Dan, any "buzz?" | The Boneyard

Dan, any "buzz?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan: Do you know if anyone, not necessarily UCONN, is looking at Liam O'Neil (Greenwich) ? The reason I ask is that I saw him play, in-person, last Saturday. Now, it has to be pointed out that Greenwich was playing a Bridgeport Central team that is really down this year.

However, with that caveat out of the way, I can say that O'Neil, who only played the first half, had the best day I have ever seen a high school QB have. I've been to hundreds of HS games and have seen QB's with names like Young, Dan O. and others that ended up at BCS schools. In the half, O'Neil was 14 for 15 for 261 yards and five TD's. The numbers don't tell the whole story. There was a perfectly led 51-yard TD that looked like some sort of seam pattern. There was an absolute seed, over the middle, that must have traveled 35 yards, four feet off the ground. The was a 20-yard, cross-hash "out" that was on a rope. Finally there were a number of slants, "touch" and flair passes.

I'm not recommending, but what I saw was flabbergasting. He may have thirty flaws that a real talent scout would notice. He may be a 1AA guy that had a good day. In any event, I'm just wondering if he has generated anything? By-the-way, he's listed but not ranked on Scout and Rivals.

I should add that, as a three-yr starter, he's thrown close to 250 passes, at least 20 TD's and only 5 Int's. Only problem is 6-games missed with separate concussions and 3-games missed, this yr, with a broken finger. Injury prone?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i knew he was injured but didnt know he was back already. hes been on the radar for a while, dont know much about him. one of his teammates is coming for baseball and should play fball here also but i dont think its in the cards right now. if he doesnt get offers he may be a milford type.

pj

Reaction Score
Thought the Ivy League schools were recruiting him. Don't see why he'd go to Milford.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u go to milford for 2 reasons
1)grades/test scores need to improve so u get them up while playing at a well know fball prep school
2) exposure, looking for better offers while passing time on the field

milford is a fall only school for the kids, they get offers and can get to college in the spring and be ready for the season without having to lose and years(not juco).

if oneil gets ivy offers but wants to test waters he could go to milford and see if a uconn or a umass offers him. if no then he can go to a ivy in the spring.

Reaction Score
Didn't this kid migrate from Louisiana? No surprise why he's so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom