Daredevil - Netflix | The Boneyard

Daredevil - Netflix

Reaction Score
This is something different from Marvel and definitely NOT your usual superhero fare. Really good and worth a watch in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Yes, very dark for a Marvel superhero. Honestly thought Christopher Nolan had a hand in this. Really good though, I'm about 5 episodes in.

Reaction Score
Three episodes in and not sure. Different scale. The Avengers are supposed to save the Universe, Daredevil gets to save the neighborhood.

I like how it is tied in to the Marvel universe, takes place right after the battle of Manhattan.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'll watch season one, but so far I'm not impressed.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
was very impressed. I'm a DC guy but have to admit that Marvel did it right by signing a deal with Netflix for its other comic heroes. Hopefully they re-boot punisher in this mold as well eventually.

Reaction Score
was very impressed. I'm a DC guy but have to admit that Marvel did it right by signing a deal with Netflix for its other comic heroes. Hopefully they re-boot punisher in this mold as well eventually.

The Punisher would be a no brainer for this format and would fit in nicely with what they are doing here.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched it yet. Daredevil introduced me to the Marvel Universe when my cousin handed me edition #2 while on summer vacation as a pre-teen. (DD's original uniform was yellow with a black vest garment.) God, I'm getting old (OR waxing nostalgic!)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
was very impressed. I'm a DC guy but have to admit that Marvel did it right by signing a deal with Netflix for its other comic heroes.

I'm not a Marvel fan but I am going to give this a try. Daredevil has always been their best hero. Plus, I just found out Vincent D'Onofrio is the Kingpin.

Reaction Score
So I think Marvel and Disney are being really smart here. There will be a Daredevil series and then a few other series with "B List" Marvel characters. Although Daredevil for a time with Frank Miller was the best book they made but that was quite a while ago.

Eventually the heroes will come together and form "The Defenders" and they will basically have a TV version of the Avengers. Pretty smart.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm not a Marvel fan but I am going to give this a try. Daredevil has always been their best hero. Plus, I just found out Vincent D'Onofrio is the Kingpin.

Vincent does an amazing job.

Reaction Score
So I think Marvel and Disney are being really smart here. There will be a Daredevil series and then a few other series with "B List" Marvel characters. Although Daredevil for a time with Frank Miller was the best book they made but that was quite a while ago.

Eventually the heroes will come together and form "The Defenders" and they will basically have a TV version of the Avengers. Pretty smart.

Man has that guy left his mark. Daredevil, Sin City, 300 and not to mention what he did with Batman, which ended up being much of the inspiration for the latest version of that character. The guy really did some great work.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Man has that guy left his mark. Daredevil, Sin City, 300 and not to mention what he did with Batman, which ended up being much of the inspiration for the latest version of that character. The guy really did some great work.

He really did. I was a fan of Batman but never really was a comic book reader but learned to appreciate what Miller did.

Reaction Score
It's in my que, haven't watched yet, wondering if Hydra is in the story lines, was a big DD comic fan, hated the first movie with Ben Afflec. Will definitely tune in

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just finished and enjoyed in very much. I couldn't stand Foggy in comic book either.

Reaction Score
Finished the first season. Overall, I was captivated. Didn't like the killing of Ben Urich at the hands of Kingpin. While it makes for good television, it's not true to the Comic story line. Over the years, Urich has been a confidential source for both Daredevil & Spider Man. Writing him out of the story line at this early juncture leads me to believe that Netflix is giving this program a limited timeframe.

Reaction Score
Finished the first season. Overall, I was captivated. Didn't like the killing of Ben Urich at the hands of Kingpin. While it makes for good television, it's not true to the Comic story line. Over the years, Urich has been a confidential source for both Daredevil & Spider Man. Writing him out of the story line at this early juncture leads me to believe that Netflix is giving this program a limited timeframe.

Most of the Marvel stuff hasn't been all that true to the comics. I think at one point Murdoch dies and Urich takes over as Daredevil. But since the TV show is nested in the Marvel Cinema Universe they are definitely reengineering some things. It sounds to me like there will be more tv series but they will continue the story through other characters like Luke Cage, Punisher etc.

Other that Guardians of the Galaxy, I really don't think the Marvel movies are all that. I saw The Avengers last weekend and I barely remember any of it. It's like the movie equivalent of Chinese Food. Tasty but forgettable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn't like them killing off Ben Urich either. Seemed unnecessary to me. But an incorruptible newspaper reporter these days is harder to believe than a blind crime-fighter.

Reaction Score
I didn't like them killing off Ben Urich either. Seemed unnecessary to me. But an incorruptible newspaper reporter these days is harder to believe than a blind crime-fighter.
Damn... too true.

I am with you all on them killing Urich. I think they had to give levity to kingpin by killing someone who wasn't a "Rachel Dawes" (i.e. introduced just to be killed). Considering the spiderman ownership at Sony, they don't have any daily bugle staff to work with. Pretty disappointing. Maybe Robbie Robertson can fill the void if there is a need.

I feel like these netflix series are looked at by the writers as a "limited" series. So they know they have X issues (episodes) to make their mark. Of course with Ben Urich and Zoe Barnes, I wouldn't want to be a reporter who digs on netflix series.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom