Dangerfield commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dangerfield commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So this year we have two #1 players in KML and Stewie.
Next year two #1 players in Stewie and KLS
The following year.... KLS and Walker? Can we dream?

We had KML and Stewie together for three years...
We had Moore and Charles for three years...

UCONN has a record for #1 players :)

Reaction Score
I agree with you. She's liked UCONN for awhile. But, if Durr had selected UCONN then it would have probably impacted Dangerfield's decision as well. That's how it goes. Durr, Cooper, and Dangerfield were never going to be on the same college team. They are each elite guards that want to LEAD a team.
The reason why Dangerfield picked UConn is moot, and not really what is generating all the verbal hubbub. To me, the true issue is that a top recruit from the State of Tennessee has committed to UConn. It's another upsetting sign of the Lady Vols diminishing influence in the world of women's basketball.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
No one has pointed out that UConn will have yet another CD. The Boneyard is slipping up ...

Will Ms. Dangerfield be Crystal Dangerfield?
CD III?
CD The Even Younger?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller with all kinds of goodies:

Well, Blackman High School lost just one game during Dangerfield's sophomore season and the defeat was at the hands of Incarnate Word Academy in St. Louis (whose best player is UConn Class of 2015 commit Napheesa Collier) so I spoke to IWA head coach Dan Rolfes tonight to get his impressions of Dangerfield since the teams split highly-competitive games a season ago.

"I remember her very well," Rolfes said. "Just like a super quick, super fast athletic point guard. In the game that we lost, we got down and we are a very athletic team but we could not press her. She is just a one-man press breaker."

Does he think she has similar potential as Jefferson did coming out of high school?

"No doubt about it. She has a great jumper, she has a jumper like a guy, a legit jumper. She can dribble penetrate and pull up in the paint."

Dangerfield's commitment gives UConn a head start on what could be a challenging recruiting year. The Huskies have a top-notch group of freshmen in Sadie Edwards, Courtney Ekmark, Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams. I've spoken to more than one women's basketball insider who believe the next batch of recruits (Collier, De;Janae Boykin and Katie Lou Samuelson) has the potential to rival one of UConn coach Geno Auriemma's most talented classes. Historically, it has been a challenge to secure commitments from elite players following a class like the one the Huskies have coming in next year so to get a top five national recruit like Dangerfield is a major bonus.

"He just gets great athletes with skill," Rolfes said. "You look at the balance they they've got. You have kind of a do it all in Napheesa Collier, you have a crazy fast athletic point guard, Katie Lou can shoot lights out and you size and you have another big post player in De'Janae."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/10/rival-coach-uconn-commit-dangerfield.html

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The reason why Dangerfield picked UConn is moot, and not really what is generating all the verbal hubbub. To me, the true issue is that a top recruit from the State of Tennessee has committed to UConn. It's another upsetting sign of the Lady Vols diminishing influence in the world of women's basketball.

Weird. It's not upsetting to me in the least.

Reaction Score

The talk of CD's verbal on VolNation is quite interesting, with postings ranging from "epic failure by Holly, one that'll haunt her..." to "she's really good, maybe she'll change her mind" to "...Dangerfield will be cutting down nets for Geno." :))

Reaction Score
the dangerous one has a well trained off hand; very nice trait in bag of tricks

N.B.: notice the backpedalling on d after impressive offensive move

the body language is superb

ms dangerous is very hyped energy personified as she moves back she is bouncing off balls of feet

this is the bold statement to opponent; it means this game has just entered the danger zone and its over because I am now comin to get you

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Dangerfield never felt any pressure to commit early, Lady Blaze coach Chad Hibdon said.

“There was never any pressure for her to commit,” Hibdon said. “Over the last three or four months she’s been narrowing down her choices.

“I think she wanted to do it after the season at some point. But as things played out and as the recruiting maturation went on with other people signing people, she narrowed it down to two or three schools. She was comfortable with things. And Connecticut was her last place that she was taking a visit.”

I think that pretty much proves my point from earlier. People signing elsewhere narrowed her choices, which is a natural and common thing. I hope she has a great career and wish her all the best.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/10/19/dangerfield-commits-connecticut/17591049/
LOL it does zero to prove your point, but if you want to believe that it's certainly your right. As I said before, Crystal has been on UCONN's radar for a very long time. She first noticed UCONN when she was 7 or 8 years old. I've been hearing tidbits about her intense interest in UCONN and vice versa for at least a year. But yeah, the reason she didn't choose Tennessee was because of the Cooper commit, which occurred only 4 months ago.

To think that 2 elite guards can't exist on the same team is delusional. Diana and Sue did it years ago and did pretty well together. If Crystal really liked Tennessee or had any interest in playing there, unless she felt that Tennessee had 2 elite guards that she'd be playing behind, it would not have mattered. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she watched the way Tennessee plays the game and simply said "thanks but no thanks"...

Reaction Score
Funny Dangerfield quote: "I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.". :eek:

Oh, wild sense of humor. She's gonna shake us all up more than once. Love it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield @therealdanger32 · 1h 1 hour ago
Blessed to be able to say that I committed to UConn this weekend #BleedBlue
2757.png
http://instagram.com/p/uWYP9IvZzA/

0 replies
Geno's taller than the whole family.

Reaction Score
Congrats Crystal..... she will do well...... yes i am also of the mnd that who knows how the Cooper signing at UT affected her decision.... but I expect not much.... remember in 15 we signed 4 guards.... and that didnt seem to waver her decision.....

I am thrilled to welcome you crystal

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sorry, but u krazy.
3 years, let alone 5, are a long way off, and will include a lot of players who haven't set foot in a college game. A wee bit early to declare UConn >50/50 favorite.
Sorry, but given that UCONN has won almost 50% of the NCs in the last 20 years and will meet that threshold if they win this year I don't think it is far fetched with the way the recent recruiting classes have lined up that to consider UCONN has 50/50 odds to win an NC in any given year in the next 5.

Reaction Score
The roster:

G Chong SR

G Nurse JR
G Williams JR
G Edwards JR
G/F Ekmark JR
C Butler JR

W Samuelson SO
F Collier SO
F Boykin SO

G Dangerfield FR

It's painful to look at this future roster that does not include the names of kids whose play and persona I have grown to love (KML, Moriah, Stewie). I'm still struggling with the reality of NO #14 and NO # 31 lighting up Gampel this year. :( I will miss their incredible passion. Great kids, grow on you, become kinda yours. But I managed to survive the loss of Kelly. It's perhaps the only downside of becoming so fervently invested in UConn WBB.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Was very happy to hear this. Looks like she is a great little player. I think I'll just call her Field, you know, so Danger can be her middle name.

Crystal "Danger" Field :cool:
I was thinking we might hear her say... "Dangerfield... Crystal Dangerfield.... 004... I take my games Stirred not Shaken..."

Boo Bond

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was thinking we might hear her say... "Dangerfield... Crystal Dangerfield.... 004... I take my games Stirred not Shaken..."

Boo Bond
I think she'll take her games Shaken. As in Shake and Bake. ;)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
A simple request; could we please, please let Rodney sleep in peace?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A simple request; could we please, please let Rodney sleep in peace?

True. Any guy who died the way he did deserves peace...

He was so depressed that he decided to jump from the tenth floor of his luxury condo building. They sent up a priest. He said " on your mark ......"

Very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member