CONGRATS!!!!!! | The Boneyard

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL, you were a pretty classy guest prior to the ISU game. You're welcome back any time!

Reaction Score
What an amazing run great accomplishment!!!!!

Also makes a Clone feel better that they lost to the National Champs (2 out of 3 years).

Now I'll look for the Big 12 to add UConn since we need some East Coast teams to satisfy WV.

Honestly, your team was the best one UConn faced. If UConn had to play all the teams from this tournament again, I would choose you guys as the last UConn had to play. Kentucky second and then St. Joe's 3rd (assuming their guard Galloway had come down to earth, but if Galloway was still shooting circus shots like a madman, they'd be right up there with you guys).

This morning so many of the Talking Heads are patting UConn on the back for dispatching Michigan State, Florida and Kentucky in succession, while marveling that UConn got lucky against St. Joseph's, and the same talking heads don't don't even mention Iowa St., and they don't realize the high quality players that played for St. Joe's. It's so stupid.

Reaction Score
Honestly, your team was the best one UConn faced. If UConn had to play all the teams from this tournament again, I would choose you guys as the last UConn had to play. Kentucky second and then St. Joe's 3rd (assuming their guard Galloway had come down to earth, but if Galloway was still shooting circus shots like a madman, they'd be right up there with you guys).

This morning so many of the Talking Heads are patting UConn on the back for dispatching Michigan State, Florida and Kentucky in succession, while marveling that UConn got lucky against St. Joseph's, and the same talking heads don't don't even mention Iowa St., and they don't realize the high quality players that played for St. Joe's. It's so stupid.
Thanks. We like to think that as well. Makes us feel better. Napier and Daniels were just on fire and we didn't get the offense going until the second half. Although, I have to think UConn's defense let up a little with the lead.

Oh Well. Daniels coming on really makes UConn unbeatable. Just too many weapons. Glad to see UConn beat Kentucky.

It sucks that ISU has been beaten by two National Champs ad another Final Four team the last three years. But to be the best, ultimately you have to beat the best.

Again Congrats!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Of all the "If onlies . . . ", that pundits and opposing coaches/fans tried on, the only that I'd give any credence to would be (1) if St. Joe's had just one more player and (2) if Niang could have played. The latter would be the more worrisome of the two. The three final games spoke for themselves. Thanks for revisting, and I still think of you as "t calzone." You should stop back off season when local foods get some of the most impassioned conversation.

pj

Reaction Score
It took UConn a long time to break through. We lost in the Elite Eight to Duke (eventual runnerup) in 1990, in the Sweet Sixteen to Duke (eventual champion) in 1991, to Ohio State in the second round in 1992, to Florida in the Sweet Sixteen in 1994, to UCLA (eventual champion) in the Elite Eight in 1995, to Miss State in the Sweet Sixteen in 1996, to North Carolina in the Elite Eight in 1998, before finally winning the national championship in 1999.

Iowa State is on its way! As long as it has Hoiberg it will do well.

Reaction Score
It took UConn a long time to break through. We lost in the Elite Eight to Duke (eventual runnerup) in 1990, in the Sweet Sixteen to Duke (eventual champion) in 1991, to Ohio State in the second round in 1992, to Florida in the Sweet Sixteen in 1994, to UCLA (eventual champion) in the Elite Eight in 1995, to Miss State in the Sweet Sixteen in 1996, to North Carolina in the Elite Eight in 1998, before finally winning the national championship in 1999.

Iowa State is on its way! As long as it has Hoiberg it will do well.

gotta agree - watching that game I was thinking that this program is going to be around for a while with that coach.

Reaction Score
Of all the "If onlies . . . ", that pundits and opposing coaches/fans tried on, the only that I'd give any credence to would be (1) if St. Joe's had just one more player and (2) if Niang could have played. The latter would be the more worrisome of the two. The three final games spoke for themselves. Thanks for revisting, and I still think of you as "t calzone." You should stop back off season when local foods get some of the most impassioned conversation.
I do love a good calzone! LOL

Reaction Score

We reside West of the Mississppi. The talking heads don't know that the Louisiana Purchase was ever signed, have never heard of Lewis and Clark and simply can't get their head out of the asses of Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc.....

Reaction Score
We reside West of the Mississppi. The talking heads don't know that the Louisiana Purchase was ever signed, have never heard of Lewis and Clark and simply can't get their head out of the asses of Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc.....

Well, they do like Kansas.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Thanks for revisting, and I still think of you as "t calzone."
Good stuff. My eyes and brain never saw it, but now that you've pointed it out, that's all I'll ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom