Courant CT High School Football: Preseason Ratings, Familiar Name At No. 1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Courant CT High School Football: Preseason Ratings, Familiar Name At No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I mean, even Newsome was from New Haven. He went to live with extended family to play for Ansonia. Why else would the coaching staff be at New Haven pop warner games?

Stop making stuff up...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12UGAEimjk

ADDED SEP 11, 2007 - arkeel newsome from waterbury, ct aka the coming attraction.

Reaction Score
ok sorry, Waterbury. Not that it makes a difference towards my point that he wasn't from Ansonia. I don't think it's wrong he played for them since he moved there, but he wasn't an Ansonia kid
Stop making stuff up...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12UGAEimjk

ADDED SEP 11, 2007 - arkeel newsome from waterbury, ct aka the coming attraction.

Reaction Score
JMick, you were correct. The CIAC accepted Berlins' self reported recruiting violations. They recruited 4 kids from New Britain, found housing for one family and promised another a DI scholarship. They forfeit all games played this year and the kids cannot play for Berlin again.

Reaction Score
JMick, you were correct. The CIAC accepted Berlins' self reported recruiting violations. They recruited 4 kids from New Britain, found housing for one family and promised another a DI scholarship. They forfeit all games played this year and the kids cannot play for Berlin again.

Yep. Pretty messed up if Capodice was really "promising" D1 scholarships to these families like the allegations claim

Reaction Score
The penalties seem pretty light:
Forfeit all games the kids played in...
no CIAC playofffs...
$4ooo fine ($1000 for each kid)
1 year probation, meaning CIAC will monitor them to make sure they're in compliance.

It almost makes it worthwhile to try and get away with it.

Reaction Score
It's about time schools started getting called out on this stuff. It's been going on for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
Southington's quarter-final will be a home rematch against Conard.
Saw Austin Morin's dad last week while shopping. He's enthused about Austin going to UConn next season, but first things first.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
two great games yesterday in southington at cheshire and Darien vs New Canaan.

The Darien QB was 33-46 for 463 yards and 4TDs and 2 INTs. well over 10,000 at Boyle stadium. New Canaan is enormous across the lines and their QB is legit D1 player, but I think he is going to Brown. Hoping to see Darien vs Southington in the LL finals

Reaction Score
Kevin Caliendo said:
two great games yesterday in southington at cheshire and Darien vs New Canaan.

The Darien QB was 33-46 for 463 yards and 4TDs and 2 INTs. well over 10,000 at Boyle stadium. New Canaan is enormous across the lines and their QB is legit D1 player, but I think he is going to Brown. Hoping to see Darien vs Southington in the LL finals

I want to see 2 best teams in state in ll finals. Shelton v. Southington.

Reaction Score
Is Shelton good? I thought they barely beat Prep and Hand, two very average teams. Southington and Darien steamrolled everyone they played until thanksgiving Day. And New Canaan is very good

Reaction Score
Kevin Caliendo said:
Is Shelton good? I thought they barely beat Prep and Hand, two very average teams. Southington and Darien steamrolled everyone they played until thanksgiving Day. And New Canaan is very good

Shelton is good. Had some injuries. I think southington is team to beat there, though.

Reaction Score
I'm going with Darien over Shelton. Darien is the most complete team i've seen this year. Also, when Shelton is good they usually find a way to make the finals.

Reaction Score
My finals picks:

Shelton v. Darien

North Haven v. New Canaan

Brookfield v. New Fairfield

Trinity Catholic v. Bloomfield

Reaction Score
Shelton is good. Had some injuries. I think southington is team to beat there, though.
I'm going with Darien over Shelton. Darien is the most complete team i've seen this year. Also, when Shelton is good they usually find a way to make the finals.
I think Darien is the best team in the state. Southington is not as good defensively as they were last year. Darien can score and they're one of the best defensive teams in the state and the best defense player in the state. Shelton has been decimated by injuries to some of their best skill players. Shelton's also vulnerable on defense against teams with athletes and they played a below average SCC schedule this year. They beat three GOOD teams in Prep, NDWH and West Haven. The other seven wins were against bad teams. Hand and Xavier were not very strong this year. So, I don't think you can use them to make a strong argument. I think they have a tough first round matchup against an aangry Westies team looking to avenge a midseason loss to the Gaels (48-27). C. Kanios and S. Kirk accounted for 200 receiving yards in that game, both are done for the year. Shelton's RB, P. Hoff (dislocated elbow) is expected back on Tuesday. While QB, Z. Tuskowski (sprained ankle) returned on Thanksgiving (7-12, 196 yds, 3 TDs, all in first half) in a 49-0 rout of Derby. I think Shelton can still get to he finals, but their injuries are too great to win it all.

Reaction Score
My finals picks:

Shelton v. Darien

North Haven v. New Canaan

Brookfield v. New Fairfield

Trinity Catholic v. Bloomfield
I know people on here want to see them get knocked off, but Ansonia will be in the Class S Final. They will maul Capital Prep and Trinity Catholic will have trouble stopping them in the semis. Trinity Catholic gives up far too many points. Bagley and Bailey are seniors, they're motivated by blowing a two score lead in the loss to Valley Regional last year Class S Large Final, and they are a handful for Class S schools. Ansonia plays at a different level then most other Class S schools. They are relentless on defense and they just pound on your defensive front. For what it's worth, Ansonia gave North Haven, Shelton, and NDWH all they could handle in preseason scrimmages. Depending on who you talk to, Ansonia physically manhandled NH and NDWH. Shelton held most of their starters out in the Ansonia scrimmage. So, take that one with a grain of salt. Seymour will also be a handful for teams, including Ansonia, if they can get by the Warhawks. Seymour QB, J Kelley is very good running Seymour's offense. He's a dual-threat. At 5'11, 200, he's a load and he's got some talented WRs. Bloomfield will have trouble with East Catholic in their opener. They beat EC earlier this year 38-32. A Bloomfield/Seymour semi final will be a shootout. The winner will give Ansonia a challenge. Seymour played Ansonia close in their first meeting before Ansonia pulled away late.

My picks: (state champion in bold)
LL - Darien vs Shelton (two great semis with Darien/Southington and Shelton/Glastonbury)

L - North Haven vs Windsor (NC/Windsor is going to be a war in the first round)

M - Ledyard vs St Joes (going out on a limb with this pick. SWC teams aren't great Ledyard has been there plenty and St Joe's always a tough out in the playoffs)

S - Ansonia vs Bloomfield (Bloomfield's athletes are better then Seymour's in semis)

Quarter Final Rosters and Results

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kris, I agree with almost all of your assessments:

LL semis will be great. Darien takes it all.

L I think the winner of NC/Windsor takes title. I like Wethersfield over NH. Both teams will score but which one can stop the other, i think Wethersfield has a better D.

M Here's where we disagree, (only cause I don't know anything about Ledyard) and think St. Joes isn't that good. I'm going with New Fairfield over Brookfield. I like NF, tough team plays D and Brookfield getting healthy at right time.

S Ansonia over Bloomfield. I almost took Seymour over Bloomfield, but Bloomfield has the athletes to match up with Kelley.

Here's to another great December of HS football.

Reaction Score
Kris, I agree with almost all of your assessments:

LL semis will be great. Darien takes it all.

L I think the winner of NC/Windsor takes title. I like Wethersfield over NH. Both teams will score but which one can stop the other, i think Wethersfield has a better D.

M Here's where we disagree, (only cause I don't know anything about Ledyard) and think St. Joes isn't that good. I'm going with New Fairfield over Brookfield. I like NF, tough team plays D and Brookfield getting healthy at right time.

S Ansonia over Bloomfield. I almost took Seymour over Bloomfield, but Bloomfield has the athletes to match up with Kelley.

Here's to another great December of HS football.
I was tempted to pick Wethersfield over NH. I agree Windsor/NC winner lifts the plaque. NF/Brookfield would be a great rematch, if they meet in the final. Brookfield is healthier, but St Joe's and Ledyard always seem to be in the mix. Ledyard is massive upfront and scores in bunches. Brookfield has not been great defensively this year. Maybe the injuries have something to do with that, but I think Ledyard and St Joe's experience in the playoffs gets them into the finals. I wouldn't be surprised if Ledyard took the title. I just like DelVecchia and his staff.

Reaction Score
I was tempted to pick Wethersfield over NH. I agree Windsor/NC winner lifts the plaque. NF/Brookfield would be a great rematch, if they meet in the final. Brookfield is healthier, but St Joe's and Ledyard always seem to be in the mix. Ledyard is massive upfront and scores in bunches. Brookfield has not been great defensively this year. Maybe the injuries have something to do with that, but I think Ledyard and St Joe's experience in the playoffs gets them into the finals. I wouldn't be surprised if Ledyard took the title. I just like DelVecchia and his staff.

St. Joes and Ledyard cannot meet in the championship. It will be Brookfield, Stratford (lol no), Killingly, or Abbott Tech (lol no) vs. New Fairfield, St. Joes, Ledyard, or Bacon

I think NF Brookfield or Ledyard will win it all. St. Joes is tough to tell, mostly because the wins they have are pretty poor.

I like Brookfield over Ledyard or NF in the final, but I don't like them over St. Joes. Brookfield pass D is terrible but they have one of the best run D's in the state. They match up well with Killingly, NF, and Ledyard. Not so much with St. Joes.

I think Ledyard and NF can both run all over St. Joes, so I'm hoping someone knocks them out before the final

Reaction Score
I know people on here want to see them get knocked off, but Ansonia will be in the Class S Final. They will maul Capital Prep and Trinity Catholic will have trouble stopping them in the semis. Trinity Catholic gives up far too many points. Bagley and Bailey are seniors, they're motivated by blowing a two score lead in the loss to Valley Regional last year Class S Large Final, and they are a handful for Class S schools. Ansonia plays at a different level then most other Class S schools. They are relentless on defense and they just pound on your defensive front. For what it's worth, Ansonia gave North Haven, Shelton, and NDWH all they could handle in preseason scrimmages. Depending on who you talk to, Ansonia physically manhandled NH and NDWH. Shelton held most of their starters out in the Ansonia scrimmage. So, take that one with a grain of salt. Seymour will also be a handful for teams, including Ansonia, if they can get by the Warhawks. Seymour QB, J Kelley is very good running Seymour's offense. He's a dual-threat. At 5'11, 200, he's a load and he's got some talented WRs. Bloomfield will have trouble with East Catholic in their opener. They beat EC earlier this year 38-32. A Bloomfield/Seymour semi final will be a shootout. The winner will give Ansonia a challenge. Seymour played Ansonia close in their first meeting before Ansonia pulled away late.

My picks: (state champion in bold)
LL - Darien vs Shelton (two great semis with Darien/Southington and Shelton/Glastonbury)

L - North Haven vs Windsor (NC/Windsor is going to be a war in the first round)

M - Ledyard vs St Joes (going out on a limb with this pick. SWC teams aren't great Ledyard has been there plenty and St Joe's always a tough out in the playoffs)

S - Ansonia vs Bloomfield (Bloomfield's athletes are better then Seymour's in semis)

Quarter Final Rosters and Results

It was tough for me to pick between Trinity or Ansonia as I feel the winner of that game wins it all.

Also, Brookfield has plenty of playoff experience (seniors have been there 2 times). Angarano has been in the championship game 6 times in the last 12 years. '03,'04,'05,'08,'13,'14 (victories in bold) and has been in the playoffs other years as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
St. Joes and Ledyard cannot meet in the championship. It will be Brookfield, Stratford (lol no), Killingly, or Abbott Tech (lol no) vs. New Fairfield, St. Joes, Ledyard, or Bacon

I think NF Brookfield or Ledyard will win it all. St. Joes is tough to tell, mostly because the wins they have are pretty poor.

I like Brookfield over Ledyard or NF in the final, but I don't like them over St. Joes. Brookfield pass D is terrible but they have one of the best run D's in the state. They match up well with Killingly, NF, and Ledyard. Not so much with St. Joes.

I think Ledyard and NF can both run all over St. Joes, so I'm hoping someone knocks them out before the final
You're right.....St Joe's and Ledyard would meet in the semis. I was thinking the winner of that match up wins it all. I meant to put St. Joe's over Brookfield in Class M final, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ledyard wins it. Yeah, the Cadets had some ugly wins, but their coaches will have them prepared. They've won it before with 2-3 losses.

Reaction Score
You're right.....St Joe's and Ledyard would meet in the semis. I was thinking the winner of that match up wins it all. I meant to put St. Joe's over Brookfield in Class M final, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ledyard wins it. Yeah, the Cadets had some ugly wins, but their coaches will have them prepared. They've won it before with 2-3 losses.

St. Joes is definitely playing their best ball as of late. They struggled vs. McMahon and Danbury, but after they got killed against Darien it's been smooth sailing. Their run D is suspect, though. Staples ran for almost 300 yds against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom