David Benedict is what we thought he is ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

David Benedict is what we thought he is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have the great respect for President Susan Herbst AD Dave Benedict courageous move. It was not an easy decision to let BD go.
Credit is due for doing what had to be done. The only courage required was doing what was needed to be done in the face of a culture that doesn't like to think big. Kudos for thinking not Luke a Connecticut yankee.

Reaction Score
The team didn't care about BS. They know they can't win with him. Go watch the video from last year's St Pete Bowl, he was awful. 86 passing yards and 213 total yards

It only tells us what was obvious if you watched this team. They saw HCBD quit on them by sitting Shirreffs, and from that moment on they quit on him.

Reaction Score
The team didn't care about BS. They know they can't win with him. Go watch the video from last year's St Pete Bowl, he was awful. 86 passing yards and 213 total yards

He was awful in St. Pete. It was like it was his first live action after getting cold cocked or something.

Everyone on here has figured out you are all Schlick. You can have the last word on this -- you won't get any more responses from me.

Reaction Score
I wonder when exactly Dave B. made the decision ? How long has he been keeping an eye out for the next coach ? Hope the new hire process is now not just getting started. I wonder if he spoke to Charlie Strong before USF hired him ? AAC head coaches are falling by the wayside at record pace !

Reaction Score
Source? Or are you just somehow connected? The fact that they're excited and don't even know who the new coach is speaks volumes.
Mid-way through the season I was told first-hand by someone inside the SID that the players had quit on the coaching staff. Pretty damning. Now, a scholarship player should never quit, but it is what it is. Some of these players were told they would get more catches, more PT, etc. and didn't so the implosion occurred. Honestly, some of the players should not be guaranteed their spot on the depth chart if they did quit on the team.

Reaction Score
This hire will indeed be Benedict's legacy. Whoever it is will be well-vetted, not based on an impressive, enthusiastic interview.
Full support will also be given to the new HC as well as the Assistant Coaches, etc. DB was never going to give his all to support BD (new OC, etc) because he knew it was throwing good money after bad. This program is now about to experience a resurgence the likes of which we may never have expected possible a few days ago. How do I know? I just know.

It's Chip Kelley, I know it! New England guy no? Woohoo

Reaction Score
The offense is still likely to be offensive for awhile. But at least we'll be rebuilding towards a 21st Century game-plan and hopefully forcing the other team to take away options instead of taking them off the table at the outset.
Maybe hire someone who is ok with returning punts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom