OLB - Williams
MLB - Hicks
OLB - Levenberry
CB - Hadley
SS - Terry
FS - Watkins
CB - Green

Again, this is at the start of training camp... I suspect a few changes in the depth chart, on both sides of the ball... I actually suspect attrition from this group in some form or fashion...

Reaction Score
that depth chart is off... I see it this way coming into training camp:

1st Team (offense):
WR - Noel Thomas
WR - Hergy Mayala
LT - Knappe
LG - Hopkins
C - Crozier
RG - Levy
RT - Peart
TE - Bloom
TE - Myers
QB - Shireffs
RB - Newsome

2nd Team (offense):
WR - Lemelle
WR - Beals
LT - Rutherford
LG - Hashemi
C - Oak
RG - Rutherford
RT - Levy
TE - Lee
TE - Zolman
QB - Anderson
RB - R. Johnson

2nd Team (defense):
DE - Lawley
DT - Atkins
DT - Marrinan
DE - Stapleton
OLB - Williams
MLB - Hicks
OLB - Levenberry
CB - Hadley
SS - Terry
FS - Watkins
CB - Green

Again, this is at the start of training camp... I suspect a few changes in the depth chart, on both sides of the ball... I actually suspect attrition from this group in some form or fashion...

Think you may have the OLine flipped, K.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We're also not accounting for the 'F' position here. If Billy Williams does, in fact, leave the program, then we could end up with Jay Rose getting some significant time as a freshman

Reaction Score
We're also not accounting for the 'F' position here. If Billy Williams does, in fact, leave the program, then we could end up with Jay Rose getting some significant time as a freshman

I'm excited for quite a few freshman and Rose is definitely up there. Also looking forward to the RB's.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm excited for quite a few freshman and Rose is definitely up there. Also looking forward to the RB's.
True. One of the freshman RBs should definitely see some level of time with Marriner transferring and DeLorenzo graduating. I'd bet on Hopkins just because he probably has a more college ready frame.

Reaction Score
True. One of the freshman RBs should definitely see some level of time with Marriner transferring and DeLorenzo graduating. I'd bet on Hopkins just because he probably has a more college ready frame.

I think it'd probably be Thompson too, but Vickers highlight tape is unreal. I can't believe he didn't have bigger offers. His acceleration out of his jump cuts is crazy

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think it'd probably be Thompson too, but Vickers highlight tape is unreal. I can't believe he didn't have bigger offers. His acceleration out of his jump cuts is crazy

Totally agree. When it's all said and done, I really do think Vickers will be a massive asset to this team. He was electric on tape.

Reaction Score
Also amazing the number of true Jrs that were recruited by Diaco or he inherited that will be playing their third season this year.
This should be a very experienced team across the board and should give us some entertaining and competitive games with a real shot at winning any of them.

Reaction Score
We may need a first team D and I'm not sure Rutherford can play 2 spots simultaneously.

And look out for RSFr to play 2d team D line.

QUOTE="ktuck911, post: 1740615, member: 989"]that depth chart is off... I see it this way coming into training camp:

1st Team (offense):
WR - Noel Thomas
WR - Hergy Mayala
LT - Knappe
LG - Hopkins
C - Crozier
RG - Levy
RT - Peart
TE - Bloom
TE - Myers
QB - Shireffs
RB - Newsome

2nd Team (offense):
WR - Lemelle
WR - Beals
LT - Rutherford
LG - Hashemi
C - Oak
RG - Rutherford
RT - Levy
TE - Lee
TE - Zolman
QB - Anderson
RB - R. Johnson

2nd Team (defense):
DE - Lawley
DT - Atkins
DT - Marrinan
DE - Stapleton
OLB - Williams
MLB - Hicks
OLB - Levenberry
CB - Hadley
SS - Terry
FS - Watkins
CB - Green

Again, this is at the start of training camp... I suspect a few changes in the depth chart, on both sides of the ball... I actually suspect attrition from this group in some form or fashion...[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
This thread shows how out of shape posters are on this and how much work there is to do before the game.

Multiple posters putting Knappe at LT and Pert on the bench? Oy Vey! Start running stadium steps.
I'll take the hit for that one.. I listed the OL bassackwards.. my bad bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom