Curious to see Kentucky-Wichita State spread | The Boneyard

Curious to see Kentucky-Wichita State spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't think UK will be favored, but it'll be really close for a 1-8 game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Don't think UK will be favored, but it'll be really close for a 1-8 game.

Don't know. UK struggled with K State and WSU looked as impressive as anyone. Defense was awesome. Plus, there were three teams from Kansas sent to St Louis. So the crowd is very pro Shockers.

Reaction Score
Wichita St will be favored. They have a better basketball team and it's really not that close... HOWEVER, there's always a chance that UK's sheer talent level will carry them. I'd still take the Shockers by 7-10 pts

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UK's talent could pull this game out but the way i see it, they are at their worst against a team that can play a team game (and bring talent of their own to the fight). I think Wichita St is too sound of a team to lose this game unless somehow the entirety of the UK roster grows up quite a bit.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wichita -3.5.

Feels about right to me. Maybe finishes at WSU -5. Somewhere around there.

This Kentucky TEAM is not that good, no matter how good the upside of its players is.

Reaction Score
I think people are looking at WSU the way people looked at uconn in `90. Theres on way they can beat the big boys. I think with us in 91 we were more proven because we played in the big east but no one had any idea how we would do in our first tournament in years. But WSU is proven in that they made the final 4 last year. I think WSU will make a run so i think theyll beat UK who Nelson mentioned isnt that good. They just arent sos id be surprised if they beat a veteran tourney tested team like WSU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't get why so many people hate teams like Wichita. For some reason a lot of people want their mid majors to pull one upset and then go home.

I can never understand why a UConn fan wouldn't like them. UConn basketball was once in the same position and UConn football still is - no matter what you do on the field it doesn't matter because you haven't been in the SEC or Big 10 since WWII.

Reaction Score
I don't get why so many people hate teams like Wichita. For some reason a lot of people want their mid majors to pull one upset and then go home.

I can never understand why a UConn fan wouldn't like them. UConn basketball was once in the same position and UConn football still is - no matter what you do on the field it doesn't matter because you haven't been in the SEC or Big 10 since WWII.

Because if we stay in this mid-major conference, we don't need other mid-majors to pass us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom