Congratulations, Kiah Stokes | The Boneyard

Congratulations, Kiah Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BY_Tweet_7.jpg

Well Deserved and Well Done Ms. Kiah Stokes. We will miss your demeanor, your positive attitude, your ever present smile, your monster blocks ...but, most of all, we will miss ...YOU! Thank you. Ours eyes will now also be on the N.Y. Liberty. All the best!

Reaction Score
Kiah, if you can put up with Geno for four years and still maintain at 4.0 you can attain any goal. However, I would not recommend CIA undercover work, because at 6'4", your beauty might be too difficult to disguise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats, Kiah! That is quite admirable. Between your professors, coaches, fellow students, and teammates, I bet it was a great learning experience.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Great defensive basketball player, great smile, great mind, three-time NCAA champion!!! Thank you Kiah!!!

And now for Floyd-Manny!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno said it best in a February Jeff Jacobs column:

Later Thursday, Auriemma would tell reporters, "[Kiah] is the absolute epitome of what you would want in a student athlete. She is a great human being. She is a great teammate. She is a great friend. She works diligently in school. If somebody said, 'Kiah Stokes is the face of your program,' I would be like that's pretty good. She kind of represents what we're all about."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
But Nan, Geno's comment above shows that he never really got Kiah to perform in the manner that he envisioned for her.
And with all his admiration and affection which is undeniable
A smidge of frustration remains.

This is a kid who ultimately did it "her way." and Frankie would say.
There is something splendid about that.

I adore the pictures above, the delightful, innocent face.
With some striking resolve hidden underneath.

If she really wants it…Be careful, she has what it take s to make a real impact in the W or wherever.

Love that kid…not a kid any more.

Reaction Score
"I adore the pictures above, the delightful, innocent face.
With some striking resolve hidden underneath ."

What do you mean by the above statement?

Reaction Score
Now based on her teammates' comments, we wait for the engagement announcement! :)

Reaction Score
But Nan, Geno's comment above shows that he never really got Kiah to perform in the manner that he envisioned for her.
And with all his admiration and affection which is undeniable
A smidge of frustration remains.

This is a kid who ultimately did it "her way." and Frankie would say.
There is something splendid about that.

I adore the pictures above, the delightful, innocent face.
With some striking resolve hidden underneath.

If she really wants it…Be careful, she has what it take s to make a real impact in the W or wherever.

Love that kid…not a kid any more.
msf22b - IMHO Geno was frustrated the first two years because he thought he could develop Kiah as a scorer. In the beginning of her junior year he still thought that and then he finally realized that Kiah was an invaluable asset when needed in dire situations. Kiah was at peace with her role and Geno finally knew he could rely on Kiah to rebound and block shots--every time necessary. This year Kiah and Geno had an unwritten agreement that she could score 4-6 points and everyone would be happy. But everyone on the UConn side (including you and me) knew the value of Kiah's role. The pact was signed. sealed, and delivered (no more frustration) when Kiah pounded Notre Dame with the 19 rebounds. Kiah is another example of the recruiting system that Geno & CD have fine-tuned over 30 years. Kids with character, resilience, upbeat (Dolson types), and just GOOD PEOPLE. I get such a nice feeling just thinking about these kids and the program.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kiah, if you can put up with Geno for four years and still maintain at 4.0 you can attain any goal. However, I would not recommend CIA undercover work, because at 6'4", your beauty might be too difficult to disguise.
Sally did Kiah grow since her last game?

Reaction Score

Well Deserved and Well Done Ms. Kiah Stokes. We will miss your demeanor, your positive attitude, your ever present smile, your monster blocks ...but, most of all, we will miss ...YOU! Thank you. Ours eyes will now also be on the N.Y. Liberty. All the best!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Isn't super to have a beautiful (gorgeous), athletic and super intelligent Woman who gave us 4 year of great intertainment that it makes your heart just THUMP THUMP THUMP when you think of her. Thank you..
I'll throw in my Congratulations and Well deserved, well done to yours. Again Java Man you just made my day.

Reaction Score
Geno said it best in a February Jeff Jacobs column:

Later Thursday, Auriemma would tell reporters, "[Kiah] is the absolute epitome of what you would want in a student athlete. She is a great human being. She is a great teammate. She is a great friend. She works diligently in school. If somebody said, 'Kiah Stokes is the face of your program,' I would be like that's pretty good. She kind of represents what we're all about."
Thank you Nan!! This was probably the best comment from Geno about Kiah. Kiah withstood the most that Geno could dish which is a testament to her character. Kiah COULD score and did score-. This thread is a tribute to Kiah. She earned it.

Reaction Score
Kiah, please stay in the WNBA so I can get a fix of that all-American smile occasionally...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom