DC Al Goh of Georgia Tech fired today | The Boneyard

DC Al Goh of Georgia Tech fired today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sports/2012/10/08/al-groh-fired-at-tech/

Al Groh fired at Tech

2:44 pm October 8, 2012, by Ken Sugiura
Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Al Groh has been relieved of his duties, effective immediately. The school will hold a news conference at 3:30 p.m.

HFDan awoke last night in the middle of a dream:

George Deleone fired at UConn

2:44 pm October 8, 2012, by Desmond Conner
UConn offensive coordinator George Deleone has been relieved of his duties, effective immediately. The school will hold a news conference at 3:30 p.m.

Just for the Courant chat participants the above is pure satire. It is not real. It is also pathetic that I have to be so explicit in stating as much.

Reaction Score
Go Groh or Groh home... he is a Bill Parcell disciple. He can't be bad.

sarcasm meter.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
funny how all these schools are big time and we aren't. show us somethign warde!

Reaction Score
Hmm, imagine that. A HC who has no problem placing blame on the coaches and then taking action, mid-seaon no less. I know that Tech alums are screaming for Paul Johnson's head to roll, too. Losing makes everyone grumpy.

Reaction Score
Hmm, imagine that. A HC who has no problem placing blame on the coaches and then taking action, mid-seaon no less. I know that Tech alums are screaming for Paul Johnson's head to roll, too. Losing makes everyone grumpy.

You mean not just HFD and TDH??

Reaction Score
GDL needs to go now. He won't though, and we'll slog to another 5 win season.

His offense was brutal last year, but at least showed some signs of improvement and ran the ball a bit (although not up to UConn standards). This year, with his extended responsibility, the OL and the offense has regressed to the point of being completely lost. We not only haven't seen improvement, but we've regressed signficantly. The time for him to go is now.

Reaction Score
At what point in time does the lack of results on run plays, blocking and play calling execution require a change in course by coaches? If guys have not got it after all last year, spring ball, summer on their own, summer practice and 6 games - coaches have to take the lead in making adjustments.
When results fail to meet requirements got to change something - this isn't go to Home Depo and get a better saw blade; players are the players and aren't going to get smarter, stronger, faster by Saturday. What changes can the coaches make to get better offensive performance. I know could get special teams TD, defensive TD, lot of turnovers, short fields - but what can the coaches do to make the offense better. Coaches must have asked themselves that before the Rutgers game and got 3 points and gave up field position to kill the defense. So coaches were wrong. What's the ideas for this week?

Median team in NCAA div 1 is scoring 29 points a game (not average but median) while Uconn scores less than 20 (110 out of 120). We score less points per game than Army and Memphis. The only BCS school that scores less per game than Uconn is Auburn (funny how I mentioned in another thread where a couple of year ago Uconn would have challengd for a NC if it had Scam Newton and Fairly - guess Auburn is seeing how hard to score without and win without Scam and Fairly).

Reaction Score
Someone should mail that to HCPP. But then he'll pull an Edsall and say it's all about execution.

Reaction Score
I don't think a college coach should be fired mid-season, especially an assistant. GDL should be given his walking papers in December.

Reaction Score
I don't think a college coach should be fired mid-season, especially an assistant. GDL should be given his walking papers in December.

But it can be effective @ times... as Mark Ennis @Mengus22 pointed out yesterday - Remember when Houston lost to Texas St. in the opener and fired its off. coordinator? UH had 623 yards in a win over N. Texas Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom