Dear Stadium Management | The Boneyard

Dear Stadium Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would it put you out to wash the bird s!it off the seats. This amature hour crap is getting old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 109

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Show up at the entrance next game with a power washer. Tell them its a gift and that next week you're bringing them a clue.

Maybe they'll put them both together.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Working microphones would also be solid.

11 years.
Eleven.

You'd think after that long, the ref mic would work. Nope!

Reaction Score
The snarling/barking/rabid dog audio played at key moments during the game sounds like a saw or a car engine that won't start. Please make it stop.

Please re-record Coach Diaco's PSA about being responsible fans, choosing a designated sober driver, etc. His voice was so thin and high in tone that it sounded like he was in a room half filled with helium. I'm sure the piece was filmed after a day of practice and he was hoarse or otherwise under the weather. For all of his attention to detail, I'm surprised Coach let it be shown in the stadium.

Remind the band to stop playing when UCONN approaches the offensive line of scrimmage. They played through the snap on several plays.

Reaction Score
The snarling/barking/rabid dog audio played at key moments during the game sounds like a saw or a car engine that won't start. Please make it stop.

Please re-record Coach Diaco's PSA about being responsible fans, choosing a designated sober driver, etc. His voice was so thin and high in tone that it sounded like he was in a room half filled with helium. I'm sure the piece was filmed after a day of practice and he was hoarse or otherwise under the weather. For all of his attention to detail, I'm surprised Coach let it be shown in the stadium.

Remind the band to stop playing when UCONN approaches the offensive line of scrimmage. They played through the snap on several plays.

They also did the stupid Subway shuffle during a play as well.

Reaction Score

My girl liked that sound bite. She went from sounding cute to snarling at me. :|

The bird crap all over the seats was completely stupid. That's how you open a season? Or is this a taste of our budget while in the Murican? We have the fans. Do we have a competent football team and stadium management!?! At least the audio experience has gotten better. No more DJ Dogpound.

Reaction Score
No excuse for microphone ineptness. Also no excuse for referee ineptness. Like many other elements of last nights game, this is the week for fixes and adjustments.

Reaction Score
The first time I heard the snarling on 3rd down I was like "YES! THEY GOT RID OF WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!" Scott Van Pelt actually mocked us on the radio yesterday for playing that damn song so much during our games.

The second time I heard the snarling on 3rd down I thought it was annoying and wished they'd do something else. I mean, I dunno. Play "welcome to the jungle" or something.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
amory said:
The first time I heard the snarling on 3rd down I was like "YES! THEY GOT RID OF WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!" Scott Van Pelt actually mocked us on the radio yesterday for playing that damn song so much during our games. The second time I heard the snarling on 3rd down I thought it was annoying and wished they'd do something else. I mean, I dunno. Play "welcome to the jungle" or something.
I think people are so used to welcome to the jungle that it didn't get as loud as it should have with 35,000 people on third downs. Maybe they should bring it back? Or maybe I'm misremembering what a loud stadium sounds like?

Reaction Score
The pace of the game due to the penalties/tv timeouts was painfully slow making much of the experience boring. Another thing while I'm thinking about it. The wonderful ribbon boards that we are supposed to be so excited about is just a billboard full of advertisements. Except for the time/down/score that they show on either end of the board part of the time, they are completely worthless to the fans.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Would it put you out to wash the bird s!it off the seats. This amature hour crap is getting old.

Is that bird crap or Mormon Mother's milk?

Reaction Score
I was going to ask an usher for a pail of soapy water and a sponge but I changed my mind and stood for the 1st half and then grabbed a premium seat for the 2nd half.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
THIS. THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

Reaction Score
THIS. THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.
The barking/sawing/vinyl album scratching on 3rd downs was almost as annoying as the incessant bird screeching at Temple home games. Please, anything but that.

Reaction Score
It would also be nice if they shut the announcer up during the play as well, no need to hear an advertisement while there is a play going on. It was clearly barking from where I was sitting and it was pretty annoying.

Reaction Score
It would also be nice if they shut the announcer up during the play as well, no need to hear an advertisement while there is a play going on. It was clearly barking from where I was sitting and it was pretty annoying.

We might want to be a little more lenient with revenue sources.

Reaction Score
We might want to be a little more lenient with revenue sources.

It happens every game. Does the announcer even watch? A play is clearly starting and he starts to babble on, its annoying as hell.

Reaction Score
I think people are so used to welcome to the jungle that it didn't get as loud as it should have with 35,000 people on third downs. Maybe they should bring it back? Or maybe I'm misremembering what a loud stadium sounds like?
there were not 35,000 people at that stadium last night

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bring back DogPound DJ. We won with that guy.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bring back DogPound DJ. We won with that guy.
We still have the DJ, they just took his mike away last year. Thankfully.

I don't know how the Diaco's Playlist twitter thing is going to work out. The crowd chose some nu-faux-country-pop song but nobody seemed to be into it. Bring back Sandstorm. (Or be winning when the 3rd quarter starts, that's probably help too)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We still have the DJ, they just took his mike away last year. Thankfully.

I don't know how the Diaco's Playlist twitter thing is going to work out. The crowd chose some nu-faux-country-pop song but nobody seemed to be into it. Bring back Sandstorm. (Or be winning when the 3rd quarter starts, that's probably help too)
I'm building a playlist now - and you all can critique it. I'm going to show UConn media that IT IS NOT HARD TO FIND PUMP UP MUSIC. I'll be back in 20 minutes...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My stadium improvement wish list:

1. power washed seats before every season - completely agree 100% with this. There's no excuse to pay some dude a couple hundred bucks and have him go through the stadium aisles to power wish the off the seats.

2. I like the new concept of ordering food from outside the stadium before the gates open. But the food itself seemed like leftovers from last year. We want fresh food.

3. Wi-fi. Wanted to come online to the 'Yard last night at halftime to give my 1st half thoughts and couldn't get a connection. I don't know if my section is a dead spot of the stadium or what, but please add more cell towers to increase signal strength.

4. MORE REPLAYS. One big disadvantage of going to a game vs staying at home and watching on TV is that you are clueless as to 1) what is even being reviewed and 2) seeing a replay of the reviewed play. Then the refs come back to the crowd, you can't hear their mics and you never know what the hell happened. Show some g-damn replays and put the new video board to work.

5. Student bus schedule has to change. I am beyond tired of seeing "The best student section in the country" being a sea of metal bleachers for the first 5-10 mins of the 1st half and immediately following halftime. Enforce "no tailgating during games" for students only and chain them to their seats if you have to. And don't run a caravan of busses back to Storrs throughout the game. If you leave a game as a student, you have to have your ID scanned on the way out and your Gampel basketball tickets get revoked. Anything. Just figure out a way to keep our friggin' students at games throughout the WHOLE GAME. Seems silly to have the players sing the fight song with the band and sections of metal bleachers.

6. More band. Lead the 3rd down cheers with some pump-up band songs.

7. Dairy Bar. I will request this until it actually happens.

8. Open the damn gates earlier. 6 hours before kickoff. RV lots for out of towners open 24 hours early.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
My stadium improvement wish list:

1. power washed seats before every season - completely agree 100% with this. There's no excuse to pay some dude a couple hundred bucks and have him go through the stadium aisles to power wish the off the seats.

2. I like the new concept of ordering food from outside the stadium before the gates open. But the food itself seemed like leftovers from last year. We want fresh food.

3. Wi-fi. Wanted to come online to the 'Yard last night at halftime to give my 1st half thoughts and couldn't get a connection. I don't know if my section is a dead spot of the stadium or what, but please add more cell towers to increase signal strength.

4. MORE REPLAYS. One big disadvantage of going to a game vs staying at home and watching on TV is that you are clueless as to 1) what is even being reviewed and 2) seeing a replay of the reviewed play. Then the refs come back to the crowd, you can't hear their mics and you never know what the hell happened. Show some g-damn replays and put the new video board to work.

5. Student bus schedule has to change. I am beyond tired of seeing "The best student section in the country" being a sea of metal bleachers for the first 5-10 mins of the 1st half and immediately following halftime. Enforce "no tailgating during games" for students only and chain them to their seats if you have to. And don't run a caravan of busses back to Storrs throughout the game. If you leave a game as a student, you have to have your ID scanned on the way out and your Gampel basketball tickets get revoked. Anything. Just figure out a way to keep our friggin' students at games throughout the WHOLE GAME. Seems silly to have the players sing the fight song with the band and sections of metal bleachers.

6. More band. Lead the 3rd down cheers with some pump-up band songs.

7. Dairy Bar. I will request this until it actually happens.

8. Open the damn gates earlier. 6 hours before kickoff. RV lots for out of towners open 24 hours early.

I agree on everything @Dooley wrote... Also, I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but I haven't seen the restrooms in that bad of shape since the end of the Michigan game last year. How were they that trashed before halftime with a 35,150 crowd in attendance? Between that and the dirty bleachers this new management company isn't doing the best.

I did like the new signage with the American Conference teams on it. Kind of a nice addition. Completed ribbon boards all around the stadium would be nicer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom