Dave Wingett | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dave Wingett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dave Wingett 2 Nite!

I'm confused. No one in that video did anything resembling Division 1 level talent....so which one is the next Michael Jordan? I hope it's not the guy who dunked, there's probably about 5,000 of him in high school hoops across the country right now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I heard Dave Wingett works at a car wash in NC. The 4 best high school ballers I saw in person are Tyler Olander, Doug Wiggins, Tommy Myers (TE on the football team who averaged 23 pts 20 rbs his senior year at Coventry), and Pat Eagan (played baseball and hoops at Quinnipiac, got drafted by the Orioles and was on track to the majors, may have had some cups of coffee even, until blood clots in his throwing arm forced him into early retirement. )

Anyways. These guys were all marginal D1 players and would absolutely destroy this kids.

Reaction Score
I heard Dave Wingett works at a car wash in NC. The 4 best high school ballers I saw in person are Tyler Olander, Doug Wiggins, Tommy Myers (TE on the football team who averaged 23 pts 20 rbs his senior year at Coventry), and Pat Eagan (played baseball and hoops at Quinnipiac, got drafted by the Orioles and was on track to the majors, may have had some cups of coffee even, until blood clots in his throwing arm forced him into early retirement. )

Anyways. These guys were all marginal D1 players and would absolutely destroy this kids.

That's just a really untrue statement. Wingett will have a much better college career (somewhere) than Olander. In fact, I would bet that at some point he averages double figures at a D1 school. That said, I highly doubt UCONN will ever be interested in him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That's just a really untrue statement. Wingett will have a much better college career (somewhere) than Olander. In fact, I would bet that at some point he averages double figures at a D1 school. That said, I highly doubt UCONN will ever be interested in him.

Olander would've put up a double-double by his senior year if he were at UND or UTRGV.

Reaction Score

C'mon, these videos are absurd. A lead-footed (he is slow as molasses) skinny dude dunking over a bunch of 5-11 kids? There's nothing that stands out about these videos whatsoever. The OP is a family friend or whatever and I get that we're all indulging this but it's frankly cringeworthy that someone thought that Jay Bilas would be interested in that video.

Reaction Score
C'mon, these videos are absurd. A lead-footed (he is slow as molasses) skinny dude dunking over a bunch of 5-11 kids? There's nothing that stands out about these videos whatsoever. The OP is a family friend or whatever and I get that we're all indulging this but it's frankly cringeworthy that someone thought that Jay Bilas would be interested in that video.
The guy posting is like Trump tweeting. You want it to stop. It needs to stop. Anyone with a brain knows it should stop. And yet he keeps doing it. It's starting to borderline on creepy, his infatuation with this kid....I wonder if it's contained just to this board because someone humored him, or does he spend his days and nights posting this garbage on every D1 school's message boards, hoping someone is stoned and thinks the kid has talent? I don't know, but it's certainly run its course here, hopefully he'll go away.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The guy posting is like Trump tweeting. You want it to stop. It needs to stop. Anyone with a brain knows it should stop. And yet he keeps doing it. It's starting to borderline on creepy, his infatuation with this kid....I wonder if it's contained just to this board because someone humored him, or does he spend his days and nights posting this garbage on every D1 school's message boards, hoping someone is stoned and thinks the kid has talent? I don't know, but it's certainly run its course here, hopefully he'll go away.

I looked through some of the guy's posts. His knowledge of the sport appears to be confined to HS and collegiate teams within the state of Nebraska. I don't think he gets that the basketball world extends far beyond his doorstep.

Reaction Score
Maybe the kid is a helluva shooter and really has serious game but these highlights are just comical. You could make a better reel from the 3rd best guy at a LA Fitness weekday run.

Reaction Score

FYI- Since I sent Bilas the video there have been over 300 views...

Reaction Score
FYI- Since I sent Bilas the video there have been over 300 views...

FYI if you're a troll this is great work but if you're not I feel bad that you think that Jay Bilas would be interested in this kid. You should watch more basketball.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Striper keep up the good work. Keep the cowbell comin'.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Then next thing you know, he's our presi....starting small forward!

Don't give up hope!

Reaction Score
Word I got this weekend...he's headed to Nebraska.

You're right...he's too skinny anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger