Courant CT High School Football: Preseason Ratings, Familiar Name At No. 1 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Courant CT High School Football: Preseason Ratings, Familiar Name At No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ledyard/Brookfield would be an interesting match up. Both teams like to ground and pound. If it's Brookfield/NF rematch, Brookfield blows them out in the final.

Reaction Score
Brookfield v. Ledyard would be very interesting. Last time the teams met was in the 08 final, and both were very balanced spread mixed with power run. Now they've both taken a step back in time and are primarily running teams. I think it'd be a good matchup.

Reaction Score
St. Joes hasn't beaten anyone this year. Their best win was yesterday over a mediocre at best Trumbull team. I like this New Fairfield team, but I think we can agree this class is wide open.

Reaction Score
St. Joes hasn't beaten anyone this year. Their best win was yesterday over a mediocre at best Trumbull team. I like this New Fairfield team, but I think we can agree this class is wide open.

Class is definitely wide open. Gotta say, FCIAC was way down this year, too. New Canaan and Darien are both great, and TC is alright, but everyone else was pretty bad.

Reaction Score
Class is definitely wide open. Gotta say, FCIAC was way down this year, too. New Canaan and Darien are both great, and TC is alright, but everyone else was pretty bad.
I think you can say the same for the SCC, which usually has five or six really good teams. Other then Shelton and NH, the league was way down. Prep, Xavier, West Haven, and Hand were not as good as they've been in recent years. NDWH is ok, but I wouldn't say they're up there with Shelton and NH. Cheshire has been competitive but they're far from what they were 20-years ago.

Reaction Score
Prep had a brutal schedule and lost their QB in week 1 or 2, but you're right, they weren't as strong as the last couple of years. NDWH's only losses came without their QB. I think he got hurt in the NH game. ND should get by Harding (who I think is a year away from doing some damage in class L).

Reaction Score
Prep had a brutal schedule and lost their QB in week 1 or 2, but you're right, they weren't as strong as the last couple of years. NDWH's only losses came without their QB. I think he got hurt in the NH game. ND should get by Harding (who I think is a year away from doing some damage in class L).

I wouldn't sleep on NDWH or Southington.

Will be interesting to see how Harding's Taisun Phommachanh does against ND defense. Will be a good measure of blooming talent progression.

Reaction Score

Will be interesting to see how Harding's Taisun Phommachanh does against ND defense. Will be a good measure of blooming talent progression.
Harding will have a tough time with NDWH. The Constitution State Conference has nothing that prepares Harding for a game like this. I know Harding has some young talent but I don't think this one's even close. Ragani and Lupoli are studs.

Reaction Score

No sleeping, i like NDWH, they have a very tough semi-final against Windsor/NC winner. There is just something about Southington that doesn't impress me. I've seen them twice and haven't been wowed. Same can be said about New Canaan this year. They are both very good, but not as strong as last year. They both have great offensive systems and can outscore just about anyone, their defenses are a little suspect. With the right match ups they can both win it all.

Reaction Score
Harding will have a tough time with NDWH. The Constitution State Conference has nothing that prepares Harding for a game like this. I know Harding has some young talent but I don't think this one's even close. Ragani and Lupoli are studs.
You nailed it. I know Harding scrimmaged some FCIAC teams in the preseason and held their own, but the CSC is so bad it's actually a detriment to them. Pfommachanh is definitely a DI prospect if he continues to make strides in the off-season. He has some nice wr's and some size on the lines, but no competition during the regular season.

Reaction Score
CSC should be banned from playoffs. Shouldn't be able to leave your league because you win 0 games and then make playoffs the next year

Reaction Score

No contest... 34-0 NDWH and it wasn't even that close. New Canaan should be a battle though.

Reaction Score
Stone Cold locks, of the week:

Whethersfield @ North Haven - I don't see Whethersfield coming close to stopping the old school single wing of North Haven. Too physical and too complicated to defend with less than a week to prepare.

Best games of next week:

Southington @ Darien - shaping up to be the best game of the year.

TC @ Ansonia - winner should take Class S

IF games...

Brookfield @ Killingly - IF Brookfield run D is as good as I think it is... Killingly is in for a rough night. Killingly struggles mightily against the run and will have a tough time stopping Drysdale and Co.

Ledyard @ New Fairfield - IF Tripodi is not seriously hurt, New Fairfield should take Ledyard. Without him I think Ledyard rolls.

NWDH @ New Canaan - IF the weather cooperates, NC passing attack will eat up NDWH

Upset alerts...

Newtown @ Shelton - For all the hate Newtown gets, they just proved they have one of the best D's in the state. If they can get it going on offense they have a good shot

I have NO idea:

Haven't seen much of Bloomfield or Seymour. Hoping for a Bloomfield win so there's no chance of Ansonia v. Seymour rematch

Reaction Score
Lots of lopsided games in the 1/4's but looks like some great matchups in the semis.

CSC got exposed again. Until teams start playing more non-league games the CIAC point system will not work right. Expect this trend to continue.

I was at the Trinity game last night. I expected them to win easily but they just dominated Morgan (not a solid defensive team but has a well balanced offense, though the o-line is just too small). Trinity has some big guys on the line and some very quick athletes. The Ansonia game should be a good one. I feel the winner of that game has got to be the Class S favorite.

I think NDWH-New Canaan should be a good game but NC should advance.

I'll be at Darien-Southington. Game of the year IMO. Best team Southington has seen since Prep 2 years ago. Hoping Newtown can keep it close with Shelton who just keeps on rolling.

Reaction Score
Reading one of the news rags the other day: one article was about Southington's now 31 game win streak in comparison to others. Cheshire holds the state record. Southington's school record is 33, which it will match if it wins the state title. On a serendipitous note, that record was established during the playing days of former Southington-UConn star Vinnie Clements, & was at the time the state record. It was later surpassed by New Britain-Pulaski at 34.

Reaction Score
Reading one of the news rags the other day: one article was about Southington's now 31 game win streak in comparison to others. Cheshire holds the state record. Southington's school record is 33, which it will match if it wins the state title. On a serendipitous note, that record was established during the playing days of former Southington-UConn star Vinnie Clements, & was at the time the state record. It was later surpassed by New Britain-Pulaski at 34.
Coach Cap, Southington went 32-0-1 from 1962-1966 and held the record for most consecutive games without a loss (33) until Derby (33-0-1, 1966-1970) and New Canaan (34-0, 1967-1970) surpassed them in 1970. From 1975-1978, Ansonia went 36 straight without a loss. That loss came in the LL State Championship to Amity 35-20, after Ansonia petitioned the CIAC to allow them to play in the LL division. Ansonia's record stood until Cheshire went 49 consecutive games without a loss between 1992-1996.

Pulaski-New Britain isn't listed in the Connecticut High School Record Book under "Consecutive Games without a Loss".

Pulaski-New Britain, now defunct, competed from 1961-1981. The school played 197 games, going 76-117-4 (.395). The only notable seasons listed for the school were in 1966 & 1967. They went 9-1 both seasons and received CIAC Merit Awards in Class M.

Do you recall what year Pulaski-New Britain surpassed Southington's 33-consecutive?

Reaction Score
Coach Cap, Southington went 32-0-1 from 1962-1966 and held the record for most consecutive games without a loss (33) until Derby (33-0-1, 1966-1970) and New Canaan (34-0, 1967-1970) surpassed them in 1970. From 1975-1978, Ansonia went 36 straight without a loss. That loss came in the LL State Championship to Amity 35-20, after Ansonia petitioned the CIAC to allow them to play in the LL division. Ansonia's record stood until Cheshire went 49 consecutive games without a loss between 1992-1996.

Pulaski-New Britain isn't listed in the Connecticut High School Record Book under "Consecutive Games without a Loss".

Pulaski-New Britain, now defunct, competed from 1961-1981. The school played 197 games, going 76-117-4 (.395). The only notable seasons listed for the school were in 1966 & 1967. They went 9-1 both seasons and received CIAC Merit Awards in Class M.

Do you recall what year Pulaski-New Britain surpassed Southington's 33-consecutive?
My bad. Pulaski snapped Southington's unbeaten streak. I was at that game. I had thought that they went on to 34 consecutive wins. I guess the official stat don't bear that out.

Reaction Score
huskysupporter said:
Anyone know which high school games will be on cptv today?

Nevermind. I see they are featuring the Lyman hall - Sheehan powder puff game. I am not making this up.

Reaction Score
Nevermind. I see they are featuring the Lyman hall - Sheehan powder puff game. I am not making this up.
The CIAC semi-final games are Monday night, 6:30pm. I believe CPTVSports is showing the Darien/Southington game live. Other games may be available online via NFHS Network for $10.

Reaction Score
kris1 said:
The CIAC semi-final games are Monday night, 6:30pm. I believe CPTVSports is showing the Darien/Southington game live. Other games may be available online via NFHS Network for $10.

Awesome. Thanks. Won't be able to make shelton game and want to watch. Darien southington game should be a good one. Think Southington wins by a couple scores.

Reaction Score
Awesome. Thanks. Won't be able to make shelton game and want to watch. Darien southington game should be a good one. Think Southington wins by a couple scores.

I don't think Newtown/Shelton is streaming, just NDWH v New Canaan. I'd also be shocked if Southington beats Darien. I think Darien takes them by 17 pts.

Reaction Score
crow.png

Reaction Score
Good showing from Newtown even with the loss. Game was so sloppy it could have gone either way. I think Newtown was the better team but so it goes.

Brookfield/NF rematch should be a good one. I don't see Shelton hanging with Darien. I thought NH was unbeatable but I have my doubts now. Ansonia should be on top of class S once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom