Deng Gak | The Boneyard

Deng Gak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, please! This kid is long & athletic. Sending Freeman is a good thing. Might be a nice Jersey connection in the future.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Fwiw I've heard Freeman as the only name as the likely replacement. At the same time though, I've been guaranteed nothing. So take it with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
There was a whole lot to like in that mix tape, fluid movement with the ball, shooting touch, positioning, athleticism, a shot from the zone busting position at the foul line. I liked what I saw because it would transition to whom ever he is playing against. From the tape he would offer more than Thompson that I have seen several times.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
From the tape he would offer more than Thompson that I have seen several times.
Thompson is very limited. I'm surprised he's considered a top 100 player to be honest.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'll take a kid who shoots 100% every day. But seriously, kid looks super skilled. Hands, footwork, quickness, mobility, good shooting form. The kind of player we should never see a tape of unless he commits.

Reaction Score
Thompson is very limited. I'm surprised he's considered a top 100 player to be honest.
Like many of these kids, it makes a big difference exactly when you see them Thompson most frequently blends into a game and makes a play here or there like Facey does for us now, then in a particular game he shows more moves and game than his mix tape and you say 'wow", I see why he is highly rated. But in my mind a high rated kid should be there based on high caliber regular performance rather than peak capability. With that said, Gak's tape shows a better player with more upside because he is a better athlete from appearances. Other comments from posters about good hands is a solid observation. Whoever made that mix tape did a good job organizing the tape to focus on each skill one at a time. Mohamed Bamba runs the court like a deer and looks graceful and is rightly highly rated, but I doubt his highlights could showcase as many good basketball plays that weren't based solely on athleticism. I usually look at these tapes to get my 'minds eye' around the physical characteristics of the player rather than projecting a basketball judgment, but this tape was good enough to make me want this kid as our 'Facey' replacement for 2017. (At least until the mix tape of the next player I see)

Reaction Score
This kid looks skilled, but 7'0" 190lbs is ridiculously thin. Guess that's what college weight lifting is for?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This kid looks skilled, but 7'0" 190lbs is ridiculously thin. Guess that's what college weight lifting is for?
You could knock him over with a sneeze. Speaking of sneezing if he sneezed he would be Achou Deng. Gak. Can't believe I did that.:rolleyes:

C

Chief00

Yes and no. The last couple years our weight lifting program has been a dismal failure at transforming skinny tall guys into strong men. That needs to change.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes and no. The last couple years our weight lifting program has been a dismal failure at transforming skinny tall guys into strong men. That needs to change.

Or they are skinny guys not capable of putting on serious weight. Watch what happens with Enoch and Zach Brown. If they fill out, you can take back the same refrain you've mentioned 326 times now.

Reaction Score
Or they are skinny guys not capable of putting on serious weight. Watch what happens with Enoch and Zach Brown. If they fill out, you can take back the same refrain you've mentioned 326 times now.
Wrong! It's the gymnastics. The entire "weight program" consists of the players doing cartwheels up and down the court.

C

Chief00

Look at Stewie - she had a very skinny body type and got noticeably stronger. Tired of posters making excuses for someone who doesn't get it done for power strength.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Incredibly coordinated for his size. Very athletic. Was trying to figure out if he was left handed until I saw the jump shots. Easily making left handed layups and jump hooks.
Looks like he has some great upside. 7-5 wingspan. Great prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom