David Singleton (CG) | The Boneyard

David Singleton (CG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Big, strong, smart SG from Torrance, Ca (Ollie's neighborhood) who's playing on ESPNU right now. Generally regarded as a top 50 player in 2018, but he's a year older and can -- I think -- reclass to 2017.

Kid's got a sweet stroke.

Matrim55

Reaction Score

EDIT: Currently 5-for-7 vs. Montverde, all catch-and-shoot 3s. Kid's stroke is so quick & economical, and his footwork is very good.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Where'd you hear whispers about reclass from?
Friend works in the shoe biz & is involved in AAU here in california. To put it into perspective: Singleton is six months older than Tyler Polley, and just 13 months younger than Steven Enoch. So if he stays in the class of 2018, he wouldn't play his first college game until he's already 20 years old.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Friend works in the shoe biz & is involved in AAU here in california. To put it into perspective: Singleton is six months older than Tyler Polley, and just 13 months younger than Steven Enoch. So if he stays in the class of 2018, he wouldn't play his first college game until he's already 20 years old.
So if he doesn't reclassify he's heading to Pitt.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I like combo guards, having the skills of both a PG and SG in highschool means he'll likely be good at one position, and increased flexibility. One of Singleton and Ayala could be a PG while the other a SG but we get to figure out where they're best suited.

Reaction Score
I like combo guards, having the skills of both a PG and SG in highschool means he'll likely be good at one position, and increased flexibility. One of Singleton and Ayala could be a PG while the other a SG but we get to figure out where they're best suited.
I don't think it's possible to get both .

Reaction Score
Rather have Singleton from what I've seen and what scouts have said. Need another good shooter. Hopefully we're recruiting him for next season

Reaction Score
Really like him, great shooter.

We need this player or an exact replica.

Reaction Score
I like him too, but if people complained about Vance Jackson's form on his jumper, then they would have a field day criticizing Singleton in his first two months as a college athlete.
His shooting form is really weird, shoots it like a girl/Shawn Marion style from his chest.

Reaction Score
I like him too, but if people complained about Vance Jackson's form on his jumper, then they would have a field day criticizing Singleton in his first two months as a college athlete.
If it goes in it goes in, I think most people were complaining that Jackson was so cold earlier in the season rather than his form.

Reaction Score
If it goes in it goes in, I think most people were complaining that Jackson was so cold earlier in the season rather than his form.
It wasn't many, and I don't remember who, but there were a handful of people who said his form was awful and he'd never develop into a the shooter he was hyped up to be

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His shooting form is really weird, shoots it like a girl/Shawn Marion style from his chest.

He's hit every single shot I've ever seen him take.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It wasn't many, and I don't remember who, but there were a handful of people who said his form was awful and he'd never develop into a the shooter he was hyped up to be

They said/say that about the Ball Bros too.

Reaction Score
They said/say that about the Ball Bros too.
This is exactly what I think of anytime someone mentions bad shooting form. And I'm sure it'll be topic number 1 all spring after Lonzo declares for the NBA draft. Eventually you just have to accept he's going to find a way to keep making the shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom