Courant: Brimah, Facey Bulk Up For Final Season | The Boneyard

Courant: Brimah, Facey Bulk Up For Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"It's taken a while," said associate head coach Glen Miller, "It has been a struggle, but it has all come together for both of them now. And it's showing in the court. If there is one area that has held them back a little, it was their lack of strength. Now, they're able to hold their position in the paint, defensively as well as offensively. They're both playing stronger now, more physical in the preseason."

Full article here.

Reaction Score
The fact that brimah has gained 20 pounds in four years and has no clue how many calories he eats is definitely disappointing... How is he measuring his gains without a clue of what he's putting in his body?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The fact that brimah has gained 20 pounds in four years and has no clue how many calories he eats is definitely disappointing... How is he measuring his gains without a clue of what he's putting in his body?
by muscle mass and weight? he's not studying it, he's being told what to eat and he eats...the guy's body type wont allow up to put on tons of weight... is there a hate for him that is so strong people grasp at whatever they can to rip him?

Reaction Score
by muscle mass and weight? he's not studying it, he's being told what to eat and he eats...the guy's body type wont allow up to put on tons of weight... is there a hate for him that is so strong people grasp at whatever they can to rip him?
Who's ripping him? the guy should know everything about getting gains , like it was on the back of his hand... i said I was dissapointed. Perhaps he just didn't articulate it well, but if someone told me 30+lbs separated me from being a draft pick I probably would be able to spit out anything about my diet or training regiment.

Reaction Score
Any parent will tell you that its always amazing how long it takes for 'kids' to find the light switch even if right in front of them:

Brimah said, "I just eat … eat … eat."

Facey said. "a lot more calories and lifting a lot more heavy weight."

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it's encouraging that the coaching staff reacted to my criticism - looks like the direction was to get away from Travis's various academic theories and simply lift weight and eat lot. True, I am oversimplifying but we will see how effective it is.
Looks like Kevon is checking off my various suggestions or variations of them starting with 1st night in which there won't be a gender mix our there at the same time so the men can play a little more competitively.

All this is good news. Good to know they were willing to make some sensible changes.

Reaction Score
I have long felt that balance and coordination were bigger problems for Brimah than muscle, at least upper body muscle. Not saying the added muscle won't help, I just think his 'build' has been overstated as a restricting factor in his development.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it's encouraging that the coaching staff reacted to my criticism - looks like the direction was to get away from Travis's various academic theories and simply lift weight and eat lot. True, I am oversimplifying but we will see how effective it is.
Looks like Kevon is checking off my various suggestions or variations of them starting with 1st night in which there won't be a gender mix our there at the same time so the men can play a little more competitively.

All this is good news. Good to know they were willing to make some sensible changes.

You've gone overboard with this one. Usually you're just subtle enough to toe the line between genius troll and endearing old guy, but there's no way you really believe this, right?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Tears rolling down my cheeks - getting the pop corn ready.

Reaction Score

I saw an episode of Friends tonight where an old girl friend called Chandler by his old nick name and it reminded me of you.

His nick name was "skid marks".

Chiefs briefs should now be known as Chief's skid marks because dude you need to wipe.

Reaction Score

You crack me up but I actually do agree that sometimes in this day and age people and some trainers try to make it more complicated than it is. You gain muscle by eating a lot of eggs, rice, chicken, beef etc. lifting heavy weight, and adapatation (trick your muscles a little bit.) All these complicated lifts, crazy diets, crossfit, new supplements seem to get in the way of what has always worked. Eating a lot of good muscle building foods and lifting really heavy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tears rolling down my cheeks - getting the pop corn ready.

NHWjvqE.gif

Love a good popcorn gif.

Reaction Score
You've gone overboard with this one. Usually you're just subtle enough to toe the line between genius troll and endearing old guy, but there's no way you really believe this, right?

The shark was jumped sooo long ago. There are two chiefs. Before Andre and his and after.

Reaction Score
Sounds good to me. Lets see how it translates on the floor in game situations. If these 2 guys can turn the corner this year though, its the perfect storm to Uconn cutting down the nets yet again!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it's encouraging that the coaching staff reacted to my criticism

Maybe they'll take your advice for first night and play against some stiffer competition than the ladies... makes the team soft, right?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Maybe they'll take your advice for first night and play against some stiffer competition than the ladies... makes the team soft, right?

Already happened.

Once the basketball gets underway, there will be an intersquad shooting contest, skills contest and a men's slam dunk contest. Then the teams will divide into blue and white squads for the scrimmage, four five-minute quarters, with two segments featuring men's action and two featuring women's action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom