Darius Hamilton commits to Rutgers | The Boneyard

Darius Hamilton commits to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry jumped the gun on this one. He hasn't committed yet. He's announcing his decision on Mike Quick's show tomorrow. I read the tweet wrong.

Reaction Score
Also on the recruiting special, new Rutgers HC Kyle Flood and Syracuse HC Doug Marrone. 8pm on MSG Varsity.

Reaction Score
If he does end up choosing Rutgers, Pernetti will have accomplished what he wanted to with the hire of Flood. I hope for Rutgers sake this works out in the long run....I have my doubts though. I talked to my buddy who lives in central NJ yesterday, he played at UConn and has a pulse of what is going on in NJ hs football. He doesn't think Flood was a good hire for Rutty...thinks it will be good for us cruiting wise in NJ.

Reaction Score
It's official per MaxPreps on twitter...Hamilton to Rutgers. Jared Odrick of the Dolphins put out a tweet looking for recomendations of schools for his brother (DE Julian Pinnix- Odrick) to look at after "he had a fast one pulled on him by Rutgers".

Reaction Score
If he does end up choosing Rutgers, Pernetti will have accomplished what he wanted to with the hire of Flood. I hope for Rutgers sake this works out in the long run....I have my doubts though. I talked to my buddy who lives in central NJ yesterday, he played at UConn and has a pulse of what is going on in NJ hs football. He doesn't think Flood was a good hire for Rutty...thinks it will be good for us cruiting wise in NJ.

Of course he'll say that. He played for UCONN.

But, I'll temper my enthusiasm on the hire. However, my cousin played with Flood, and have had he was a team Captain at Iona, the guy knows his X's and O's. However, I know that doesn't translate into coaching. I'm pretty sure that all Flood needs is a top notch DC, and we already have Cigs on the staff as OC, and the rest of the staff has remained somewhat intact. Somewhat. We'll see how this turns out.

Reaction Score
It's official per MaxPreps on twitter...Hamilton to Rutgers. Jared Odrick of the Dolphins put out a tweet looking for recomendations of schools for his brother (DE Julian Pinnix- Odrick) to look at after "he had a fast one pulled on him by Rutgers".

Apparently Odrick visited SU this past weekend (maybe got his RU offer pulled cause of it)

Maybe SU gets him. We offered but...

Reaction Score
Apparently Odrick visited SU this past weekend (maybe got his RU offer pulled cause of it)

Maybe SU gets him. We offered but...

Didn't know all that extra detail, but I was just thinking of the Dez "maybe a surprise" comment and the news that Odrick's scholly was pulled and the fact that we offered. Just me connecting dots that shouldn't be connected but who knows.

Reaction Score
Of course he'll say that. He played for UCONN.

My buddy is NJ born and bred...part of a past history of Rutgers jerking off NJ HS kids in the 90's before Schiano arrived. He turned down a scholarship at Rutgers to take one at UConn. I wish you guys well with this hire...who knows we could both be looking for a HC in a few years if our guys don't pan out.

Reaction Score
Looks like Odrick reaffirmed his commitment to RU. All the class has remained intact except for Giacone and I'm hearing they'll be a couple of positive surprises today also. Have heard Flood speak twice now and have to say he sounds quite impressive. I say that because no assistant was allowed to speak publicly under Schiano.

Reaction Score
My buddy is NJ born and bred...part of a past history of Rutgers jerking off NJ HS kids in the 90's before Schiano arrived. He turned down a scholarship at Rutgers to take one at UConn. I wish you guys well with this hire...who knows we could both be looking for a HC in a few years if our guys don't pan out.

I'm not sure to what you're alluding to, but back then, even when the stadium was newly built, we were unable to get the top recruits. Under Shea...well...you don't know as much...it was a huge clusterf@*#$! Under GS, he took it to different heights; even if those heights were a bit above average. With Flood, we shall see where we go from here. For now it's working out. But like I said, as excited as I am about this class, I'll make the first judgement after the spring game, and then the final judgement after the first official game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom