Creating Traditions | The Boneyard

Creating Traditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think the new improved Husky Walk and the team coming down through the student section (even if they're aren't in the stadium yet) for warm-ups are a huge step in the right direction in helping to rebuild and create traditions for UConn...

But where was the new Jonathan dog on Friday night?? Im talking about the real life dog, not the lame, mutant spawn of Sonar from the Wolfpack that we have now as our mascot.

Think of programs like Mississippi State, Georgia, Colorado, Texas, Auburn, even Oklahoma- they all have their real life mascots run out onto the field before the game with the team (OU-boomer schooner), or at least on the sideline... Where is ours? They need to get the new Johnny down on the field. Just an observation that I think would be cool and help build more tradition and identity for this team.

Also, did anyone see the intro video?? I must have missed it.

Reaction Score
No intro video, BYU ran out and then it just cut to the team in the tunnel. I saw pictures of Jonathon from tailgates didn't see him on the field though.

Reaction Score
Speaking of the huskie, can't we get rid of the growl? My wife and I thought there was something wrong with the sound system. People seem to look around trying to figure out what the problem was. Like to replace it with a howl instead. A howl is a call to arms for the pack. We are all part of the pack. Imagine the whole crowd howling? Do you know anyone who doesn't like to howl? Kids would enjoy it too. I've read complaints about it here in the past. What do people think?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
We have long standing traditions. Get to your seats 20 minutes after kickoff...

New Jonathan seen at game in section 130

Reaction Score
Thought the same thing about no new intro video.

The lead up to and the actual entrance is so underwhelming...

This is where I thought HCBD might have some influence. I so yearn for a dog sled being pulled by male cheerleaders w/ Jonathon on it holding the flag. (I've given up on the actual live dog team - understanding of logistics).

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Wow... Yeah sooooo underwhelming. You would think with all the hype this season, they would at least do a new video??

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
I so yearn for a dog sled being pulled by male cheerleaders w/ Jonathon on it holding the flag. (I've given up on the actual live dog team - understanding of logistics).

They'll never do it. Know why? Because they never have and this is the way we do thing because it's always the way they will be done because this is New England and WE HATE CHANGE.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just hoping at the very least Diaco and the video crew guys get a new intro video up before the Stony Brook game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom