Cowardly Disgrace - CodyJ. the Terrible | The Boneyard

Cowardly Disgrace - CodyJ. the Terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I came home from serving in our military overseas about 5 years ago, September 2007 to be exact. One of the first things I did when reuniting with my friends and new fiancée (now wife) at the time was go to a UConn football game. I was overseas for so long that I had no idea what it was like to go to a game or who anyone was on any team (NFL too). I got accepted into the UConn Engineering School and BAM! a new UConn football fan was born (was always a BB fan).
As the years rolled by my passion for this team grew. I felt a sense of camaraderie that I felt in the military with our fan base. It was ours and we were getting better and it made us proud. There were ups and downs but we took the punches and moved forward.
This week is the first time since becoming a fanatic that I honestly don’t have interest in going to the game. What’s up with that?? Disgrace? Cowardice? I dunno. All I can say is that I just don’t have much interest. UConn BB is on TV and the Football game is on ESPN2 later in the day/evening. Most likely it’s a phase and I'll get over being a whiney little bitc#. I'm still going to the game on Friday but it seems almost like raking leaves. Gotta do it, will feel good once it’s done.

Reaction Score
Well Cody, thanks for your service. Frankly, you just summed up how a lot of us feel. Melancholy feelings of sadness have displaced those of anticipation and excitment. We'll be there Friday cheering for the kids, and hoping for a win, but having to intellectually reconcile the reality that while winning is wonderful, it may ultimately serve to perpetuate the root cause of our despair. Go Huskies!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cowardly disgrace? No. Drama queen? Very likely.

IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I came home from serving in our military overseas about 5 years ago, September 2007 to be exact. One of the first things I did when reuniting with my friends and new fiancée (now wife) at the time was go to a UConn football game. I was overseas for so long that I had no idea what it was like to go to a game or who anyone was on any team (NFL too). I got accepted into the UConn Engineering School and BAM! a new UConn football fan was born (was always a BB fan).
As the years rolled by my passion for this team grew. I felt a sense of camaraderie that I felt in the military with our fan base. It was ours and we were getting better and it made us proud. There were ups and downs but we took the punches and moved forward.
This week is the first time since becoming a fanatic that I honestly don’t have interest in going to the game. What’s up with that?? Disgrace? Cowardice? I dunno. All I can say is that I just don’t have much interest. UConn BB is on TV and the Football game is on ESPN2 later in the day/evening. Most likely it’s a phase and I'll get over being a whiney little bitc#. I'm still going to the game on Friday but it seems almost like raking leaves. Gotta do it, will feel good once it’s done.

Still abroad, but I am hardly living in squalor like I was last fall. I went to my first home game in two years this year.

I think you should get off your ass and go to the game. First world problems.

Reaction Score
Still abroad, but I am hardly living in squalor like I was last fall. I went to my first home game in two years this year.

I think you should get off your ass and go to the game. First world problems.
Im going. just seems like raking leaves at this point. ;-)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
codyj has been added to my have a beer with a BY list. mental note to self.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Im going. just seems like raking leaves at this point. ;-)

Raking leaves is a thankless job. This is a football!!! DVR the basketball game...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is it football, though??
1) Football.
2) Having a cold one with friends.
3) Escape from reality for a few hours.

I can name any number of reasons to justify the hundreds I paid for season tickets...

Reaction Score
We jest about attendance. But I think the floor on our attendance is pretty high. There are so many fans that have made major tailgating investments that I just can't see them abandoning that lifestyle at the drop of a hat.

Reaction Score
1) Football.
2) Having a cold one with friends.
3) Escape from reality for a few hours.

I can name any number of reasons to justify the hundreds I paid for season tickets...

No, you are right. I was just making another boring joke at PP/GDL's expense. Honestly, I shouldn't say anything, since i live in Columbus, OH and only make it to one away game a year (ND, Mich, Cinci, etc.). If I had Season tickets, I would definitely be there every week, through thick or thin. But I really can understand Cody's perspective, too.
I don't think it is a matter of good/bad fan..... I think it is simply a matter of individual perspective and personality.

Reaction Score
CodyJ I can't believe how well you nailed it! I have been feeling since the Cuse game that there is no joy in this. I am still going to the game and will be cheering my brains out for the kids on the field. They deserve our unquestioned support. The coaches are another matter altogether and their failures have sucked all the fun out of this season. I don't know what will happen in the last three games but we are not well-positioned for any upsets since all of our indicators are pointing down. It's really terrible when you don't have hope as a fan and that's what this coaching staff has accomplished. I don't believe they have any answers to the problems that we have as a team so without any adjustments we will just play out the string. I heard this week that PPand GDL thought the running game was very close to breaking out. What a joke! Good luck running vs Pitt, UL and UC with the game plan we've been using.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We jest about attendance. But I think the floor on our attendance is pretty high. There are so many fans that have made major tailgating investments that I just can't see them abandoning that lifestyle at the drop of a hat.

True that. Thanks to Sandy, I have a new tailgate generator. Now I need something to plug into it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
True that. Thanks to Sandy, I have a new tailgate generator. Now I need something to plug into it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

extension cord, TV, Ipad/Iphone charger and UConn Basketball on WatchESPN!

Reaction Score

Cody, I vented several games back, so you are right in line with how many have been feeling this season. I have two points to make. First, it's Military Appreciation Day on Friday, so get your butt to the game!!! You earned the right to be recognized! Second, go out and buy yourself a Stihl BR 600 backpack blower! Raking leaves is for 15 year olds. Your back will love you for it! Lastly, make your way to blue lot and look for the white Yukon XL with the Hartford Whaler/Uconn flags. The beers are on me, from one Vet to another. That goes for any other BY's as well.

Reaction Score
Have nothing to add but just a heartfelt thank you for your service Cody J.

Reaction Score
I have a wedding to attend Friday night and will have to DVR the game. I plan to rake leaves and then watch it on Saturday. I'll let you know which was more fun.

Reaction Score
Cody, if for no other reason go to the game to represent your service. In the 2nd quarter seek out the group of military personnel that will go onto the field at halftime - I'm assuming they'll do it again. It's a pretty fun experience to walk around at field level with the fans showing their appreciation for what you've done.

Reaction Score
LoL. Maybe I'll get on the feild and wear a bag on my face like the Aints! hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom