Connecticut’s UConn commits excited for the future | The Boneyard

Connecticut’s UConn commits excited for the future

Reaction Score
http://www.gametimect.com/football-connecticuts-uconn-commits-excited-for-the-future/

>>Four of the 14 commits (not counting the preferred walk-ons) hail from Connecticut counting Suffield Academy star Tahj Herring. Many of the recruits have been on campus at the same time or connected during the recent all-state football photo shoot.

We have a group message with all the commits to UConn so it is good, it will be good to see them and talk to them a little more,” said Rose, who threw for 2,636 yards with 39 touchdowns and six interceptions as a senior at Southington High.

“There is just one big group message and we just talk throughout the day. We are all taking our official visits next weekend so we talk about that. We talk about next year and getting ready for it and how excited we are.”<<

Reaction Score
The following excerpt from what Teddy Allmendinger (the kid from Avon) had to say gives insight into the staff's philosophy regarding preferred walk-ons:

"“They say that being a preferred walk-on is the same thing as being on scholarship, you just pay for first year because they are bringing you in to earn a scholarship. Of course I wanted to validate that so I asked a player who actually was a preferred walk-on who earned a scholarship and he validated all of that so that was a relief knowing that was truthful. That kind of got my excitement level much higher knowing that my dream of playing high-level Division I football is finally coming true and I am going to make the most of it.”

They are not scout team fodder. They are expected to earn a scholarship. Great approach!

Reaction Score
The following excerpt from what Teddy Allmendinger (the kid from Avon) had to say gives insight into the staff's philosophy regarding preferred walk-ons:

"“They say that being a preferred walk-on is the same thing as being on scholarship, you just pay for first year because they are bringing you in to earn a scholarship. Of course I wanted to validate that so I asked a player who actually was a preferred walk-on who earned a scholarship and he validated all of that so that was a relief knowing that was truthful. That kind of got my excitement level much higher knowing that my dream of playing high-level Division I football is finally coming true and I am going to make the most of it.”

They are not scout team fodder. They are expected to earn a scholarship. Great approach!
This is a great developmental tool and motivator. Not that these kids need anymore motivation, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom