De'Janae Boykin - In person account of her game 2/7/14 - pictures too... | The Boneyard

De'Janae Boykin - In person account of her game 2/7/14 - pictures too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So Ken (MilfordHusky) couldn't be bothered to see her play, even tho she's from Maryland/DC area and not a half hour from his home, so I traveled 3,000 miles to catch her game tonight.

The team she played was far inferior. Late in the game with the score 60-13. Not exactly sure of the final score. She was really the only Div 1 prospect on the court. Noticed her right away - a legit 6'2" or 6'3". Slender, but not skinny. Needs to get a bit stronger and add some muscle, but certainly not a player who needs to slim down.

Very fluid in her movement. Good athlete. Clearly right handed, but uses both hands well for layups. Of course, drives better to the right, but also somewhat capable of driving to the left. Has a decent mid range shot and went something like 1-4 from beyond the arc. Good overall form - on her jumper and on her FT's. Also had some nice spin moves on the interior. Obviously a kid with some serious talent.

She's a good hustler, but didn't possess Maya or Kelly like intensity - clearly her hard is not UCONN hard (not yet anyway). She was bigger than everyone else and used her size to her advantage.

Anyway, I actually chatted with Milford after the game. He did attend and gave me the above run down, but I thought I'd give him a hard time, since that's about all I'm good for lately. He also sent some pictures I will post below...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
boykin1.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
he actually did post comments... but no pics

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eric, were you that handsome guy across the gym waving wildly to me? Sorry if I ignored you. :)

Seriously, thanks for uploading the pics. My pics. :D

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Great job by Milford! I trust felony plagerism charges will be forthcoming against a certain interloper.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great job by Milford! I trust felony plagerism charges will be forthcoming against a certain interloper.
Cronus is my crony who helped get the pics uploaded. I won't press charges--if he picks up the tab for dinner next week. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Milford and I chatted about her. She's a good one. Would love to land her. Don't know how to compare her game to Collier's but i think landing the 2 of them along with Kalani Brown would set us up size wise for the next 4 years!!!

Reaction Score
So Ken (MilfordHusky) couldn't be bothered to see her play, even tho she's from Maryland/DC area and not a half hour from his home, so I traveled 3,000 miles to catch her game tonight.

The team she played was far inferior. Late in the game with the score 60-13. Not exactly sure of the final score. She was really the only Div 1 prospect on the court. Noticed her right away - a legit 6'2" or 6'3". Slender, but not skinny. Needs to get a bit stronger and add some muscle, but certainly not a player who needs to slim down.

Very fluid in her movement. Good athlete. Clearly right handed, but uses both hands well for layups. Of course, drives better to the right, but also somewhat capable of driving to the left. Has a decent mid range shot and went something like 1-4 from beyond the arc. Good overall form - on her jumper and on her FT's. Also had some nice spin moves on the interior. Obviously a kid with some serious talent.

She's a good hustler, but didn't possess Maya or Kelly like intensity - clearly her hard is not UCONN hard (not yet anyway). She was bigger than everyone else and used her size to her advantage.

Anyway, I actually chatted with Milford after the game. He did attend and gave me the above run down, but I thought I'd give him a hard time, since that's about all I'm good for lately. He also sent some pictures I will post below...

Pretty good scout report, it's always tough to do a indepth evaluation at a super lopsided high school game where a player doesn't get challenged, I have watched and evaluated Dejanae Boykin for over 3 years, I have seen that intensity in big games on the nike summer circuit, I'm trying to get some video on her from my contact in maryland who is going to see if they can get some, I will post if I get it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks, DD. I like DJB. She has a nice upside on the court and sounds like a great kid. Getting her out of the DC area was big!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well so far we've hit the recruiting jackpot for 2015. Now if we can just add Butler and then Samuelson and Durr, it would be a class for the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom