CT Recruiting Ties | The Boneyard

CT Recruiting Ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
... is about the last freakin thing to consider in a new Coach, whenever that time comes.

You get a young, hungry Coach with some creativity on O and recruiting will take care of itself. Kids CT and beyond will want to play for him. Fans will want to watch him.

I say this as someone who liked the Coach P hire. Well this is my mea culpa. I was way, way wrong. He's got more football knowledge than I'll ever know, but standing by doing essentially nothing with the most putrid offense in D1 is too much to take.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ties local wise are great if your winning. if you lose no one cares. look at bc. the top kids in ma every year are going far away. winning + local ties gets a big following. p had the potential for that but hes off the cliff now. chip kelly would be a monster here. monster. but we all know thats not a inch realistic.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There are a lot of unrealistic names being thrown out, and a lot of names where the bar is way too low.

We have no idea who would consider coaching here. We are biased to think this is some great job. Well it's not looking like it at the moment. Right now UConn looks like the place where offensive philosiphies go to die. Warde and Herbst have one HELL of a job ahead of them to sell us to the right candidate... challenging, but I am confident it can be done.

But I remember a lot being made of the CT recruiting ties of P, the HS coaches... f all that. Win. And if you are going to lose, at least go down swinging. Don't just roll over and hope the D bails your ass again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, ties will matter if players like Graham Stewart stay home and show that they can meet the hype. Players like Noel Thomas, Tommy Myers, and Matt Walsh, too. And let's not forget Casey Cochran and Rennick Bryan from last year. Stewart and Cochran are obviously the headliners of the "in-staters" that PP has brought in, but even if just those two live up to expectations, then the in-state ties do matter.

Having said that, I want our coach to also understand when to use a "time-out"... :confused:

Reaction Score
Local ties are great when you have them in TX, FL, CA, and even Jersey. In CT and MA its not a real big deal.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Local ties are great when you have them in TX, FL, CA, and even Jersey. In CT and MA its not a real big deal.
This. Getting kids from FL, PA, the mid-Atlantic should be the first priority, CT/MA just doesn't have enough prospects to be the top priority. It's good if we can keep'em home, but even if we do we HAVE to recruit those other areas.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yup. And a guy with CT ties and not much else (Coach P) is just not working. CT ties don't matter. Excitement does. The rest takes care of itself. (I can't believe I'm turning in to TDH).

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yup. And a guy with CT ties and not much else (Coach P) is just not working. CT ties don't matter. Excitement does. The rest takes care of itself. (I can't believe I'm turning in to TDH).

Hey, TouchdownHusky, let's also remember that if PP lands Lagow, I think it was at least in part due to his connections to the Dallas area. Again, I like when my head coaches know when to call a timeout and not to promote a no-talent clown to take over our most successful OLine coach ever, but I think that he at least has some connections in that hotbed area...

...by the way, your new avatar looks a crap-load like CTMike's....just sayin'.... ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hey, TouchdownHusky, let's also remember that if PP lands Lagow, I think it was at least in part due to his connections to the Dallas area. Again, I like when my head coaches know when to call a timeout and not to promote a no-talent clown to take over our most successful OLine coach ever, but I think that he at least has some connections in that hotbed area...

...by the way, your new avatar looks a crap-load like CTMike's....just sayin'.... ;)

very true recruit wise i think we are on a uptick as u all know. but we need to be real about lagow. he has great upside becuase of his size and where he plays hs ball but look at his offers besides us. now look at the 2 cuse qbs coming in.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
very true recruit wise i think we are on a uptick as u all know. but we need to be real about lagow. he has great upside becuase of his size and where he plays hs ball but look at his offers besides us. now look at the 2 cuse qbs coming in.

From everything that I was hearing about Lagow in these "7vs7" tourneys and the like, he was ripping it up! In fact, the worry now is that he may not stay committed to UConn come February 2nd. That's my biggest worry. I'm not worried at all about whether the kid is quality, because he seems to be a really solid QB...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
From everything that I was hearing about Lagow in these "7vs7" tourneys and the like, he was ripping it up! In fact, the worry now is that he may not stay committed to UConn come February 2nd. That's my biggest worry. I'm not worried at all about whether the kid is quality, because he seems to be a really solid QB...

i have read all the stuff u have and i think he has the potential to be a great college qb. just being real about his resume vs other hs qb resumes.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
i have read all the stuff u have and i think he has the potential to be a great college qb. just being real about his resume vs other hs qb resumes.

By resume, do you actually mean resume, or do you mean other offers? I think sometimes, we all (me especially) get caught up in who offered the kid first or how many "BCS" offers he has. But at the end of the day, it has to always come back to whether or not the kid has the talent and the mechanics to be a solid college QB. Everything that I've seen written about him seems to indicate that the answer is "yes"...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
By resume, do you actually mean resume, or do you mean other offers? I think sometimes, we all (me especially) get caught up in who offered the kid first or how many "BCS" offers he has. But at the end of the day, it has to always come back to whether or not the kid has the talent and the mechanics to be a solid college QB. Everything that I've seen written about him seems to indicate that the answer is "yes"...

i value other offers more than anything on the trail
followed by size/speed
then stars

i value stars, just not by how good the player is but by exposure for the school or acceptance/acknowledgement by the community that we are here to play ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom