Danielle Patterson down to four (none of them are UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Danielle Patterson down to four (none of them are UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
jordyG - as I relayed in another recent thread... all precincts have Sedona a priority target for UConn. She is a potential Stud at the next level . With her 6'7" size, there is enough mobility , skill & apetite for the game to be an Elite post player in college. ( as always which coaching staff a Post player goes to is a distinguishable variable )

Reaction Score
charliebball - I had not heard or seen any confirmation of Official change with Danielle.... BUT she did play with Postivie Direction (aau program ) in last weekend's
Rose Classic games

Thanks for that.....BTW did you notice that my favorite player Christyn Williams whom we discussed after Boo Williams has moved up to #2 on ESPN 2018 rankings just as you predicted.........just didn't think it would happen so quickly.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
in the simply "just saying " category..... Danielle Patterson's list of 4 is old news.
going back to the Fall.. I used to correspond with Danielle & her Father a lot.
Danielle is a true sweetheart of a young lady.
In the spirit of wanting to see the best for her... I'm not in love with a couple of those options in her remaining 4. Especially with ALL the schools that were courting her.( one man's opinion )
Any possibility you could elaborate?

Reaction Score
So, like Orangutan and others have said, if ND coaches have seen things they want/like in these kids, that's good enough for me.
I hear Muffet breathing a sigh of relief. :)

Reaction Score
Coach Bill. Love your insight. You say that Sedona Prince is a priority for UConn. Do you think UConn would take both Charli Collier and Sedona Prince? Is UConn still in the mix with Charli Collier?

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
ucalum - thank U !
I certainly haven't spoken to Geno / Asst coach....but I def do believe that UConn would take both Charli & Sedona.
By the time the 2018 class arrives, Butler will be gone & Stevens will be a senior. imo..UConn will need to bring in 2 "Bigs" from 2018 class.
Would imagine Geno jumping all over opportunity to have a Frontcourt combo of Prince & Collier. ( 3 yrs as potential starters ).

PS. I am a big fan of Kyla Irwin

Def have not heard anything having changed with Charli & UConn. spoke to her today for a couple minutes, but did not talk Recruiting.
Cannot say enough... she is a Wonderful young lady.

Reaction Score
I see that she has moved way up in the ESPN rankings but I was not thrilled with her play at Boo Williams recently.....saw several NJ Sparks games on the Cube and she played OK but not up to that ranking........if I'm not mistaken the Sparks had a multi-player mutiny after that tournament including Patterson, don't know her new AAU home

Nice. I've learned, recently, to never second guess Geno or to put thoughts in his head that are not there. Some here said he'd NEVER take a transfer--hello Azura!
Same is true of those on whose list he isn't--as has been said often Uconn WBB isn't for everyone (and Uconn does not want EVERYONE)..

Reaction Score
I see that she has moved way up in the ESPN rankings but I was not thrilled with her play at Boo Williams recently.....saw several NJ Sparks games on the Cube and she played OK but not up to that ranking........if I'm not mistaken the Sparks had a multi-player mutiny after that tournament including Patterson, don't know her new AAU home

ESPN rankings make so little sense to me over the past few years. These new rankings are a good example. Their new 2017 rankings are dramatically different from their last one. How do they justify changing Patterson so dramatically as well as so many others when AAU has barely started? Based on high school performance?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
ESPN rankings make so little sense to me over the past few years. These new rankings are a good example. Their new 2017 rankings are dramatically different from their last one. How do they justify changing Patterson so dramatically as well as so many others when AAU has barely started? Based on high school performance?

That recent Jump is not explainable by her recent play (AAU or HS) + AAU turmoil on the team. Seems like ESPN was determine to write a feature and bumped her ranking to coincide with the article.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score

I have long thought that the only Rankings that hold the most credibility are one's at end of summer. At that point a high school season & full aau season have been completed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do wonder about the freshman transfer from KY Camara and whether there will be any contact/interest in her - she has said she will complete exams before beginning her search for a new school and she is a NYer who I gather Uconn had some interest in recruiting in HS.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In terms of rankings - the idea of having meaningful rankings of 15 - 16 year-olds is part of the problem I think - while there is some exposure and you can begin to get a sense of who likely will be in the top 50+/- and maybe a few kids that have developed really quickly or stand out as physical oddities and will likely be in the top ten, they are still really young and only just developing within team concepts and physically developing the muscle mass to really be able to perform. To say one will be in the 40s in two years and one will be in the teens is complete guess work and is based on such limited viewing of the total pool of players.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
You're telling me she *wasn't* waiting for our approval with bated breath? ;):D

I was actually walking across the Notre Dame campus today with the intent of.....packing all my daughter's stuff up and bringing her home to New Jersey on Saturday following her sophomore year. I shot a few hoops behind the bookstore, saw how great everything looked on campus and didn't think about this, that or anything else WCBB. (And I'm sure Muffet didn't lose any sleep....;):D:rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
.packing all my daughter's stuff up and bringing her home to New Jersey on Saturday following her sophomore year.
Hope she had an enjoyable and productive sophomore year and that she has a restful summer as well.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Does your daughter wish she had gone to Stanford instead?lol

:confused: Not this one...she's had that clover imprinted in her heart for as long as I can remember.:D
Interestingly, the family that lives directly behind me in New Jersey had two kids and split their allegiances between Stanford and Notre Dame.....

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hope she had an enjoyable and productive sophomore year and that she has a restful summer as well.

Thanks much. She did have just that, from studies and on-campus work to clubs/extra-curricular activity (writes/edits for the magazine). She's pretty much had it and did a good job of sleeping on Route 80. Some time off to rest up before starting up a good internship this summer. Good to have her back for the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom