"Deflatgate Brady must serve suspension! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Deflatgate Brady must serve suspension!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the one thing we've definitely learned from all of this is that Pats fans are lunatics. I can't think of any other fan base that would have these sorts of grand delusions that the rest of the world is incensed by this and that Brady retiring/Goodell rescinding the suspension/the entire league going on strike the first four games are actually legitimate things that warrant discussion. Pull it together people.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the one thing we've definitely learned from all of this is that Pats fans are lunatics. I can't think of any other fan base that would have these sorts of grand delusions that the rest of the world is incensed by this and that Brady retiring/Goodell rescinding the suspension/the entire league going on strike the first four games are actually legitimate things that warrant discussion. Pull it together people.
Yeah, kind of silly. There's no point in doing all that since surely the Lord will smite the other NFL owners and Goodell will have a special place set aside for him in hell.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All the people who study via the bold type method still think this has to do with guilt/ innocence of Tom Brady. In reality, they publicize just how misinformed they actually are, which affects their credibility. Yesterday's ruling has nothing to do with whether Brady was more probable than not at least generally aware that the footballs in the 2015 AFC Championship Game were under-inflated (Wells Report conclusion) or whether he was the mastermind of an organized scheme (Goodell piling on after the fact).

Yesterday's ruling has to do with the NFLPA agreeing in 2012 to give Goodell absolute power and the fact that Goodell actually wielded said power. If Article 46 explicitly stated that the arbitrator had to be independent (typically implied by the term "arbitrator") this thread does not exist. The evidence does not support a "guilty" verdict and it certainly does not warrant the punishment. The Wells report was more of a prosecutor's strategy than an inclusive independent investigation. The Patriots should have been allowed to mount a defense to the Wells report. Instead the NFL handed down a punishment based on it and the Patriots were forces to defend themselves through appeal.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
All the people who study via the bold type method still think this has to do with guilt/ innocence of Tom Brady. In reality, they publicize just how misinformed they actually are, which affects their credibility. Yesterday's ruling has nothing to do with whether Brady was more probable than not at least generally aware that the footballs in the 2015 AFC Championship Game were under-inflated (Wells Report conclusion) or whether he was the mastermind of an organized scheme (Goodell piling on after the fact).

Yesterday's ruling has to do with the NFLPA agreeing in 2012 to give Goodell absolute power and the fact that Goodell actually wielded said power. If Article 46 explicitly stated that the arbitrator had to be independent (typically implied by the term "arbitrator") this thread does not exist. The evidence does not support a "guilty" verdict and it certainly does not warrant the punishment. The Wells report was more of a prosecutor's strategy than an inclusive independent investigation. The Patriots should have been allowed to mount a defense to the Wells report. Instead the NFL handed down a punishment based on it and the Patriots were forces to defend themselves through appeal.

Stated earlier in thread -

Was it overblown because Pats? Yes.

Fair and Balanced Reporting -

The court essentially ruled not on Brady's guilt or innocence. Instead, it ruled that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had the power to implement a suspension.

Husky25

Reaction Score

The court essentially ruled not on Brady's guilt or innocence. Instead, it ruled that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had the power to implement a suspension.
I was sort of implicitly referring to a certain post a couple above your last post before this one.

Reaction Score

This is the internet. There's no place for facts here.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I was sort of implicitly referring to a certain post a couple above your last post before this one.

Something went on...even Boston Bob Ryan admits to that, and the majority of the Public, which doesn't count because they are haters.

Was there a Judge that sided with Brady? Yes.
Was that Judge in the minority of the Judge Pool? Yes.
Was this about evidence of deflating footballs? No.

Did something occur? Yes.
Did this something impact the outcome of the Colts game? No.
Did this something go on prior? IDK
Did this something impact the outcome of a previous game? IDK

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

That's true, but they also tangentally ruled that Goodell had carte blanche as judge, juror and executioner. The dissenting judge disagreed with that, as did Berman. Goodell levied a punishment that did not fit with prior equipment-related fines (toughskin on gloves etc). The NFLPA is unfortunately the weakest of the athletes' players unions and they did their members a disservice. The next CBA has to change. But really, it's not just this. It's the fact that there are nonguaranteed contracts in the most physically punishing sport. It amazes me that baseball players can coast through a season or two, waiting for their contract year to step up and play relatively hard. The NFL is the richest of the rich and yet their players are treated like relative garbage while their owners line their pockets.

Reaction Score
I'm a Patriots fan and the only reason I'm mad at this whole situation is because the punishment was beyond excessive. It should have been a fine and move on, but Goodell has to stoke his ego and god complex and had to prove that he's judge, jury and executioner. At this point, I'd like to just have Brady serve that damn suspension so I never have to heard about this stupid thing again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed. Changes in atmospheric conditions between the officials locker room and the outdoor field on a cool damp night in late January occurred.

Yes. And what else occurred? The league made no effort this year to test all balls at halftime to demonstrate the effect. Despite it being "critical" to the "integrity of the game".

What else happened? The league essentially scripted a report from Wells, a report that was incomprehensibly incompetent as an "independent" investigation and instead was written to meet a foregone conclusion. This whole thing was a set up.

Brady will appeal for an En Banc hearing. Not sure he would get one. I also envision a civil suit against Goodell for defamation of character. That would open up discovery to all the emails between Goodell and most of the others involved. Goodell will not want that to occur. I'm not saying Brady can make such a case, which would be hard, but that the fallout from it could be very damaging to Goodell and the league.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Agreed. Changes in atmospheric conditions between the officials locker room and the outdoor field on a cool damp night in late January occurred.
Just so we are all on the same page...the texts were about weight loss - correct?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I also envision a civil suit against Goodell for defamation of character.

That would make for great entertainment, but I don't know if it is a reality. My guess is that Brady would have to take it on by himself. Defamation is a personal issue and I can't see the union financing it. Secondly, they have been saying all afternoon on WEEI that Brady would have show he suffered significant financial damage as a result of the defamation and while he will suffer a few $$hundred-thou as a result of the suspension, is that worth spending many multiples of that amount to get a fraction back? Brady makes about $9 Million on the field and many $$millions more in endorsements Plus the $100 Millions his wife is worth/makes. I have a hard time think a judge finding for the plaintiff. Plus (Though I'm not a lawyer), I believe the burden of proof in a defamation case is a high bar to clear.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That would make for great entertainment, but I don't know if it is a reality. My guess is that Brady would have to take it on by himself. Defamation is a personal issue and I can't see the union financing it. Secondly, they have been saying all afternoon on WEEI that Brady would have show he suffered significant financial damage as a result of the defamation and while he will suffer a few $$hundred-thou as a result of the suspension, is that worth spending many multiples of that amount to get a fraction back? Brady makes about $9 Million on the field and many $$millions more in endorsements Plus the $100 Millions his wife is worth/makes. I have a hard time think a judge finding for the plaintiff. Plus (Though I'm not a lawyer), I believe the burden of proof in a defamation case is a high bar to clear.

It would be a hard case. Defamation is always a hard case. But his endorsement money, and possible future plans (politician? TV?) and his wife's status, allow him to claim huge potential damages. But even one email from Goodell suggesting he is going after the Patriots or Brady as the motivation for this thing, and the jury sides with him. Forget judges, it would be a jury trial and Brady is way more sympathetic than Goodell. But the real point is that the simple threat of discovery, of the smoking gun that ends Goodell's career (and which probably exists) should be enough to get him to back down, admit the ideal gas law is real and drop or cut the suspension to one game for failure to cooperate.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just so we are all on the same page...the texts were about weight loss - correct?
I don't know what the texts were about. The Deflator text occurred 8 months prior to the AFC Championship game. The texts were also taken out of context, as I understand it. Wells obtained the texts after the 5th meeting with the McNally and Jastremski. The Patriots wouldn't consent to a sixth. Hey, but seeing "The Deflator" in a big bold type headline sure makes for incriminating optics. Being first is more important than being right.

CL82

Reaction Score
Something went on...even Boston Bob Ryan admits to that, and the majority of the Public, which doesn't count because they are haters.

Was there a Judge that sided with Brady? Yes.
Was that Judge in the minority of the Judge Pool? Yes.
Was this about evidence of deflating footballs? No.

Did something occur? Yes.
Did this something impact the outcome of the Colts game? No.
Did this something go on prior? IDK
Did this something impact the outcome of a previous game? IDK

Lol, Did something occur? What the heck does that mean? "Something " always "occurs."

So yeah something occurred. It is called physics.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Lol, Did something occur? What the heck does that mean? "Something " always "occurs."

So yeah something occurred. It is called physics.
Physics sent texts?

I wish you were my parent when I was drinking under age, street racing at new departure and experimenting with weed...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Let's agree to disagree about circumstantial evidence and agree greatest QB.

Reaction Score
In all of this who has proven to spread lies? The NFL and ESPN. But hey lets take their side because Giants.

Reaction Score
Let's agree to disagree about circumstantial evidence and agree greatest QB.

You've been more than reasonable on this topic, so I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but I would like your opinion:

With the one text that used the word "deflator" and the idea that the word "deflate" can only be used to describe the removal of air from an inflated object, what are the people at Men's Health talking about in this tweet?

There's no air in a kettel bell and there's no tire in that picture. Did someone make a mistake?

Reaction Score
You've been more than reasonable on this topic, so I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but I would like your opinion:

With the one text that used the word "deflator" and the idea that the word "deflate" can only be used to describe the removal of air from an inflated object, what are the people at Men's Health talking about in this tweet?

There's no air in a kettel bell and there's no tire in that picture. Did someone make a mistake?

In the old days a spare tire could also be found around your waist as in the Dunlap disease was where your belly done lapped over your belt.

CL82

Reaction Score
Physics sent texts?

I wish you were my parent when I was drinking under age, street racing at new departure and experimenting with weed...
Ohh, so something occurred means someone sent texts....
so is pretty much everyone under 80 also guilty?

Maybe if you laid off the booze and weed, this would be easier to follow...:rolleyes:

Bonehead

Reaction Score

talking about his waistline I suppose. The word can describe a feeling.

I am not saying the text is the smoking gun - I tend to lean with Bob Ryan's interview with Mad Dog the other day - I would just assume he has a better pulse than me about the story through time.
Ohh, so something occurred means someone sent texts....
so is pretty much everyone under 80 also guilty?

Maybe if you laid off the booze and weed, this would be easier to follow...:rolleyes:

You sound mad - please don't be! It's not just me there are millions of people that have theories on this -

I honestly don't even remember all details and if I mention 1 there are 3 canned retorts. I accept that we disagree - you will not change my opinion nor will I change yours.

I knew many people who were sure Bill Clinton had no intimate relations with an intern -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro