Conversation with Benedict | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conversation with Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mr. Game Experience needs to fix three things:

Quick entry at gates from 25-10 mins before game

21st century offensive coordinator

Out of town/conference scoreboard on main board. Last two home games zero info. Ribbon boards aren't enough for out of townn scores.

UconnWitt

Because Fartman69 was taken.
Reaction Score
Can you say Rice? Ball state? Kentucky? thats us! were never landing in another conference,THAT you can hang your hat on,especially with this half ass HC
Well not with that attitude! Think positive...

Reaction Score
Wow, this guy seems lost and incompetent. I need a $500k job where I can just flail around and delegate and have zero accountability and 9000 excuses.

This is all on Suzi, she hired this guy for big things.

Also: said he believes we would be in a VERY different situation if Edsall had stayed. End quote.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
What drew him in to our tailgate was my Big 12 flag Flying under the Huskies flag. He asked whose flag it was. I told him it was mine. He smiled and said "thanks for.the support. " then I called Jarhead over so we could pick his brain. I wanted to lower my flag after he left. Not heartening.

Reaction Score
What drew him in to our tailgate was my Big 12 flag Flying under the Huskies flag. He asked whose flag it was. I told him it was mine. He smiled and said "thanks for.the support. " then I called Jarhead over so we could pick his brain. I wanted to lower my flag after he left. Not heartening.
Saw you guys walking into the stadium. Flag is GREAT!!!

Reaction Score
Thumbs up on the flag.Great stuff.It sure sounds like the AD is telegraphing the kick.

Reaction Score
Wow, this guy seems lost and incompetent. I need a $500k job where I can just flail around and delegate and have zero accountability and 9000 excuses.

This is all on Suzi, she hired this guy for big things.

You haven't a clue.

Reaction Score
Met with Dave Benedict at our tailgate just now. We asked him how the Big12 meeting went and he didn't glow. He said that if they are hanging their hat on geography, we are going to lose. Also said that while we are on a good trajectory, not being able to be full for Syracuse does not help. 1 bowl game in 6 years does not help. He said football in general is really hurting us.
This is obviously all stuff we know, but to hear kind of a Debbie downer attitude from him was not inspiring. Says he is aware of the boneyard but never logs in. I explained that this community is really the heart of people who give money and stick with it no matter what. He said he would like to *try* to engage us at some point, but the time and effort he puts into other issues precludes it.
Sounds like the guy was being straight up with you which I like versus the bullshyt Bobby Debacle is telling us regarding this football team.

This was the first game I have been to this year as I recently moved to GA. Prior to that I held season tickets for 7 years. The delay at the gate with about 20 minutes to kickoff was the longest I has ever seen. The atmosphere is uninspiring. The place is a concrete morgue.

Reaction Score
The delay at the gate with about 20 minutes to kickoff was the longest I has ever seen. The atmosphere is uninspiring. The place is a concrete morgue.

The line was ridiculous for the second game in a row. And for the "get there early" crowd you missed kickoff if you got in line 25 mins before kickoff. The atmosphere definitely could use a jolt, although winning and proper coaching would help. And when UConn mounted its comebacks in 2nd and 4th quarter there was lots of life in building, although the goal line "stand" certainly sucked a lot of air out of Rent.

Reaction Score
Why is our AD spilling secrets to a tailgate crew?

So the AD is walking around the lot and targets a group with a B12 flag, specifically asks about it and then says we are doomed. I'm missing something. Couldn't he have avoided the whole thing?

He was spilling no secrets. He stated our obvious downsides which have been discussed ad nauseam. My takeaway was that he was not excited at our prospects. In no way did he say we weren't getting in. This was my own interpretation of what he said and his overall demeanor about the situation. @HuskiesFan1014 can chime in and give his opinion, too.

Reaction Score
Met with Dave Benedict at our tailgate just now. We asked him how the Big12 meeting went and he didn't glow. He said that if they are hanging their hat on geography, we are going to lose. Also said that while we are on a good trajectory, not being able to be full for Syracuse does not help. 1 bowl game in 6 years does not help. He said football in general is really hurting us.
This is obviously all stuff we know, but to hear kind of a Debbie downer attitude from him was not inspiring. Says he is aware of the boneyard but never logs in. I explained that this community is really the heart of people who give money and stick with it no matter what. He said he would like to *try* to engage us at some point, but the time and effort he puts into other issues precludes it.

Therefore ... the BEST thing for our University of Connecticut is that B12 does nothing. No expansion. Lots of recrimination. Oklahoma & Texas against each other. That leaves the American (as we see developing) a really good conference & getting better. Maybe we see this as a National Alliance with Boise, Colorado State, BYU and SD State. And the puny revenue coming from TV gets into the Teens.

We started - really - in 2003. That actually is our biggest problem. Need proof? Watch Charlotte yesterday against Temple. Our football program (with Diaco or not) needs seasoning. In time, our excellence and our fanbase would far overwhelm Syracuse, BC and Rutgers. We need some breaks here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We are fortunate we only lost Edsall ... as Hathaway potentially could have pushed Calhoun (and the entire Men's alumni) and Auriemma to another University as well.
If that had happened JH would have suffered a slow and very painful demise. I would have made sure of that.

Reaction Score
What gate? Gate D had no line/empty lanes @ 12:30.

was at Gate D 12:35 and got in stadium just in time to see 1st burning of Summers. It did seem as if the growth of the line exploded in a very short period of time.

I tried D this week because C was so horrendous last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom