Dave Wingett | The Boneyard

Dave Wingett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid is forreal. At one point he lead his team to 50 straight wins. I know they're C-2 in Nebraska, but the kid has talent. He's very raw as I feel not many know or have seen a player like him around this area. I've seen him and Mike Gesell play, former Iowa Guard who now plays professionally over seas, and Wingett is by far the greater talent. Take a look at some of his more recent highlights.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also has had games of 50+ points & 16+ boards. Again competition isn't very tough, but I believe he averaged 28+ ppg last season as a junior and this season is doing the same. His teams only loss this season came to Omaha Central in which he scored 40 points had 10+ boards and 7 blocks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He has some hops, but there's nothing in any of the clips of this kid that makes me think he's anything but a good high school kid playing very bad competition.

Reaction Score
Is there nothing else going on in Nebraska? I mean, those stands are packed and people are going wild. I have to admit, it is entertaining seeing him riding a kid like a donkey after a dunk. That was 10x better than passing it to himself off a backboard because in the latter, the 2 defenders played like hapless idiots. The blonde kid with the mop hair on the other hand may never live that down.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He took about 37 steps before the backboard pass to himself.

Reaction Score
Can he shoot and grab rebounds? The dunk is not more impressive than most of our current roster can do right now, everyone over 6'5".

Reaction Score
When I used to think of Nebraska I thought of Tom Osborne, Tommie Frazier and Lawrence Phillips. Now it's Dave Wingett every time, kid has reached legend status.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Kid can't even get a look by Nebraska-Omaha and theres 10+ threads on him on a UConn message board. Makes perfect sense.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Striper69 has been on this kid for 2 years. MaxPreps has him #461 in class of'17. Offers from NDakota, SDakotaSt, and Texas-Rio Grande Valley. What's not to like?

Reaction Score
Update on everyone's favorite recruit: Chatelain: His star still rising, Winnebago's David Wingett honing game in hope of Division I offer

He has offers from several Summit League schools and a few Division I programs in Texas. Nebraska is still in the picture, too.

“He has a lot of big jucos after him,” Winnebago coach Jeff Berridge said.

Wingett isn’t crazy about that idea.

“No juco,” he said, pausing for a moment. “Maybe. We’ll see.”

Wingett’s defense is still a concern for college coaches — Winnebago’s system and competition don’t force him to master man-to-man fundamentals. But his offensive skill set is Division I-ready.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
he's going to JUCO. Nice update on him in the beginning part of this segment:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So he has one offer - Texas Rio-Grande - and he's not on track to qualify which means he really needs a junior college. I don't think you can qualify via the prep route any more.

Nice story, but not remotely of any consequence to UConn and the promotional posts can probably stop.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
So he has one offer - Texas Rio-Grande - and he's not on track to qualify which means he really needs a junior college. I don't think you can qualify via the prep route any more.

Nice story, but not remotely of any consequence to UConn and the promotional posts can probably stop.

Why stop now? He's just now getting pub!

I'm about to post a thread about every plays on my team with the tag "2018 recruiting."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom