Curt | The Boneyard

Curt

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That facebook. It'll bite you in the ass if you don't watch it !!

Reaction Score
You know, his gaming business lost millions. He fought through cancer and now he's been fired from one of the easiest gigs around for shooting his fat mouth off. I guess some people never learn.

Reaction Score
He always needed to hear himself and thought so much of himself he thought everyone listened too. For a seemingly smart guy he's not too brilliant now is he.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You know, his gaming business lost millions. He fought through cancer and now he's been fired from one of the easiest gigs around for shooting his fat mouth off. I guess some people never learn.

Correction: the state of Rhode Island lost millions because of his gaming business.

Reaction Score
Big fan of RS and what he did for us, but honestly S T F U with the opinions that would be better kept to himself.

Reaction Score
It was just over a year ago that Schilling was tracking down internet trolls who insulted his daughter via Twitter. I guess Curt didn't think the message he was sending then, that saying dumb stuff on social media has consequences, applied to him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Say what you want about Curt Schilling, but ESPN has cemented themselves as a 1st ballot Hall of Famer of Pettiness.

If only for the way they handled the Bill Simmons firing contract renewal, I personally thought ESPN would bury the master recording of "Four Days in October" under the training center, never to see the light of day again. Apparently, however, they aired it leading up to the Red Sox-Yankees game yesterday on ESPN2. Just as mysterious as the re-airing was (to me) they also edited out the most important game of the four. Does any one know how the Sox won game 6?

Again, say what you want about Schilling. He's a blow hard. He's an insufferable know-it-all (when in reality he absolutely doesn't). His voice is grating (and it is), but he literally mutilated his body for the sake of winning team and had a huge roll (with a capital Y) in arguably the greatest comeback in sports history. ESPN's justification is a dubious coincidence at best.

There is a tweet in this article stating:
"Considering the low stakes (a 6-year old rerun on ESPN2 on a Sunday afternoon) chances ESPN had an agenda when cutting doc are nonexistent."

Conversely, considering the low stakes, it is the perfect opportunity for ESPN to stick it one more time to an employee who was dismissed with prejudice.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Curt Schilling, but ESPN has cemented themselves as a 1st ballot Hall of Famer of Pettiness.

If only for the way they handled the Bill Simmons firing contract renewal, I personally thought ESPN would bury the master recording of "Four Days in October" under the training center, never to see the light of day again. Apparently, however, they aired it leading up to the Red Sox-Yankees game yesterday on ESPN2. Just as mysterious as the re-airing was (to me) they also edited out the most important game of the four. Does any one know how the Sox won game 6?

Again, say what you want about Schilling. He's a blow hard. He's an insufferable know-it-all (when in reality he absolutely doesn't). His voice is grating (and it is), but he literally mutilated his body for the sake of winning team and had a huge roll (with a capital Y) in arguably the greatest comeback in sports history. ESPN's justification is a dubious coincidence at best.

There is a tweet in this article stating:
"Considering the low stakes (a 6-year old rerun on ESPN2 on a Sunday afternoon) chances ESPN had an agenda when cutting doc are nonexistent."

Conversely, considering the low stakes, it is the perfect opportunity for ESPN to stick it one more time to an employee who was dismissed with prejudice.

You're kidding right? Let's blame ESPN this is new heights 25.:rolleyes:

Husky25

Reaction Score
You're kidding right? Let's blame ESPN this is new heights 25.:rolleyes:

Too much of a coincidence, especially with what aired immediately prior to the 30 for 30 re-airing. If Ortiz was storyline 1a of that series, then the dichotomy between Game 1 Schilling and Game 6 Schilling was 1b.

I know, as a Yankee Fan, you'd just assume forget that particular postseason, but I have all 7 games on DVD. The story is not worth telling without Game 6.

Reaction Score
Too much of a coincidence, especially with what aired immediately prior to the 30 for 30 re-airing. If Ortiz was storyline 1a of that series, then the dichotomy between Game 1 Schilling and Game 6 Schilling was 1b.

I know, as a Yankee Fan, you'd just assume forget that particular postseason, but I have all 7 games on DVD. The story is not worth telling without Game 6.

What does that series and ESPN have to do with Curt being the biggest baseballs ever seen? Oh wait he's 1a and papi is 1b LOL. This reply is so much in left field it's ridiculous. The only reason I watched the 30-30 for a minute was to once again hope Tony Clarks ground rule double hit the fence this time:confused:, other than I really don't care. I have plenty of other highlights to watch, I know you need to live in that moment every day, good for you!;)

Husky25

Reaction Score
What does that series and ESPN have to do with Curt being the biggest baseballs ever seen? Oh wait he's 1a and papi is 1b LOL. This reply is so much in left field it's ridiculous. The only reason I watched the 30-30 for a minute was to once again hope Tony Clarks ground rule double hit the fence this time:confused:, other than I really don't care. I have plenty of other highlights to watch, I know you need to live in that moment every day, good for you!;)
Did you read my original post? I mean every word (and the link)? It doesn't appear so. If you aren't aware of the controversy, you best not reply.

By the way, Comcast is doing Yankee fans a favor. They are Gawdawful...at least to start the season.

Reaction Score
Did you read my original post? I mean every word (and the link)? It doesn't appear so. If you aren't aware of the controversy, you best not reply.

By the way, Comcast is doing Yankee fans a favor. They are Gawdawful...at least to start the season.

What's really cool is no one cares except Sox fans. And he had 2 chances with ESPN and embarrassed them yet again after his Nazi comments in which they saved him. Anything he gets is weak deserved, the guy is a total d***.

And I'm pretty sure I mentioned already the Yanks suck didn't really need to have it confirm by you now did I? By the way I didn't talk about how pathetic the Sox were last year at all, but that's the difference. ;)

Husky25

Reaction Score
What's really cool is no one cares except Sox fans. And he had 2 chances with ESPN and embarrassed them yet again after his Nazi comments in which they saved him. Anything he gets is weak deserved, the guy is a total d***.

And I'm pretty sure I mentioned already the Yanks suck didn't really need to have it confirm by you now did I? By the way I didn't talk about how pathetic the Sox were last year at all, but that's the difference. ;)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand at least one Yankee fan from Western Massachusetts. The story was circulated by USA Today, the Washington Post, The Blaze, Deadspin, and Philly Voice among the 100s of 1,000s of tweets to the point that ESPN was forced to address it. Seems like a few more people than just Sox fans cared.

I never commented on ESPN being well within their right to fire Schilling. He acted contrary to company policy and paid the price. So be it. It doesn't subtract from the fact that this is a red herring argument. I commented on ESPN's attempt to (at best) severely downplay the role of a former employee on what is arguably considered the greatest comeback in the history of arguably sport's greatest rivalry (AND I did it in a thread entitled "Curt" created by a Yankee fan who claims he doesn't care.). All do respect, Mau, you are a fine Yankee fan. You bleed pinstripe blue, but you seem to burn an awful lot of calories on topics you contend not to care.

Finally (and this is my last post on this thread*), I don't know what you said about the Red Sox last year. I barely posted about the 2015 team myself. I comparing potential tailgating for UConn vs. BC in November to a Sox pregame, I criticized Schilling as a color commentator in another (You liked that post), and I was also deprecating on them in The Official 2015 Yankee Thread (Which you also liked. So yes. You did comment on the Red Sox suckitude last year.). The Red Sox were far from entertaining for the majority of 2015. I gained some interest when they brought aboard Dombrowski and when the kids were playing at the end of the year, but between my 1st son and the one on the way at the time, I lost interest as the season went on. Generally, I don't enter conversations I care nothing about, but I can only speak for myself.

*Unless I deem a response worthy of addressing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand at least one Yankee fan from Western Massachusetts. The story was circulated by USA Today, the Washington Post, The Blaze, Deadspin, and Philly Voice among the 100s of 1,000s of tweets to the point that ESPN was forced to address it. Seems like a few more people than just Sox fans cared.

I never commented on ESPN being well within their right to fire Schilling. He acted contrary to company policy and paid the price. So be it. It doesn't subtract from the fact that this is a red herring argument. I commented on ESPN's attempt to (at best) severely downplay the role of a former employee on what is arguably considered the greatest comeback in the history of arguably sport's greatest rivalry (AND I did it in a thread entitled "Curt" created by a Yankee fan who claims he doesn't care.). All do respect, Mau, you are a fine Yankee fan. You bleed pinstripe blue, but you seem to burn an awful lot of calories on topics you contend not to care.

Finally (and this is my last post on this thread*), I don't know what you said about the Red Sox last year. I barely posted about the 2015 team myself. I comparing potential tailgating for UConn vs. BC in November to a Sox pregame, I criticized Schilling as a color commentator in another (You liked that post), and I was also deprecating on them in The Official 2015 Yankee Thread (Which you also liked. So yes. You did comment on the Red Sox suckitude last year.). The Red Sox were far from entertaining for the majority of 2015. I gained some interest when they brought aboard Dombrowski and when the kids were playing at the end of the year, but between my 1st son and the one on the way at the time, I lost interest as the season went on. Generally, I don't enter conversations I care nothing about, but I can only speak for myself.

*Unless I deem a response worthy of addressing.

You're a spinner. I care about a guy acting like an idiot and that's pretty much it . This is no longer about that, that's okay that's how it goes people like to throw in a new subject at times, hell I'm the best at that potentially as Amida LOL. Dombrowski has done some good things and he is everything our guy isn't anymore.

I hate baseball anyway this year so nothing else will be worth addressing. Although I am sure even if I don't "care" about a thread or 5 I will find a way to comment. it's in the blood 25, never leaves.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom