"Deflatgate Brady must serve suspension! | The Boneyard

"Deflatgate Brady must serve suspension!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Fair and Balanced Reporting -

The court essentially ruled not on Brady's guilt or innocence. Instead, it ruled that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had the power to implement a suspension.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Fair and Balanced Reporting -

The court essentially ruled not on Brady's guilt or innocence. Instead, it ruled that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had the power to implement a suspension.
That's basically saying "We reinstated the suspension because the commissioner can suspend who he wants for whatever he wants, evidence not required."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup, this will drag on all summer and fall long (again). So now that the Patriots appealed to the NFL for their picks back and were rejected again, will Goodell lift his ban based on no sufficient evidence?

On second thought, who cares. The Pats will still win the AFC East next year and make the playoffs. I just want this story to mercifully go away...finally.

Reaction Score
Who has the boneyard tear bucket? I really thought we'd be able to keep that thing hidden away for a while...

Reaction Score
That's basically saying "We reinstated the suspension because the commissioner can suspend who he wants for whatever he wants, evidence not required."
Which is exactly what the players union collectively bargained so they only have themselves (and their reps) to blame.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wonder now that Goodell has his win on authority, if he will reduce or lift the suspension. He looks like an idiot for sticking with it in the face of science, but he couldn't cave because he didn't want to relinquish league authority to discipline players. It would be a huge with for his and the NFL's reputation if he reduced or dropped the suspension.

Reaction Score
I wonder now that Goodell has his win on authority, if he will reduce or lift the suspension. He looks like an idiot for sticking with it in the face of science, but he couldn't cave because he didn't want to relinquish league authority to discipline players. It would be a huge with for his and the NFL's reputation if he reduced or dropped the suspension.
Do you really wonder this? Do you think there is any shot at all that after fighting this in court, Goodell will do that? It won't happen. And regardless of your opinion on the subject, every poll I've seen (both fans and NFL people) show that a pretty healthy majority believe that they deflated balls so I don't think he will suffer the public opinion crisis that you're predicting.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Do you really wonder this? Do you think there is any shot at all that after fighting this in court, Goodell will do that? It won't happen. And regardless of your opinion on the subject, every poll I've seen (both fans and NFL people) show that a pretty healthy majority believe that they deflated balls so I don't think he will suffer the public opinion crisis that you're predicting.

Then Brady will appeal again to the SCOTUS; who, unlike a Circuit Court, can do anything they want with it. Anyone who still believes balls were deflated either hates the Patriots or believed the original lies the league sent out to ESPN. The league actively published false information from the outset. I can see Goodell coming to his senses, and citing the ideal gas law, dropping it to one game for failure to cooperate.

Reaction Score
Then Brady will appeal again to the SCOTUS; who, unlike a Circuit Court, can do anything they want with it. Anyone who still believes balls were deflated either hates the Patriots or believed the original lies the league sent out to ESPN. The league actively published false information from the outset. I can see Goodell coming to his senses, and citing the ideal gas law, dropping it to one game for failure to cooperate.
They very well may appeal again but I can sit here quite confidently saying that Goodell will not decide by his own free will to reduce or drop the suspension. It's not happening. And it really doesn't matter what the truth is because outside of Pats fans, people widely feel that they did deflate balls. Perception is really all that matters when you start talking about how Goodell will look off of this.

Reaction Score
Not going to happen.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This story will be long-forgotten by the time the Pats reach their record 6th AFC title game in a row. Do we really have to put up with this again this summer? Maybe the 4 game suspension can be used to showcase Jimmy G, who can then be traded for the 1st round pick that the Patriots had taken away.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not going to happen.

I bet he will seek an En Banc review from the 2nd Circuit if the suspension isn't reduced. The Chief Judge of the Circuit dissented, rather strongly. That increases the chance that they hear it. SCOTUS wouldn't take it up as there is no Circuit split or critical Constitutional issue.

Reaction Score
I bet he will seek an En Banc review from the 2nd Circuit if the suspension isn't reduced. The Chief Judge of the Circuit dissented, rather strongly. That increases the chance that they hear it. SCOTUS wouldn't take it up as there is no Circuit split or critical Constitutional issue.
Would not get your hopes up for this either.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Yes!! Your boss could do that to you too.

Judges didn't like what he did to phone.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Interesting. I wonder what games when Brady plays are worth to the NFL. I am sure some would be pleased by this, but I wouldn't begrudge Brady if he said to the NFL "screw you, I retire" before serving the suspension.

McCann

Reaction Score
Interesting. I wonder what games when Brady plays are worth to the NFL. I am sure some would be pleased by this, but I wouldn't begrudge Brady if he said to the NFL "screw you, I retire" before serving the suspension.

McCann
Really? We're discussing the hypothetical of him retiring because of this? Maybe Goodell will be impaled by a unicorn and the next commissioner will rescind the suspension. Seems just as likely.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Really? We're discussing the hypothetical of him retiring because of this? Maybe Goodell will be impaled by a unicorn and the next commissioner will rescind the suspension. Seems just as likely.
I don't think he should ever have to serve the suspension and he's accomplished more than any other player in NFL history. He can walk away as the best ever. He'll still be the best ever if he serves the suspension, it really doesn't matter.

If there was one thing that should come out of this event, it should be that the NFLPA will force a change in the disciplinary process during the next CBA. It never ceases to amaze me that the sport that makes the most money does the most damage to their players and effectively treats them like dirt.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Which is exactly what the players union collectively bargained so they only have themselves (and their reps) to blame.
thank youuuuuu I have been saying this all along, the players union traded more $$$$$ for Goodel to have this power. this is the bed that the players union has made and now its time to lay in it.

Reaction Score
The real question is whther Brady has learned his lesson or will he still continue trying to break the rules.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
See now the NFLPA should have a sick out the first 4 games of the season. Time to organize boys!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
See now the NFLPA should have a sick out the first 4 games of the season. Time to organize boys!

They can do that...If you don't think the owners will have lined up 53 'scabs' to play those first four weeks you are crazy.

Too much revenue at stake - Stadium and TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom